Apolyton Fantasy Football

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Al B. Sure! View Post
    How the ****? He has 9 touchdowns in 4 and a half games. I'll take 2 TD's a game from my QB in fantasy.
    Man you're easy to troll.
    Founder of The Glory of War, CHAMPIONS OF APOLYTON!!!
    1992-Perot , 1996-Perot , 2000-Bush , 2004-Bush :|, 2008-Obama :|, 2012-Obama , 2016-Clinton , 2020-Biden

Comment

• Originally posted by ColdWizard View Post
      Houston just can't catch a break. With the collapse of the Colts this is their best year for playoff glory. Yikes.
      Captain of Team Apolyton - ISDG 2012

When I was younger I thought curfews were silly, but now as the daughter of a young woman, I appreciate them. - Rah

Comment

• No one cares about the Texans. He's my starter and I need his points to make the playoffs.
        Pool Manager - Lombardi Handicappers League - An NFL Pick 'Em Pool

https://youtu.be/HLNhPMQnWu4

Comment

• Originally posted by -Jrabbit View Post
          I regard Tebow as I do all young running QBs -- boom or bust. His career may have a high upside, but that only matters in dynasty or keeper formats. For this year, (1) he won't be allowed to throw enough to have good passing stats and (2) his bonus rushing stats come with a significant injury risk.

The exception to the rule seems to be Cam Newton. That guy has put up some numbers.
          My worry with regards to Cam Newton is that defenses will play like the Titans did and give Cam the Mike Vick-treatment of deep safeties and a linebacker in perpetual QB spy. Newton's undoing will be that, for whatever reason, Deangelo Williams and Jonathon Stewart have turned into mediocre RB's and they won't be able to run all over that, as they should.

And speaking of which, who said players don't care about fantasy?

Johnson's touchdown was set up by Matt Hasselbeck, who scampered 21 yards on a quarterback bootleg before getting knocked out of bounds at the Carolina 1 without much of an effort from the veteran to score.

As Johnson entered the media room, Hasselbeck walked out and yelled, "Fantasy points!"

"Matt told me I was on his fantasy team, and that he stepped out at the 1 to help me get in the end zone," Johnson said with a laugh. "So everyone has to thank Matt and all the fantasy owners."
          "Flutie was better than Kelly, Elway, Esiason and Cunningham." - Ben Kenobi
          "I have nothing against Wilson, but he's nowhere near the same calibre of QB as Flutie. Flutie threw for 5k+ yards in the CFL." -Ben Kenobi

Comment

• Wow. That's pretty ridiculous actually.
            Captain of Team Apolyton - ISDG 2012

When I was younger I thought curfews were silly, but now as the daughter of a young woman, I appreciate them. - Rah

Comment

• In his defense, it was on a play with less than 6:30 to go in the 4th quater of a blowout win. Had the game been close, I'm pretty sure he would have fought for the TD.
              1992-Perot , 1996-Perot , 2000-Bush , 2004-Bush :|, 2008-Obama :|, 2012-Obama , 2016-Clinton , 2020-Biden

Comment

• Too bad by helping out CJ496 owners, he didn't show love to those poor souls who started Hasselbeck on a week with no byes.
                "I have nothing against Wilson, but he's nowhere near the same calibre of QB as Flutie. Flutie threw for 5k+ yards in the CFL." -Ben Kenobi

Comment

• Compared to the rest of the season, that was a month's worth of production from CJ.
                  Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
                  RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

• BTW, even after Jaguar's lackluster sub-130 game against me (first all season), the opponent scoring average vs. Vicious Rabbits is now *down* to 166.72 -- still 135 pts more than anyone else.

I'm back to 4th out of 12 in scoring, yet only 2-8. Truly epic.
                    RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

• RB J.Charles (KC) Out
                      WR K.Britt (Ten) Out
                      RB J.Best (Det) Out
                      RB S.Sproles (NO) Bye
                      TE J.Graham (NO) Bye
                      WR M.Wallace (Pit) Bye

That's 6 players that would have been locks for starting that I'm without this week. Bleh!

Comment

• My Salary Cap team was decimated by Bye week this week.
                        Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
                        "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
                        He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

• Originally posted by Donegeal View Post
                          RB J.Charles (KC) Out
                          WR K.Britt (Ten) Out
                          RB J.Best (Det) Out
                          RB S.Sproles (NO) Bye
                          TE J.Graham (NO) Bye
                          WR M.Wallace (Pit) Bye

That's 6 players that would have been locks for starting that I'm without this week. Bleh!
                          When you consider that Charles and Britt have been out since week 2 and unlikely to be on your roster, it's not all that bad.

Comment

• Not bad that 4 of my top 5 picks are not playing this week (and only one of them is because of a bye)?

Comment

• Nah it's been worse to be a CJ490 owner than a Jamaal Charles owner. Worse to be a Reggie Wayne owner than a Kenny Britt owner. When you lose a guy for the year early, you cut him and start someone else. It's the 3 point, 1 point, 5 points, etc. games from your sucky top draft pick who you keep starting over the Ben Tates and Antonio Browns that kills you.

Comment

• And just to put in perspective a fantasy team in more dire straights... in my 10-team league... should I start Kendall Hunter or LaGarrette Blount this week? Blount has the Packers and he is barely on the field when Tampa is down. Hunter, meanwhile, is expected to get more carries as the 8-1 49ers try to keep Gore fresh. I also have Chris Ogbonnaya.

Comment

Working...
                                X