This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Imran Siddiqui View Post
    The hatred against Tebow confounds me. I'm not a huge Tebow fan, but the fact he drops to his knees to say a prayer of thanks after ever TD is a complete non-issue. Plenty of players have done that. And it isn't forcing anyone to listen to anything, its in the place of a goofy TD celebration. So what?
    That's not why people hate Tebow...

I mean, you're fairly good about being an even handed and compassionate Christian, so I don't get why you're coming at this from a "Persecuted Christian" angle, but people don't hate him for one of his defining characteristics. They hate him because they can't escape media coverage and ridiculous attribution of success solely to him.

Tebow is a face turned heel by overexposure, not because he's changed as a person.
    "I hope I get to punch you in the face one day" - MRT144, Imran Siddiqui
    'I'm fairly certain that a ban on me punching you in the face is not a "right" worth respecting." - loinburger

Comment

• It's because he's a better person than the haters. The haters can't deal with it.
      "Flutie was better than Kelly, Elway, Esiason and Cunningham." - Ben Kenobi
      "I have nothing against Wilson, but he's nowhere near the same calibre of QB as Flutie. Flutie threw for 5k+ yards in the CFL." -Ben Kenobi

Comment

• Originally posted by MRT144 View Post
        That's not why people hate Tebow...

I mean, you're fairly good about being an even handed and compassionate Christian, so I don't get why you're coming at this from a "Persecuted Christian" angle, but people don't hate him for one of his defining characteristics. They hate him because they can't escape media coverage and ridiculous attribution of success solely to him.

Tebow is a face turned heel by overexposure, not because he's changed as a person.
        Plenty of people are turned off by his kneeling after a Touchdown (do you think Tebowing is done in honor of him?) and it was there from when he was at Florida (where the attribution of success was most definitely mostly due to him). I find it incredibly strange.
        “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
        - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

• I've noticed almost all the analysts have come around. Except Merrill Hoge. But I think Merrill Hoge lost his girlfriend to a running QB or something because he always has beef with running QB's.
          "I have nothing against Wilson, but he's nowhere near the same calibre of QB as Flutie. Flutie threw for 5k+ yards in the CFL." -Ben Kenobi

Comment

• I don't hate him in the least. I certainly don't hold being a Christian and letting it be known against him. I think he's an exceptional athlete. I just don't think at this point in time that he's an NFL QB. Maybe that will change. Maybe not. Maybe they'll move him. He can't continue as is forever.
            Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
            "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
            He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

• Originally posted by SlowwHand View Post
              I don't hate him in the least. I certainly don't hold being a Christian and letting it be known against him. I think he's an exceptional athlete. I just don't think at this point in time that he's an NFL QB. Maybe that will change. Maybe not. Maybe they'll move him. He can't continue as is forever.
              Against Vikings:

10/15 for 202 yards and 2 scores (66.7% completion percentage; 149.3 QB rating) with 4 carries for 13 yards.

Sounds like early Ben Roethlisberger to me.

I've watched as much as they've shown on tv of Tebow (the end of the Miami game, the Jets game, the Vikings game) and one thing that is amazing is that defenses still can't handle him. He's unstoppable when he runs in short yardage and his WR's get wide the hell open. It's a bit of a knock on Tebow because he can't always hit his open men (and they, being all young receivers, have a tendency to drop the ball, as well), but on a lot of Tebow's big pass plays, there's no one the hell near the WR.

Tebow is making defenses play 11 on 11 football. When you have a LB on spy, safeties playing up, and DE's scared to lose contain, you get blown coverages and Tebow is benefiting. You take his option to run from Tebow and he loses an important part of his game that is helping him win and build confidence.

My honest assessment: He has check-downs and 9 routes down. That much is clear from his few passes. He needs to improve as an intermediate passer. He is also very protective of the ball which is the main reason Denver is winning. When he misses, he misses like McNabb does... hits the WR in the feet... but at least no DB can catch it. That is a real strength of his game. That Vikings game showed that while Christian Ponder may be a more refined passer, like all rookie QB's, he is prone to make the bad decision trying to make something happen. Tebow knows not to force things, which a lot of QB's (Rex Grossman) never learn.

I watched a clip of John Fox making comments watching Tebow film. He noted a bouncing crazy pass from Tebow and said that everyone watching that probably thinks this guy stinks but that he, as Tebow's coach, can see why Tebow threw like that and the decision-making behind it; basically, it's not there so do the next best thing. (http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d...bows-strengths)
              Last edited by Al B. Sure!; December 8, 2011, 01:12.

Comment

• These were the big Tebow throws from the Vikings game. Look how wide open Thomas is. On the one where Tebow is scrambling around, the defense collapses in the face of his running ability before he hits Thomas wide open.

The official source for NFL news, video highlights, fantasy football, game-day coverage, schedules, stats, scores and more.

The official source for NFL news, video highlights, fantasy football, game-day coverage, schedules, stats, scores and more.

Comment

• Al! They changed and simplified the offense to accommodate what he's capable of doing. As I said, a fine athlete, but not an NFL QB.
                  Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.

Comment

• Originally posted by SlowwHand View Post
                    Al! They changed and simplified the offense to accommodate what he's capable of doing. As I said, a fine athlete, but not an NFL QB.
                    And yet they've gone 6-1 after starting 1-4 with their 'real' offense. Sounds to me that this 'simplified' offense is getting the job done. It's a better offense than what John Fox and Mike McCoy had to start the season.

Comment

• Originally posted by Al B. Sure! View Post
                      And yet they've gone 6-1 after starting 1-4 with their 'real' offense. Sounds to me that this 'simplified' offense is getting the job done. It's a better offense than what John Fox and Mike McCoy had to start the season.
                      You know that theyve played two teams with winning records and tebow accounts for less than half hos teams points. Not only that but the broncs d has been good to great as have special teams. Tebow has been good in not turning ot over. Thats it.
                      'I'm fairly certain that a ban on me punching you in the face is not a "right" worth respecting." - loinburger

Comment

• Originally posted by MRT144 View Post
                        You know that theyve played two teams with winning records and tebow accounts for less than half hos teams points. Not only that but the broncs d has been good to great as have special teams. Tebow has been good in not turning ot over. Thats it.
                        Not turning the ball over is huge. It's why the defense can play so well because opponents start all their drives from no further than their own 20-yard lines. He has also rushed for 468 yards in 7 and a half games, including a 118 yard day, and has scored 13 TDs. Again and again, everyone acts like his rushing doesn't count or something.

And it's not like Tebow can't throw it. Remember last year when, in his only 2nd career start, he led the Broncos to a win with 308 yards passing? He can throw if need be.

Comment

• On July 17, 2010 (and again on July 31), I posted in these forums:

watch Tebow become far better of a QB than Bradford.
                          Tebow will be a pro bowler in 5 years.
                          Sloww replied with:
                          The Tebow observation makes me think you got some of that codeine.
                          I guess nothing has changed in 2 and a half years.

Comment

• Obviously not.

Comment

• Originally posted by Al B. Sure! View Post
                              Not turning the ball over is huge. It's why the defense can play so well because opponents start all their drives from no further than their own 20-yard lines. He has also rushed for 468 yards in 7 and a half games, including a 118 yard day, and has scored 13 TDs. Again and again, everyone acts like his rushing doesn't count or something.

And it's not like Tebow can't throw it. Remember last year when, in his only 2nd career start, he led the Broncos to a win with 308 yards passing? He can throw if need be.
                              Unglue your lips from his dick Al. He can throw to wide open WRs, something that makes him merely average in the league.

Comment

• But... but he can run! Don't forget he can run!
                                Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
                                RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

Working...
                                X