No announcement yet.

Apolyton Fantasy Football

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'll be occupied Friday/Sat, so the old time was good for me. But whatever works.
    "In the beginning was the Word. Then came the ******* word processor." -Dan Simmons, Hyperion

Comment

• I don't much like picking 4th. I don't really care much for my team this year so far. *shrug*
      Captain of Team Apolyton - ISDG 2012

When I was younger I thought curfews were silly, but now as the daughter of a young woman, I appreciate them. - Rah

Comment

• 4th can be annoying, but it's probably better than 9th...
        <Reverend> IRC is just multiplayer notepad.
        I like your SNOOPY POSTER! - While you Wait quote.

Comment

• I'm much more concerned with who's drafting near me than with the actual position. If I'm surrounded by managers with a strong track record, that makes it much tougher no matter where that falls in the draft order.

I'm 9th in IDP (12 teams) and have no problem finding 16 players, any two of whom I'll be happy to base a team around. After that, it's a quasi-random crapshoot anyway.
          Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
          RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

• Originally posted by snoopy369 View Post
            4th can be annoying, but it's probably better than 9th...
            I love picking later so I can get a high second round pick.
            Captain of Team Apolyton - ISDG 2012

When I was younger I thought curfews were silly, but now as the daughter of a young woman, I appreciate them. - Rah

Comment

• Got 11 for the auction league! Anyone else?
              "I hope I get to punch you in the face one day" - MRT144, Imran Siddiqui
              'I'm fairly certain that a ban on me punching you in the face is not a "right" worth respecting." - loinburger

Comment

• Originally posted by -Jrabbit View Post
                Actually, since the first couple rounds are unaffected by preseason showings (barring injury), I was thinking of moving the draft up to this Friday, with no time limits/BAPAYs until Monday. How does that sound?
                Works for me too, I'll still be around when the draft opens, but let me know on Thu.

Comment

• Originally posted by MRT144 View Post
                  Got 11 for the auction league! Anyone else?
                  have you set up a draft time yet?

Comment

• Originally posted by Berzerker View Post
                    have you set up a draft time yet?
                    Yes, Saturday August 20th, 6:30 PM EDT.

I have several drafts going on that day and it worked for me the best. I can move things around a bit though.
                    'I'm fairly certain that a ban on me punching you in the face is not a "right" worth respecting." - loinburger

Comment

• I would prefer the following weekend if possible.
                      "You're the biggest user of hindsight that I've ever known. Your favorite team, in any sport, is the one that just won. If you were a woman, you'd likely be a slut." - Slowwhand, to Imran

Eschewing silly games since December 4, 2005

Comment

• we better get that settled soon, I have drafts on

Saturday sept 3rd 7PM EST

Sunday sept 4th 7PM EST

these are ffz drafts and we have overlap so please avoid these times

Comment

• I changed it to the same time August 27th. Let me know if this is better or worse.

Comment

• Any weekend time, provided it is not Saturday mornings, works for me.
                            "My nation is the world, and my religion is to do good." --Thomas Paine
                            "The subject of onanism is inexhaustable." --Sigmund Freud

Comment

• Berz is a constant golfer and heavy fantasy player. It's his busy time of the year.
                              When's the club championship, Berz? What flight you playing?
                              Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
                              RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

• I am actually nervous about this, I don't even care if I win or how I place, I am more worried about getting laughed at for my picks!

I've been reading all I can, and looking at various websites (information overload.....the internet can be a hinderance at times).

Anyone care to share their favourite websites for fantasy drafting so I can cull out some of the crap that I have been reading and get it down to a couple sites with reliable information?

/me
                                "Clearly I'm missing the thread some of where the NFL actually is." - Ben Kenobi on his NFL knowledge

Comment

Working...
                                X