X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Justifiable.
    Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
    RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

• Peter King proves that my hatred of the tebow story has nothing to do with Tebow himself:

From Monday through Saturday last week, the most in-demand player in America's biggest game did the following with the media:
      Monday: KOA radio interview (5 mins.).
      Tuesday: Nothing.
      Wednesday: Local press conference (10);
      Conference call with Chicago media (10);
      Interview, LA Times' Sam Farmer (14).
      Thursday: Nothing
      Friday: Taping KOA pregame show interview (5);
      FOX-TV production meeting (15);
      Interview, SI's Jim Trotter (18 -- includes five minutes just chatting)
      Interview, FOXSports.com's Alex Marvez (6)
      Saturday: Nothing
      Sunday: The usual.

Total time spent with media on non-game days: 83 minutes.
      Total minutes in six days: 8,640.
      Percentage of Tebow's life spent with media last week: 0.9 percent.

Doesn't seem like too much of a distraction to me.

ACK!
      Don't try to confuse the issue with half-truths and gorilla dust!

Comment

• Originally posted by Al B. Sure! View Post
        I mentioned how Urlacher, the sore loser and ***** that he is, wanted to talk smack about Tebow and how classy Tebow was in his response... This is what the great Steve Young had to say:
        Originally posted by -Jrabbit View Post
        Agreed. I understand he was pissed off, heat of the moment and all, but Urlacher is usually a lot classier.

Kind of a shame.
        Why? Players are just humans that are closer to the actuality than those in the world who see the same thing. Because he's in the same profession he should be quiet? He has a right. I see and hear a lot that bothers me a lot more than Urlacher bothers me. Keeping in mind that I've said that IMO Tebow is an above average person and a good athlete. Urlacher didn't dispute that thought..
        Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
        "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
        He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

• I've never seen players, after games, criticize the legitimacy of a player even being on the field or playing his position. Have you? It's absurd. The Tebow hate is at ridiculous levels.

I'm just glad Tebow keeps trucking and winning.
          "Flutie was better than Kelly, Elway, Esiason and Cunningham." - Ben Kenobi
          "I have nothing against Wilson, but he's nowhere near the same calibre of QB as Flutie. Flutie threw for 5k+ yards in the CFL." -Ben Kenobi

Comment

• Better he than Vick.
            Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.

Comment

• Hater.

Do you hear yourself? Nothing but a hater.
              "I have nothing against Wilson, but he's nowhere near the same calibre of QB as Flutie. Flutie threw for 5k+ yards in the CFL." -Ben Kenobi

Comment

• How the **** do you figure? I've said good things about Tebow. I just disagree that he's a great QB, like you do.
                Vick has regressed. He started well and then fell back into his old game play. Just an observation.

Comment

• I think Tebow is a natural leader and motivator - essential qualities in a good QB.

I think this run of wins is disguising some obvious problems with his game (long throwing motion, not very accurate). His running ability (and Fox's willingness to run the option about 30% of the time for him) is clearly an asset.

Re Tuber's comment: I don't think anyone's been calling Tebow a media whore. The media is driving the mania in search of a great story. (Though I am curious whether that list was put out by the Broncos or by Tebow's agent...)
                  RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

• One thing that is interesting though is that the Broncos play-calling seems to change in the 4th quarter. They spread their WR's wide with Tebow in the shotgun and go into near-hurry up. John Fox and Mike McCoy have an offense that is supposed to be working with Tebow but they're waiting until the very end of games to 'unleash' him.

The offense plays very conservatively through 3 quarters. Why is it that they're run, run, run and offensively scoreless in the first 3 quarters of most of these games but at the very end, Tebow starts slinging it (he threw 24 passes in the 4th of the Bears' game) and they come back.

I'm beginning to think that the reason for these 4th quarter comebacks (as opposed to just leading all game) isn't on Tebow but is on the chains John Fox is putting on him.
                    Last edited by Al B. Sure!; December 14, 2011, 03:20.

Comment

• So 0-13 Indianapolis has the full AFC South gamut of Tennesse, Houston, and Jacksonville left on the schedule. Yikes. 0-16?

Comment

• Assuming they do go 0-16 or close enough to give them the #1 pick....are they in an enviable position or not? I have no idea what direction they would go.....trade Manning trade Luck keep both and see how well Manning has recovered next season and ease Luck into the system?

Not sure it's an ideal situation as Manning should have several great years ahead, but how long could they justify keeping Luck on the bench assuming he is all that he is hyped to be?

Worst case scenario I can see is that they piss off both QB's and their fans, but it will be interesting to see how they deal with it (assuming they get #1, and at this point.....who is still challenging them for the #1...St Louis/Minnesota at 2-11?).

/me
                        "Clearly I'm missing the thread some of where the NFL actually is." - Ben Kenobi on his NFL knowledge

Comment

• Yeah they have the #1 pick. They're not getting 2+ wins.

Minnesota may go 4-12. They might beat Washington and should beat Chicago.

Comment

• They should take Luck and let him sit and learn from Manning. There's absolutely no reason to not have them both.

Comment

• Originally posted by -Jrabbit View Post
                              I think Tebow is a natural leader and motivator - essential qualities in a good QB.

I think this run of wins is disguising some obvious problems with his game (long throwing motion, not very accurate). His running ability (and Fox's willingness to run the option about 30% of the time for him) is clearly an asset.

Re Tuber's comment: I don't think anyone's been calling Tebow a media whore. The media is driving the mania in search of a great story. (Though I am curious whether that list was put out by the Broncos or by Tebow's agent...)
                              Guess I should have added the first part:

It occurred to me that Tebow must be getting slammed with media requests and pulled in different directions by the demands, so I asked Denver manager of media information Patrick Smyth just how slammed Tebow is. Smyth estimated Tebow has been getting about 100 requests per week, including the Tonight Show with Jay Leno, CNN, FOX News and fitness and religious channels. No, no, no, no and no.
                              From Monday through Saturday last week, the most in-demand player in America's biggest game did the following with the media:

ACK!

Don't try to confuse the issue with half-truths and gorilla dust!

Comment

• See? The media is so desperate for fresh ink on Tebow, they are actually down to doing stories on media access to Tebow.

Kinda sad.

Comment

Working...
                                X