No announcement yet.

Apolyton Fantasy Football

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• If I had started Romo, complete with cracked rib, quick-snapping center and Bears-like receivers, I'd be right in that game.
    If I had started Cutler over Romo last week, I would have won that one.

Vicious Rabbits need to fire their coach.
    Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
    RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

• That can be arranged.
      "

Comment

• Originally posted by OzzyKP View Post
        72 points from Aaron Rodgers so far! Wow!
        In D/ST he is up against Mark Sanchez, who has THREE turnover-TDs already, and is at a score of NEGATIVE FOURTEEN.

Obviously this is probably the most extreme fantasy mismatch at the QB position that ever has happened in any of the Apolyton leagues.
        "You're the biggest user of hindsight that I've ever known. Your favorite team, in any sport, is the one that just won. If you were a woman, you'd likely be a slut." - Slowwhand, to Imran

Eschewing silly games since December 4, 2005

Comment

• Finished with -15, hahaha. Was it Ben or Alby who is in love with Sanchez?

Aaron Rodgers owns your face.
          Captain of Team Apolyton - ISDG 2012

When I was younger I thought curfews were silly, but now as the daughter of a young woman, I appreciate them. - Rah

Comment

• Alby is Sanchize-boy.
            Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
            RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

• Hey Big Ben did just as bad against the Ravens. The Ravens are killing QB's.
              "Flutie was better than Kelly, Elway, Esiason and Cunningham." - Ben Kenobi
              "I have nothing against Wilson, but he's nowhere near the same calibre of QB as Flutie. Flutie threw for 5k+ yards in the CFL." -Ben Kenobi

Comment

• Originally posted by Ben Kenobi View Post
                I'm 0-4.
                I'm 2-2 in D/ST league. Suck it.
                "I have nothing against Wilson, but he's nowhere near the same calibre of QB as Flutie. Flutie threw for 5k+ yards in the CFL." -Ben Kenobi

Comment

• A rare trade in D/ST league!

Ben Roethlisberger and Maurice Jones-Drew for Cam Newton and James Starks.

So lopsided on paper but I'm glad to be rid of the One-Legged Captain Turnover and his revolving door offensive line.

Comment

• I still can't believe Vick went for Tim Hightower. Why couldn't I be in a league like that? Craziest fantasy football trade I've ever seen.

Comment

• Looks to me like you are in a league like that....it's just you making the crazy trades. I think Ben/MJD > Newton/Starks by much more than Vick > Hightower...and I think even Guynemer might agree that Vick > Hightower, he just wasn't worth that much to Guynemer to leave a top line quarterback sitting on the bench. I wonder if you were in Guyewmer's league and you were willing to give up MJD / Ben for Newton / Starks what you would have been willing to give up for Vick?

/me
                      "Clearly I'm missing the thread some of where the NFL actually is." - Ben Kenobi on his NFL knowledge

Comment

• Originally posted by Sparrowhawk View Post
                        Looks to me like you are in a league like that....it's just you making the crazy trades. I think Ben/MJD > Newton/Starks by much more than Vick > Hightower...and I think even Guynemer might agree that Vick > Hightower, he just wasn't worth that much to Guynemer to leave a top line quarterback sitting on the bench. I wonder if you were in Guyewmer's league and you were willing to give up MJD / Ben for Newton / Starks what you would have been willing to give up for Vick?

/me
                        Dude, Ben Roethlisberger has been terrible. Post-Super Bowl hangover. 5 interceptions, 4 fumbles, 14 sacks. Plus he has a sprained ankle. F that noise. I don't even have a backup QB to start if he doesn't play this week and it looks like he may be out.

Giving up MJD was heart-breaking since he's my overlap between this league and another but Starks is good enough. I'm confident in my waiver wire acquisition skills.

Comment

• Just so you know, McNabb, Tarvaris Jackson, and Andy Dalton have more fantasy points through 4 games than Roethlisberger. He's currently #27 among QB's in D/ST league but as long as Josh Freeman gets at least 4 points tonight, Big Ben will be #28 soon enough.

It's a ****ing miracle that I'm 2-2 with his garbage performances. He's like Favre last year.

Comment

• So basically it was MJD for Newton/Starks, and you threw in Ben because you were going to have to drop him to free up the roster spot anyway? Can I ask who proposed the trade to who? (I wonder if MJD has had anything to do with the reason you are 2-2?)

/me
                            "Clearly I'm missing the thread some of where the NFL actually is." - Ben Kenobi on his NFL knowledge

Comment

• Originally posted by Sparrowhawk View Post
                              So basically it was MJD for Newton/Starks, and you threw in Ben because you were going to have to drop him to free up the roster spot anyway? Can I ask who proposed the trade to who? (I wonder if MJD has had anything to do with the reason you are 2-2?)

/me
                              Flash proposed Newton for Big Ben and Maclin but I didn't see it til minutes before kickoff and didn't have time to think about it. He re-offered it as Newton/Starks for Ben/MJD, since Cam put up another big day, Big Ben put up another atrocious stinker, and Maclin fumbled the game away for the Eagles, so he had more leverage.

As for MJD winning me games, a combo of Newton/Starks would have been better than Ben/MJD through the first quarter of the season:

Cam Newton + Starks
                              50.60 + 11.93 = 62.53
                              38.73 + 14.08 = 52.81
                              23.38 + -3.75 = 27.13
                              50.58 + 12.33 = 62.91

Big Ben + MJD
                              2.38 + 15.73 = 18.11
                              33.40 + 12.18 = 45.58
                              24.03 + 19.08 = 43.11
                              9.08 + 9.98 = 19.06

Only week 3 would I have been better off with Big Ben/MJD. Weeks 1 and 4 would have been waaaaay better off with Cam/Starks

Now that is all retroactive but Big Ben doesn't look like he'll turn things around since that offensive line still sucks and now he's injured. I'll take my chances that Cam keeps it up.

Plus I do like having Starks back on my team. I picked him up during the season last year since I saw his potential. And no, MRT, I'm not trying to get Blount from you.

Comment

• Three touchdowns so far in tonights game, all three by the two players I have on my team, but both of them are on the bench (Good thing I have already wrapped up the week).

So far I have guessed entirely wrong with my Quarterbacks, have to make more intelligent choices in teh weeks to come.

/me

Comment

Working...
                                X