This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by -Jrabbit View Post
    See? The media is so desperate for fresh ink on Tebow, they are actually down to doing stories on media access to Tebow.

Kinda sad.
    Navel gazing at its worst.
    "I hope I get to punch you in the face one day" - MRT144, Imran Siddiqui
    'I'm fairly certain that a ban on me punching you in the face is not a "right" worth respecting." - loinburger

Comment

• Originally posted by Sparrowhawk View Post
      Assuming they do go 0-16
      Peyton Manning, MVP!!!

(well, maybe he can split with Aaron Rodgers )
      “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
      - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

• After hearing people start chanting Tebow for MVP, I'd go with Peyton.
        It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
        RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

• It just proves how important a QB can be to his team. Some of them, like Manning and Cutler, disguise other offensive problems. I think Indy should just wait as long as possible to make their decision on what to do with #1 pick. If Manning looks like he can play soon, trade it and get more players/picks, but if not, keep it and get Luck and see what you can get for Manning. It is tempting to say Manning is MVP even though he hasn't played but I don't see how you can do that. It should go to an active player (not Tebow).

Comment

• Anyone know why the #3 NFL WR is not even listed on the Pro Bowl ballot? I can't find Victor Cruz on there anywhere.

By the way, Eli has had a different top WR each of the last five seasons... Burress, Hixon, Smith, Nicks, and now Cruz. Has another top QB had so many different guys as their leading WR? It's like what they say about Peyton Manning that he can make any WR he throws to a star.
            "Flutie was better than Kelly, Elway, Esiason and Cunningham." - Ben Kenobi
            "I have nothing against Wilson, but he's nowhere near the same calibre of QB as Flutie. Flutie threw for 5k+ yards in the CFL." -Ben Kenobi

Comment

• When they made up the ballot, Cruz was still the #3 WR on his own team. That's why.
              Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
              RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

When they made up the ballot, Cruz was still the #3 WR on his own team. That's why.
                Which goes to show you that they start this Pro Bowl thing WAAAAAAAY too early.

Yeah I just confirmed it:

Two deserving Giants – receiver Victor Cruz and defensive end Jason Pierre-Paul – are not on the ballot because neither projected as a starter before the season when the ballots were made up. The NFL has no process in place for adding a player to the ballot during the season.
                Ridiculous. Cruz is the league's #3 WR and JPP has 12.5 sacks!
                "I have nothing against Wilson, but he's nowhere near the same calibre of QB as Flutie. Flutie threw for 5k+ yards in the CFL." -Ben Kenobi

Comment

• Wait a second...

Packers got Greg Jennings, Donald Driver, AND Jordy Nelson on there.

The Saints have Colston, Henderson, AND Meachem.

Laurent Robinson is on there. Huh? The Cowboys have Miles Austin, Dez Bryant, AND Laurent Robinson on there. No ****ing way. Laurent Robinson wasn't even on the team to start the season.

Something is fishy.

The BEARS (!!!!) have ****ing Hester, Williams, and Knox. What the flying ****?

The Lions have Calvin Johnson, Burleson, and Titus Young.

Okay now I'm getting confused and a little pissed off that something is up.

Doug Baldwin is on there for the Seahawks along with Rice and Mike Williams. Preston Parker joins Benn and Mike Williams for Tampa.

The only thing I can imagine is that Coughlin doesn't list 3 WR in his 'starting package' they use on broadcasts. I know on Giants' broadcasts, only two WR's are shown and Hynoski is given at FB.
                  Last edited by Al B. Sure!; December 14, 2011, 17:25.

Comment

• A. This is nothing to get upset about, Alby.
                    -1. Fan voting is stupid. Fans stuff the ballot box for their local heroes and/or vote for big names.
                    -2. Fan voting only counts for 1/3 of the selection process.

B. Frankly, the player voting is just as retarded.
                    -1. Perennial Pro Bowlers are routinely voted in by large margins, even when they've had a bad year.
                    -2. Some teams have discussions and vote as a group; others hand out ballots individually. No consistency.

C. It's just a stupid all-star game that nobody watches and nobody cares about.
                    Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
                    RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

C. It's just a stupid all-star game that nobody watches and nobody cares about.

Comment

• Truer words have never been spoken.
                        Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
                        "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
                        He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

• Check this out, Al.

The official source for NFL news, video highlights, fantasy football, game-day coverage, schedules, stats, scores and more.
                          Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
                          "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
                          He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

• Holmgren admits they did not check out Colt McCoy after his hit that led to the concussion. As J.A. Adande said on ATH, a big fine should be leveled against the team. The NFL is quick to fine the players for hits so they should also be quick to fine teams for not following their policies, esp. the ones for checking concussions.

Comment

• +100

Comment

• The Cleveland Browns have had shady medical staff for years. Remember all those staph infections?

Comment

Working...
                                X