No announcement yet.

Apolyton Fantasy Football

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fantasy football has a lot of guys who aren't very good but still get a lot of points year in year out due to quantity... was a good example back in the Shanahan days. Eli Manning. Beanie Wells this year probably. Plenty of guys who really don't deserve a starting job, but since they have one, they're worth a lot of points; and Benson will get a lot of chances, given he has a rookie QB (so a cautious offense).
    <Reverend> IRC is just multiplayer notepad.
    I like your SNOOPY POSTER! - While you Wait quote.

Comment

• Okay just got done the auction for money. Same league I won $1000 in last year. 10-team league, non-PPR, you can start no more than 2 RB's but can start 4 WR's instead of 2 RB's (like a spread offense). We tried an expanded roster this year and I think no one was used to it because with ~75 picks left, everybody had a buck left so it turned into a regular draft

QB: Peyton Manning, Josh Freeman
      RB: Maurice Jones-Drew, Michael Turner, Knowshon Moreno, Jahvid Best, Brandon Jacobs, Delone Carter
      WR: Miles Austin, Mike Williams (TB), Marques Colston, Percy Harvin, Brandon Marshall, Mario Manningham, Lee Evans, Nate Burleson
      TE: Aaron Hernandez, Jimmy Graham
      D/ST: Lions
      K: Robbie Gould

The runner-up from last year who I beat last year has:

QB: Matt Schaub, Joe Flacco
      RB: Adrian Peterson, Ryan Matthews, Fred Jackson, Pierre Thomas, Mark Ingram, Mike Tolbert, CJ Spiller
      WR: Calvin Johnson, Sidney Rice, Jordy Nelson, Robert Meachem, James Jones, Steve Breaston, Kevin Walter
      TE: Antonio Gates, Vernon Davis (you can start two TE's in this league at the expense of a WR)
      D/ST: Raiders
      K: Mason Crosboy

and the only other guy who was final four last year still with us:

QB: Mike Vick, Matt Stafford
      RB: Arian Foster, Ahmad Bradshaw, Felix Jones, Marshawn Lynch, Daniel Thomas, Ronnie Brown, Darren Sproles
      WR: Greg Jennings, Kenny Britt, Steve Smith (CAR), Mike Thomas, Jacoby Ford, Emmanuel Sanders
      TE: Jermichael Finley, Rob Gronkowski, Kevin Boss
      D/ST: Jets
      K: Alex Henery

I'm weak at TE but I think I came out pretty well. Make some moves to shore up the deficiencies like I did last year and I think I got a good chance at winning it again.
      Last edited by Al B. Sure!; September 2, 2011, 00:25.
      "Flutie was better than Kelly, Elway, Esiason and Cunningham." - Ben Kenobi
      "I have nothing against Wilson, but he's nowhere near the same calibre of QB as Flutie. Flutie threw for 5k+ yards in the CFL." -Ben Kenobi

Comment

• You have a good team, but even with just the other two listed, it won't be a walk.
        Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
        "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
        He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

• Never a walk. I'm going to be active on that waiver wire and seeking a trade. I don't like Michael Turner but I couldn't resist him for the price I got him at (MJD + Turner cost less than what AP did!) so I'll try to move him. Also need to consolidate my WR's. I don't have a real WR1.
          "I have nothing against Wilson, but he's nowhere near the same calibre of QB as Flutie. Flutie threw for 5k+ yards in the CFL." -Ben Kenobi

Comment

• Lions seem like a pretty weak D/ST, but I assume that will be Matchup City for you. Otherwise (assuming Peyton's fine), very nice. Good depth at skill positions, and your TEs shouldn't hurt you too much.
            Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
            RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

• WR looks particularly strong.
              "My nation is the world, and my religion is to do good." --Thomas Paine
              "The subject of onanism is inexhaustable." --Sigmund Freud

Comment

• I think I like the third team there, assuming Vick is at least close to 2010 Vick... but all three are pretty strong.

Comment

• 1. (10) Ahmad Bradshaw (NYG - RB)
                  2. (19) DeSean Jackson (Phi - WR)
                  3. (38) LeGarrette Blount (TB - RB)
                  4. (47) Mario Manningham (NYG - WR)
                  5. (66) Santana Moss (Was - WR)
                  6. (75) Mike Thomas (Jac - WR)
                  7. (94) Sam Bradford (StL - QB)
                  8. (103) Cedric Benson (Cin - RB)
                  9. (122) Marshawn Lynch (Sea - RB)
                  10. (131) Brandon Pettigrew (Det - TE)
                  11. (150) Donovan McNabb (Min - QB)
                  12. (159) Deion Branch (NE - WR)
                  13. (178) Andre Roberts (Ari - WR)
                  14. (187) Atlanta (Atl - DEF)
                  15. (206) David Akers (SF - K)

6pt tds, 1 point 20 yards passing, no ppr. 14 teams
                  Last edited by MRT144; September 2, 2011, 17:23.
                  "I hope I get to punch you in the face one day" - MRT144, Imran Siddiqui
                  'I'm fairly certain that a ban on me punching you in the face is not a "right" worth respecting." - loinburger

Comment

• Hmm, not a great team I don't think. DeSean is not really a #1 WR, and 6pt/.05py is 'high' QB scoring, so I'd want someone better than Bradford (who may be good, but his team is not, and won't be better than around 9th or so). Pretty deep, though.

Benson in the 8th though? That's an incredible steal, regardless of what you think of Benson. 103 picks means something like 15 QBs, 40 RBs, 40 WRs, and some TEs have gone... how the starting RB for a team with a rookie QB and rookie WRs isn't above 40th RB off the board is beyond me, prison or no prison.
                    Last edited by snoopy369; September 2, 2011, 18:16.

Comment

• That's whats great about Benson. He is always undervalued. So you can usually pick up up in a later round for a steal and get some awesome value out of him. He has done great for me in past years.
                      Captain of Team Apolyton - ISDG 2012

When I was younger I thought curfews were silly, but now as the daughter of a young woman, I appreciate them. - Rah

Comment

• Pettigrew was a good value pick at TE.
                        "My nation is the world, and my religion is to do good." --Thomas Paine
                        "The subject of onanism is inexhaustable." --Sigmund Freud

Comment

• this was a keeper league so almsot all the good ones were taken.
                          "I hope I get to punch you in the face one day" - MRT144, Imran Siddiqui
                          'I'm fairly certain that a ban on me punching you in the face is not a "right" worth respecting." - loinburger

Comment

• As Bradford goes, so goes your team. I would have wanted a better QB2.

A lot of depth, no real studs means you should be pretty steady, but your upside is limited.
                            Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
                            RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

• Cedric Benson went for $3 in my auction league. I paid 54 for Michael Tuner and 52 for MJD and those were steals relative to AP who went for 113.

Yes, I would have bid $4 for Benson but I was out of money at that point.

It is amazing how much Benson's value has plummeted but the guy is trash. Still, as a late-rounder or a $3 bid in a $300 league, holy ****.

I appreciate the market coming down to my view of Benson, but that's still crazy cheap.
                              Last edited by Al B. Sure!; September 2, 2011, 19:24.

Comment

• Here's a price comparison:

Adrian Peterson, Min RB $113
                                Chris Johnson, Ten RB $107
                                LeSean McCoy, Phi RB $65
                                Maurice Jones-Drew, Jac RB $52
                                Rashard Mendenhall, Pit RB $49
                                Cedric Benson, Cin RB $3

**** CEDRIC BENSON

Comment

Working...
                                X