Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Reid survived the Coach Killer, Terrell Owens. He may survive again.

Either way, he's had a great run in Philly. Only missing one small piece of hardware or he'd be considered a legend and a genius.
    Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
    RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

• Remember when Jim Mora called Mike Vick a 'coach killer'?
      "Flutie was better than Kelly, Elway, Esiason and Cunningham." - Ben Kenobi
      "I have nothing against Wilson, but he's nowhere near the same calibre of QB as Flutie. Flutie threw for 5k+ yards in the CFL." -Ben Kenobi

Comment

• Sorry the quality is rough:

A lot of "get off my lawn, you damn kids!" from Costas or does he have a point? I already know how Slowwhand will feel about it.
        "I have nothing against Wilson, but he's nowhere near the same calibre of QB as Flutie. Flutie threw for 5k+ yards in the CFL." -Ben Kenobi

Comment

• This made me crack the hell up but everyone's the wrong demographic here to find it funny... still, I don't care:

Last edited by Al B. Sure!; November 28, 2011, 20:24.

Comment

• Originally posted by Al B. Sure! View Post
            So a lot of talk in Philly about Andy Reid should get fired at the end of this season. More than the usual weekly 'fire Andy Reid' stuff. Thoughts?

The Patriots game was an odd one. The Eagles jumped up 10-0 but ended up getting blown out. The play-calling? 48 pass attempts with Vince freaking Young and 10 rushes with the NFL leading rusher. How was that a gameplan?
            It might have something to do with the fact that for a good chunk of the game the only player in the New England secondary that was actually drafted into the NFL was a converted quarterback (converted to a wide receiver, that is). It was the right thing to do, it just didn't work because NE is a much better team.
            "In the beginning was the Word. Then came the ******* word processor." -Dan Simmons, Hyperion

Comment

• Originally posted by Koyaanisqatsi View Post
              It might have something to do with the fact that for a good chunk of the game the only player in the New England secondary that was actually drafted into the NFL was a converted quarterback (converted to a wide receiver, that is). It was the right thing to do, it just didn't work because NE is a much better team.
              I agree in principle. The Bills, Steelers, and Giants threw all over New England. NE's secondary is the worst in the league. However, when you have the league's leading rusher, you give him the ball, especially when you got Vince Young at QB and you don't even have your best WR (Maclin is better than Desean Jackson).

The fact of the matter is McCoy is a matchup killer and I don't think NE could honestly stop him. They might stuff him a few times but he always will eventually break-off a huge gain (he did have a 22 yarder on like his 4th carry)

Comment

• saw video of a player in the Cle/Cincy game fake getting pushed to draw a flag, and it worked. There was a scrum for a fumble and the player pulled another out of the pile by the ankles so the guy got up and gave him a light shove, but just enough to extend his arms, and the guy who pulled him out of the pile literally jumped backwards landing on his butt/back and the ref threw a flag.

Comment

• That sucks. Nice guys finish last.

But at least with video, we know who's guilty on replay.
                  RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

• Originally posted by Berzerker View Post
                    saw video of a player in the Cle/Cincy game fake getting pushed to draw a flag, and it worked. There was a scrum for a fumble and the player pulled another out of the pile by the ankles so the guy got up and gave him a light shove, but just enough to extend his arms, and the guy who pulled him out of the pile literally jumped backwards landing on his butt/back and the ref threw a flag.
                    Jerome Simpson. The guy who shoved him was Scott Fujita.

You're such a casual fan, Berzerker. Those guys are pretty famous

Comment

• Say what you will about the Pat's passing D... Here's an interesting fact about the Eagles DBs:

Entering Week 12, more than half (53.1 percent) of the passing yards allowed by the Eagles had come after the catch. No team in the league misses more tackles after the catch.
                      And that was before they faced Brady...

Comment

• Originally posted by -Jrabbit View Post
                        Say what you will about the Pat's passing D... Here's an interesting fact about the Eagles DBs:

And that was before they faced Brady...

We all knew that Asante Samuel and DRC are ****ty tacklers. Honestly, neither of them can really cover. They're just opportunistic ball hawks. Asomugha is also mad out of practice with tackling since QB's didn't even throw his way in Oakland.

Comment

• Originally posted by Al B. Sure! View Post
                          Jerome Simpson. The guy who shoved him was Scott Fujita.

You're such a casual fan, Berzerker. Those guys are pretty famous
                          Jeez, he saw a video, maybe muted. Which means he wasn't watching the game. The fact that he didn't get names means nothing.

You're such a relentless b1tch, Al B.

Comment

• Originally posted by -Jrabbit View Post
                            Jeez, he saw a video, maybe muted. Which means he wasn't watching the game. The fact that he didn't get names means nothing.

You're such a relentless b1tch, Al B.
                            They wear their names on the back of their jerseys, you know

Comment

• For what it's worth, I like the call on the fake kick, even though it didn't work...it almost did.

Now lets see if later on they really wish they had those 3 points.

/me

Edit: I would be curious to know how many of those 494 posts were you responding to yourself.
                              "Clearly I'm missing the thread some of where the NFL actually is." - Ben Kenobi on his NFL knowledge

Comment

• I think I follow too much football, though.

Look at this thread. 1498 replies... "You have 494 posts in this thread". 1/3rd of this thread is my posts

Originally posted by Sparrowhawk View Post
                                For what it's worth, I like the call on the fake kick, even though it didn't work...it almost did.

Now lets see if later on they really wish they had those 3 points.

/me
                                Cleveland Browns game plan.

Comment

Working...
                                X