No announcement yet.

Apolyton Fantasy Football

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just another normal week for Vicious Rabbits. Zopper sitting at 171 pts with Antonio Gates poised to gash me further tonight.
    Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
    RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

• I'm mad. I'm probably going to win this week in D/ST league as long as Jackie Battle and San Diego kicker do something productive but I've lost 3 straight in my league for money I can't believe that the four-some of Austin, Colston Grahams (my nickname for this combo), and Marshall combined for 15 points, half of what my opponent got out of Steven Jackson.
      "Flutie was better than Kelly, Elway, Esiason and Cunningham." - Ben Kenobi
      "I have nothing against Wilson, but he's nowhere near the same calibre of QB as Flutie. Flutie threw for 5k+ yards in the CFL." -Ben Kenobi

Comment

• Stuff happens. No sympathy here.
        Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
        RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

• I'm not asking for any. I'm just venting.
          "I have nothing against Wilson, but he's nowhere near the same calibre of QB as Flutie. Flutie threw for 5k+ yards in the CFL." -Ben Kenobi

Comment

• Originally posted by Berzerker View Post
            only Witten is keeping Davis on my bench, both are 5 stars this week and I wish I could start em both

flex should be wr/rb/te
            Fred Davis was seen in a walking boot on his left foot today

Comment

• Hey Snoopy:

Originally posted by snoopy369 View Post
              I'm Thinking RBs

QB: Roeth will do well this year, and is one of the more underrated QBs in the league. A good pick at 4.1. However, he's also fairly injury prone given his playing style and weaker O-line than in past years, so waiting for QB2 until the 13th round was a mistake in a 14 team league. Even without the QB All-stars taking four, he'd have been hard up for a playable QB at that point.
              RB: Did the best he could in the 14th slot, which is to get two fairly solid backs. DMF has a lot of upside if he doesn't get hurt, and MJD is very reliable. He'd better hope they don't get hurt though, as Spiller being the only other RB will be an issue; he's not startable in this league, given the lack of return yard points.
              WR: Quantity over quality, though he does have good quality at most of the WR spots. Maclin was a reach at 3.14, but likely was a targetted player, and sometimes you have to reach a bit when you're on the edge. Among the other WRs, he'll likely find someone effective for WR2 and WR3; Santonio Holmes and Mike Thomas are my bets, but he's got plenty of options. I see a WR for RB trade coming, though you notice that's a bit of a trend here; he might not have the top quality needed unless one or two of the WRs really take off.
              TE: Cook is probably not quite there yet this year; I'll take him in my dynasty league if I can, but in a non-keeper league I think he's a year or two out. Hasselbeck doesn't always use his TEs effectively, either...
              D/ST: Waiting on D/ST in this league was a mistake, but ARI is making the best of it. They aren't the ARI of a few years ago though, and will give up a lot of points when playing outside their weak division. This isn't an ESPN standard league with low D/ST scoring, and he'll lose ground because of it.

Overall, I see this team again bringing up the rear, unless a couple of his WRs really break out, and someone like DMF really hits it big (CJ 2009 style). I don't see that as likely,and am projecting a finish appropriately.

Snoopy prediction: 4-9, bringing up the rear.
              Barring Jackie Battle doing something stupid like running backwards and fumbling twice in the next 15 minutes, it looks like I got my 5th win, buddy

So much for that prediction of 4-9 You had me finishing dead last, too
              Last edited by Al B. Sure!; October 31, 2011, 23:01.

Comment

• nm, wrong thread
                "Clearly I'm missing the thread some of where the NFL actually is." - Ben Kenobi on his NFL knowledge

Comment

• I have to say, this projection by Yahoo for jonny's team this weak was damn spot on:

Projected/Actual
                  100.59 100.80

Very impressive, but it way underestimated Stafford and overestimated CJ302

It got Reggie Wayne's 8.63 on the dot. No lie. Amazing.

Comment

• Yeah, it was quite impressive, I thought -- usually they can be all over the place.

Sadly, it underestimated yours; apparently their computers still aren't respecting the greatness of Cam, or San Diego's uncanny ability to stall beyond the 40.

Comment

• Yeah, unfortunately, I play Jaguar this week without Cam. Last year, I was heavily invested in 49ers and he faced me on San Fran's bye. Looks like he's got similar bye week success this year.

I'll be starting Palmer

Comment

• omg, can they find another way to lose this?

/me
                        "Clearly I'm missing the thread some of where the NFL actually is." - Ben Kenobi on his NFL knowledge

Comment

• Looks like Philip Rivers is Tony Romo for Halloween.

Comment

• At this rate, it probably deserves to end in a tie...

Comment

• @ "worst day ever"....that should make Youtube and a few highlight reels on sports shows.

/me

Comment

• Originally posted by Al B. Sure! View Post
                                Hey Snoopy:
                                Barring Jackie Battle doing something stupid like running backwards and fumbling twice in the next 15 minutes, it looks like I got my 5th win, buddy
                                So much for that prediction of 4-9 You had me finishing dead last, too
                                Well, you're 3rd from the bottom in scoring, so I'd say his prediction was more unlucky than bad...
                                "In the beginning was the Word. Then came the ******* word processor." -Dan Simmons, Hyperion

Comment

Working...
                                X