Apolyton Fantasy Football

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• You're real funny.
    Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
    "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
    He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

• You're the one that drafted Roy Williams.
      Pool Manager - Lombardi Handicappers League - An NFL Pick 'Em Pool

https://youtu.be/HLNhPMQnWu4

Comment

• Hey, Roy Williams is probably the #1 sleeper according to certain statistically-based fantasy rankings. Sloww has found a gem
        <Reverend> IRC is just multiplayer notepad.
        I like your SNOOPY POSTER! - While you Wait quote.

Comment

• Gem now that he's with the Bears.

Comment

• Exactly. Jay Cutler will find him for 50 yard touchdowns several times per game.

Comment

• Which is what makes it so very funny

Comment

• What's funny about Jay Cutler throwing multiple touchdown passes? I'm sure there will be at least four or five plays per game he's not flat on his back.

Comment

• And despite Cutler's horizontality, Williams has so much upside that Sloww has to draft him.

Comment

• Roy Williams projects to be the #1 WR in the Chicago offense. Getting him in the 11th round of a 14-team draft is a clear bargain. I was ready to get the old presumed #1, Johnny Knox, way back in the 8th round til I found out he got benched.

Sloww got him for cheap.
                    "Flutie was better than Kelly, Elway, Esiason and Cunningham." - Ben Kenobi
                    "I have nothing against Wilson, but he's nowhere near the same calibre of QB as Flutie. Flutie threw for 5k+ yards in the CFL." -Ben Kenobi

Comment

• Not sure who you're reading, but Knox has never been presumed the #1 WR of the Bears. #2 was the highest he's ever been suggested as, and no reliable source has suggested he'd be #2 post-roy signing (the demotion just wasn't official until the first or second day of post-FA camp). Knox is often a upside pick by fantasy sources, but he's never been more than that. Hester is the other primary WR, and always has been; and when it was Knox and Hester, it was always Hester first (Roy is now often named first, though realistically it makes little difference as they're both on the field most plays).

Comment

• Originally posted by snoopy369 View Post
                        Not sure who you're reading, but Knox has never been presumed the #1 WR of the Bears. #2 was the highest he's ever been suggested as, and no reliable source has suggested he'd be #2 post-roy signing (the demotion just wasn't official until the first or second day of post-FA camp). Knox is often a upside pick by fantasy sources, but he's never been more than that. Hester is the other primary WR, and always has been; and when it was Knox and Hester, it was always Hester first (Roy is now often named first, though realistically it makes little difference as they're both on the field most plays).

Knox led the Bears receivers in receptions, yardage, AND receiving TD's.

And it wasn't even close. He had 485 yards on Devin Hester. He more than doubled Hester's yardage total.

(Roy is now often named first, though realistically it makes little difference as they're both on the field most plays).
                        What are you talking about? We're one preseason game in
                        "I have nothing against Wilson, but he's nowhere near the same calibre of QB as Flutie. Flutie threw for 5k+ yards in the CFL." -Ben Kenobi

Comment

• By #1 WR, I was referring for fantasy purposes.

I don't care who's technically the flanker in Mike Martz' system (how many 3 and 4 WR sets did the Bears use last year, anyway? Mike Martz tries to get as many WR's on the field at a time)... I'm talking about who was it that saw the most time on the field, was targeted the most, etc.

Johnny Knox was the Bear's #1 WR by volume even if he played split end.

Now though, with him listed behind Hester, Williams, and Earl Bennett, Knox will, assuming this depth chart holds, see much less time on the field, even with Martz' proclivity for 4 WR packages.

That opportunity he had last year as the most targeted WR on the Bear's offense will decline.

Comment

• picks left with Slowwhand for the D league

Comment

• Looking for an eval of a trade in another league

I have

Arian Foster
                              Maclin
                              Stevie Johnson
                              Santana Moss

Looking to trade for Ray Rice and Miles Austin or Mendenhall and Roddy White or DeSean Jackson and Michael Turner

who should I pair foster with? Which trade pair is the best?
                              Last edited by MRT144; August 28, 2011, 01:10.
                              "I hope I get to punch you in the face one day" - MRT144, Imran Siddiqui
                              'I'm fairly certain that a ban on me punching you in the face is not a "right" worth respecting." - loinburger

Comment

• Stevie Johnson is probably over-valued. I'd move him.

Comment

Working...
                                X