No announcement yet.

Apolyton Fantasy Football

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Not starting Jimmy Graham is unfathomable. Remember how Antonio Gates was on pace for the greatest season by a TE ever last year? Jimmy Graham is on an even better pace in everything but touchdowns. Graham has 45 catches for 675 yards and 5 scores in only 7 games! He's on pace for a 100-catch, 1500 yard season. Of course he'll slow down, even if he remains healthy, but you're getting fantasy WR1 production out of the TE position! Granted, it seems like Donegeal's league doesn't differentiate between WR's and TE's but he's arguable the best WR in fantasy this year.
    "Flutie was better than Kelly, Elway, Esiason and Cunningham." - Ben Kenobi
    "I have nothing against Wilson, but he's nowhere near the same calibre of QB as Flutie. Flutie threw for 5k+ yards in the CFL." -Ben Kenobi

Comment

• Gates was better in real-life terms last year than Graham has been this year. Graham is merely on pace for the best fantasy TE season ever.

Graham has already been thrown more passes this year than Gates was in his abbreviated season. Gates was way more efficient. Unbelievably more efficient.
      "You're the biggest user of hindsight that I've ever known. Your favorite team, in any sport, is the one that just won. If you were a woman, you'd likely be a slut." - Slowwhand, to Imran

Eschewing silly games since December 4, 2005

Comment

• Graham is getting more catches and more yardage, while averaging 15 yards per reception, similar to Gates last year. He isn't scoring as many touchdowns. Maybe less scores and a few more drops makes him less 'efficient' but Graham is having a better season by the raw numbers.

Is Gates better? Yes and I think Rivers' sucking it up has something to do with Gates not being there but Graham has put up better numbers through 7 weeks than Gates did last year.
        "I have nothing against Wilson, but he's nowhere near the same calibre of QB as Flutie. Flutie threw for 5k+ yards in the CFL." -Ben Kenobi

Comment

• Rivers' numbers throwing to Gates last year - 50/65 (77%) for 782 yards (12.03 yards per attempt), 10 TD, 0 INT (155.90 QB Rating) were beyond absurd. They were beyond Jerry Rice or a motivated Randy Moss or even Peyton Manning's historical stats vs the Houston Texans.

Brees to Graham is 45/66 (68%) for 674 yards (10.21 yards per attempt) with "only" five touchdowns. Brilliant, still, but not even in the same league.
          "You're the biggest user of hindsight that I've ever known. Your favorite team, in any sport, is the one that just won. If you were a woman, you'd likely be a slut." - Slowwhand, to Imran

Eschewing silly games since December 4, 2005

Comment

• nm
            Last edited by Al B. Sure!; October 30, 2011, 13:02.

Comment

• Originally posted by Al B. Sure! View Post
              nm
              Obviously you didn't get an answer soon enough, but who did you go with....Fred Davis or Bernard Scott? Not a lot of chatter on here lately, it's up to you to keep the site filled with useless stats and inane comparisons (and I mean that in the nicest way possible....you provide stats that I would never think to look up, and wouldn't know where to find it I wanted to, and some Football theory that would never occur to me). With Ben gone, the football chatter just hasn't been the same

/me
              "Clearly I'm missing the thread some of where the NFL actually is." - Ben Kenobi on his NFL knowledge

Comment

• I went with Fred Davis. Bernard Scott is facing off against a Seahawks defense that pretty much the only thing they do right is stop the run (holding opposing RB's to an average of 3.1 yards per carry). The Seahawks are also hurting at corner so Andy Dalton will be able to pass on them. Best case scenario, I figured, would be the Bengals get up early with some good passes and then pound the ball with Scott. The problem with that is Scott is on the small side (5'10" 198lbs), has never shown an ability as a pounding runner, and, as I said, the Seahawks can stop the run, especially if you put the game in a situation where they know you're running.

Fred Davis is an elite deep threat at TE (averaging 15.1 yards per reception) and going against a Buffalo defense that we last saw gashed by Jake Ballard on some surprising deep throws. I worry about the injury to Santana Moss making Beck's secondary receiving options face more attention but what are the Bills really going to do to stop Fred Davis, even if they know he's going to get double-digit targets?

It's weird to start a TE over someone you figure is a low-end RB2 given Scott will get 15+ carries but I went with Davis.

Comment

• only Witten is keeping Davis on my bench, both are 5 stars this week and I wish I could start em both

flex should be wr/rb/te

Comment

• Originally posted by Berzerker View Post
                    only Witten is keeping Davis on my bench, both are 5 stars this week and I wish I could start em both

flex should be wr/rb/te
                    We had that discussion last year mid-draft.

Comment

• I can't believe that in my league for money, my opponent has Lance Moore to my Marquis Colston and Jimmy Graham in a week where Drew Brees has man-love for Lance Moore or something and forgets Jimmy Graham is on his team. What the ****? Fantasy football can be so inexplicably frustrating.

Comment

• ****. on 1st and goal from the 8, he throws to Graham. Incomplete. 2nd and goal he throws to Colston. Incomplete. 3rd and goal to Lance Moore. Complete. Touchdown.

Comment

• sorry

I was hoping for a swing pass to Sproles

Comment

• The saddest thing is this guy only started Lance Moore because he didn't put on a high enough bid for Bernard Scott (he put in Lance Moore minutes before kickoff when he must have seen he didn't get Scott). I was willing to pay more money for a guy I would have on my bench, just to deprive him of a second Rb to go along with his Steven Jackson () (he has Turner and McFadden on bye this week)... but unless Scott goes off, I actually paid to lose this week!

Comment

• Badgers lost.
                              Bears didn't win.
                              And my fatasy team needs another huge... and I mean HUGE game from Murray.
                              Founder of The Glory of War, CHAMPIONS OF APOLYTON!!!
                              1992-Perot , 1996-Perot , 2000-Bush , 2004-Bush :|, 2008-Obama :|, 2012-Obama , 2016-Clinton , 2020-Biden

Comment

• The impossible dream appears to be at an end.
                                "My nation is the world, and my religion is to do good." --Thomas Paine
                                "The subject of onanism is inexhaustable." --Sigmund Freud

Comment

Working...
                                X