No announcement yet.

Apolyton Fantasy Football

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Will AP contribute 33 times as much as cedric benson?
    "I hope I get to punch you in the face one day" - MRT144, Imran Siddiqui
    'I'm fairly certain that a ban on me punching you in the face is not a "right" worth respecting." - loinburger

Comment

• Originally posted by MRT144 View Post
      Will AP contribute 33 times as much as cedric benson?

That's the craziness about auction drafts. You've done them before right? You go in there and no one knows how to price anything plus how much money people have left plays a huge role. Aaron Rodgers went for $51 as the first QB off the board (funnily enough, to the same guy who got Benson for 3 bucks)... Vick went for 79, Brady for 93, Brees for 80 subsequently... so the price skyrocketed and Rodgers was a crazy bargain by being the first QB nominated. Then prices cooled and Peyton went for 46 and Schaub for 24 as people started getting low on cash.

Auctions are an interesting beast. I had no intention of getting MJD but when he was getting priced less than what I had paid for Turner early, I had to grab him, even though I had already drafted Moreno and Best as my other RB's.
      "Flutie was better than Kelly, Elway, Esiason and Cunningham." - Ben Kenobi
      "I have nothing against Wilson, but he's nowhere near the same calibre of QB as Flutie. Flutie threw for 5k+ yards in the CFL." -Ben Kenobi

Comment

• Originally posted by snoopy369 View Post
        Hmm, not a great team I don't think. DeSean is not really a #1 WR, and 6pt/.05py is 'high' QB scoring, so I'd want someone better than Bradford (who may be good, but his team is not, and won't be better than around 9th or so). Pretty deep, though.

Benson in the 8th though? That's an incredible steal, regardless of what you think of Benson. 103 picks means something like 15 QBs, 40 RBs, 40 WRs, and some TEs have gone... how the starting RB for a team with a rookie QB and rookie WRs isn't above 40th RB off the board is beyond me, prison or no prison.
        The thing that really sucks is any better WRs are keepers and all better QBs are keepers. 14 team league keepers!
        'I'm fairly certain that a ban on me punching you in the face is not a "right" worth respecting." - loinburger

Comment

• That's the league I told you to ditch Steven Jackson in, right? Good man.
          "I have nothing against Wilson, but he's nowhere near the same calibre of QB as Flutie. Flutie threw for 5k+ yards in the CFL." -Ben Kenobi

Comment

• Originally posted by Al B. Sure! View Post
            That's the craziness about auction drafts. You've done them before right? You go in there and no one knows how to price anything plus how much money people have left plays a huge role. Aaron Rodgers went for $51 as the first QB off the board (funnily enough, to the same guy who got Benson for 3 bucks)... Vick went for 79, Brady for 93, Brees for 80 subsequently... so the price skyrocketed and Rodgers was a crazy bargain by being the first QB nominated. Then prices cooled and Peyton went for 46 and Schaub for 24 as people started getting low on cash.

Auctions are an interesting beast.
            I've done them before, I just can't believe them sometimes. In our own auction, Schaub for 8 bucks. In that league I have Eli and Stafford for the price of Brees

Comment

That's the league I told you to ditch Steven Jackson in, right? Good man.
              Yeah. I just was thinking of the schedule that the NFC East has and I wanted to give it a shot. Also I drafted 10th out of 14 so it's highly likely that I would not have gotten any good WRs anyway.

Comment

• It's less about the player and more about WHEN he's nominated... what are people's cash like? Do the players with the most cash already have players in that position? How many other players from that position are there available (the first player at a position may go extremely cheap because there's no scarcity; then after a flurry of expensive players, lack of cash overtakes scarcity and drives down the prices)? It's crazy.

I ****ed up spending $7 on Mario Manningham at the very end because I wanted him. I should have let him slide and spent 4 bucks on Cedric Benson even though I don't like him as a player.

I think I played the prices really well except for that goof.

Comment

• The worst miscue I made was 20 bucks for Best. I was trying to mess with the other bidder and got hosed.

Comment

• Originally posted by MRT144 View Post
                    The worst miscue I made was 20 bucks for Best. I was trying to mess with the other bidder and got hosed.
                    I spent $23 for Best in my league. What was your salary cap?

Best should be alright. From a skills standpoint, he has elite potential.

Comment

I spent $23 for Best in my league. What was your salary cap?

Best should be alright. From a skills standpoint, he has elite potential.
                      $200. If you looked at the auction thread, you'd see I've been trying to make moves with Best for some other people but they all want Austin or Megatron. Them's my meat and potatoes man.

Comment

Hmm, not a great team I don't think. DeSean is not really a #1 WR, and 6pt/.05py is 'high' QB scoring, so I'd want someone better than Bradford (who may be good, but his team is not, and won't be better than around 9th or so). Pretty deep, though.

Benson in the 8th though? That's an incredible steal, regardless of what you think of Benson. 103 picks means something like 15 QBs, 40 RBs, 40 WRs, and some TEs have gone... how the starting RB for a team with a rookie QB and rookie WRs isn't above 40th RB off the board is beyond me, prison or no prison.
                        The more I thought about it, the more I realized that Bradford could put up just short of Matt Ryan numbers. I think he's good for 5 more TDs this year and maybe a similar amount of INTs maybe a little bit less. He has a few harder games early on but the back side is butta.

Comment

• Mario Manningham + Cedric Benson (Or Blount) for Miles Austin + Ryan Grant

Comment

• Question is, do you believe in Ryan Grant? If you do, then go for it, if you don't ... I suspect that's too risky for my blood if i'm getting Grant.
                            <Reverend> IRC is just multiplayer notepad.
                            I like your SNOOPY POSTER! - While you Wait quote.

Comment

Question is, do you believe in Ryan Grant? If you do, then go for it, if you don't ... I suspect that's too risky for my blood if i'm getting Grant.
                              I really just need to unload manningham because i'm keeping bradshaw (I hate same team overlap) and this seems to help the other guy out too. The biggest problem is that in this league so many of the top players are keepers in either QB/RB or QB/WR and I highly doubt people want to part with them. Luckily Austin is not a keeper so I think I might have more leeway.

Oh I forgot to mention; this is a 3 WR league, no flex.
                              Last edited by MRT144; September 3, 2011, 02:44.

Comment

• What is a keeper defined as? Top 24 player? Or you mean that guy has 2 better players?

Either way I don't see that as a good trade ... team overlap or not, manningham is only a bit worse than austin, and benson is a top 20 back on a team that's lacking in top 20 backs. Non-PPR, I don't like that trade... PPR is a different story.
                                <Reverend> IRC is just multiplayer notepad.
                                I like your SNOOPY POSTER! - While you Wait quote.

Comment

Working...
                                X