No announcement yet.

Apolyton Fantasy Football

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Funnily enough, the guy I play against this week is a big Seahawks fan.
    "Flutie was better than Kelly, Elway, Esiason and Cunningham." - Ben Kenobi
    "I have nothing against Wilson, but he's nowhere near the same calibre of QB as Flutie. Flutie threw for 5k+ yards in the CFL." -Ben Kenobi

Comment

• Romo and Austin weren't drafted. Someone, I think Austin, didn't go to college.
      Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
      "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
      He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

• Originally posted by SlowwHand View Post
        Romo and Austin weren't drafted. Someone, I think Austin, didn't go to college.

Sloww, are you getting senile? What the hell is the relevance of this? I'm saying the entire Seahawks CB stable are rookies (and late-rounders and undrafted, at that! Some like Parker were just picked up a few days ago!) so, this defense that already ranks 18th against the pass is going to be worse just off of the inexperience. Romo has a dream matchup. That's my point! It's not about who's good that was undrafted! Where do you even get that from?

And of course Austin went to freaking college. He went to Monmouth.
        "I have nothing against Wilson, but he's nowhere near the same calibre of QB as Flutie. Flutie threw for 5k+ yards in the CFL." -Ben Kenobi

Comment

• The draft positions that you brought up. Do you have to constantly be provoking an argument? Evidently.

And there's no "of course" to it. A starter didn't. When they show the starters, he says "Blah Blah High School".
          Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
          "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
          He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

• Originally posted by SlowwHand View Post
            The draft positions that you brought up. Do you have to constantly be provoking an argument? Evidently.

And there's no "of course" to it. A starter didn't. When they show the starters, he says "Blah Blah High School".
            You are the one apparently trying to provoke an argument because I have no idea why you brought up that Romo and Austin were undrafted.

Sloww, 99% of the time when a guy says that, it's because his high school means more to him (or is more famous, somehow) than the college he attended, or maybe he's just giving his high school a shout-out. Everytime a guy says a high school or a junior college, I've looked it up and the dude played at a 4-year school.

Ike Taylor usually says, "Ike Taylor, Swaggin'". The players can say whatever they want in those little blips and many (like Jared Allen) take advantage of it.

Just ran through the Cowboys offense:

RB: Jones (Arkansas), Murray (Oklahoma), Tanner (Middle Tennessee St)
            FB: Fiammetta (Syracuse)
            WR: Austin (Monmouth), Bryant (Oklahoma St), Ogletree (Virginia), Robinson (Illinois State), Holley (North Carolina)
            TE: Witten (Tennessee), Bennett (Texas A&M), Philips (Virginia)
            O-line starters: Free (Northern Illinois), Holland (Florida State), Costa (Maryland), Kosier (Arizona St), Smith (USC)

I'd be shocked if there's anyone on an NFL roster without college experience, even if it's in college basketball or collegiate track. Even Vince Papale went to St. Joe's.

If you think about it, how the hell would someone not only get experienced enough but also have enough of a reputation to be signed by an NFL team without some sort of collegiate experience? I guess it could happen if a guy came out of high school and went to the CFL or the Arena League or something, but that's got to be incredibly rare. Anyone with talent would go to a college.

Comment

• I am, of course, excluding foreign kickers/punters like Sav Rocca and a Garo Yepremian.
              Last edited by Al B. Sure!; November 2, 2011, 01:21.

Comment

• Doing some research, I'm getting Eric Swann, who only attended Wake Technical Community College. The 2x Pro Bowler was a 6th overall pick in 1991 and did not attend a 4-year institution. I don't know how he was a 6th overall pick playing at a community college.

Anyone remember him?

Another guy, Ray Seals, a DE famous for batting down Brett Favre's first career completion (to himself), also didn't attend college, which apparently is his other claim to fame, since it's so rare.

So, yeah, college is virtually a must. Those guys saying high schools in their bits actually went to college.

Comment

• So somebody is offering my Andy Dalton, Alex Smith, and BenJarvus Green-Ellis for MJD, Miles Austin, and Brandon Marshall... Not sure if serious...

Comment

• Must be a joke. Or they think you're an idiot.
                    Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
                    RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

• Originally posted by -Jrabbit View Post
                      Must be a joke. Or they think you're an idiot.
                      I would've thought that but I don't have any such rapport with this guy. He's the son of one of the regulars, who I beat last year in the championship. Only thing I can think of is because his dad was making fun of me with Tebow, he told his son that I needed QB's badly. Still strange because I've never met the son and have had no interaction with him. Go figure.

Comment

• Anyone in D/ST league interested in a trade for Jackie Battle? Just for Sloww, I can do a "Houston Special", packaging the former Houston Cougar and Houston-native Jackie Battle with former Longhorn and Houston-native Chris Ogbonnaya. That's twice the Texas for you, Sloww.

Comment

• Julio Jones WTF?

Comment

• ****ing Miles Austin

Comment

• I should've started Carson Palmer over Romo

Comment

• Yup. I would've been better off with Tebow over Romo, as well. Even when he has a good game, Romo is trash.

Comment

Working...
                                X