No announcement yet.

Apolyton Fantasy Football

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Brutal week for me in salary cap. dropping from 3rd place to 6th.
    Had a feeling I should swap out Forte but didn't. Costly.
    Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
    RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

• How come in IDP Fantasy Football we complete the season this weekend (Week 14) and have playoffs in the next two weeks (Weeks 15-16) but have nothing in Week 17? Is it because by the time many teams get to week 17 they arn't playing for anything and rest their starters making for an uneven playing field?

/me
      "Clearly I'm missing the thread some of where the NFL actually is." - Ben Kenobi on his NFL knowledge

Comment

• Originally posted by Sparrowhawk View Post
        Is it because by the time many teams get to week 17 they arn't playing for anything and rest their starters making for an uneven playing field?
        Yes, exactly that. Crazy to have the FF championship decided in a week where so many top players are out. Some years, even Week 16 is a bit dodgy.
        Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
        RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

• I'm not in the playoffs (one game behind) in my money league but my team goes nuts again this week. MJD scores 4 touchdowns and Colston snags two to lead the way. Ridiculous.
          "Flutie was better than Kelly, Elway, Esiason and Cunningham." - Ben Kenobi
          "I have nothing against Wilson, but he's nowhere near the same calibre of QB as Flutie. Flutie threw for 5k+ yards in the CFL." -Ben Kenobi

Comment

• good thing I had a bye in a league, I damn near lost every other game

Comment

• ****. I think I just lost my week 15 game.
              Founder of The Glory of War, CHAMPIONS OF APOLYTON!!!
              1992-Perot , 1996-Perot , 2000-Bush , 2004-Bush :|, 2008-Obama :|, 2012-Obama , 2016-Clinton , 2020-Biden

Comment

• I'm not in the playoffs (one game behind) in my money league but my team goes nuts again this week. MJD scores 4 touchdowns and Colston snags two to lead the way. Ridiculous.
                Thanks for trading him to me. He got me 39 points today.
                Kids, you tried your best and you failed miserably. The lesson is, never try. -Homer

Comment

• Originally posted by flash9286 View Post
                  Thanks for trading him to me. He got me 39 points today.
                  No problem.
                  "I have nothing against Wilson, but he's nowhere near the same calibre of QB as Flutie. Flutie threw for 5k+ yards in the CFL." -Ben Kenobi

Comment

• So I missed the playoffs in my other league since I lost the head-to-head tiebreaker with a guy I outscored. I mention we should probably change that tie-breaker next year, using the logic of MRT and Flash, and I get:

if it was the other way around youd feel different

Seriously, though, how can I make these people understand that Points For should be the tie-breaker and not head-to-head record?

By the way, the 3 top scoring teams in this league this week (playoff week 1) were non-playoff teams Two of them (including my team) outscored one of the playoff teams on the year.
                    Last edited by Al B. Sure!; December 12, 2011, 05:52.

Comment

• ****. What a horrible weekend football wise.

Bears got Tebowed.
                      I loose my 4th Starting RB for the season.
                      I went 1-2 in the three games that mattered in my straight up pick'em league.
                      And the Bears got Tebowed.

Founder of The Glory of War, CHAMPIONS OF APOLYTON!!!
                      1992-Perot , 1996-Perot , 2000-Bush , 2004-Bush :|, 2008-Obama :|, 2012-Obama , 2016-Clinton , 2020-Biden

Comment

• I have a shot at beating Sloww this week. I already beat him earlier in the year, so any season where I can beat him twice is a successful season.
                        Pool Manager - Lombardi Handicappers League - An NFL Pick 'Em Pool

https://youtu.be/HLNhPMQnWu4

Comment

• Okay, I posted about how Points For should be the tie-breaker from now on and this is the response I get... I posted MRT's post verbatim:

its very simple WIN! its worthy cause you couldn't beat him why should he miss the Playoffs. In your way why even play games just go by who has the most points, only 1 team wins per week, from what I see your overall performance was 5-8. Who gives a **** if you scored 160 one week you were 5-8. I didn't score that much but I'm 8-5. You would end up with a bull**** team that can't beat anyone in the Playoffs, the whole bottom of your Division sucked get over it. Win next year then you won't have to Whine. As far as I can see the final 4 are the teams with the most wins, sounds right to me...

How can I make them understand? (I was 5-8 but outscored the 5-8 playoff team that beat me in head-to-head, if it's not clear)

MRT and Flash, go!
                          Last edited by Al B. Sure!; December 13, 2011, 02:17.

Comment

• Originally posted by Al B. Sure! View Post
                            How can I make them understand?
                            Show them -Jr's points against for the first 9 weeks of the IDP season.
                            Pool Manager - Lombardi Handicappers League - An NFL Pick 'Em Pool

https://youtu.be/HLNhPMQnWu4

Comment

• I wrote:

Really, I am amazed. I had the opposite issue in another league and I was lambasted as an idiot for not having a brain because I half-heartedly thought Head-to-head should be first tie-breaker, not points for (it suited me, I realized it wasn't a good argument). I was practically laughed at.

Pause and think about this because other people think the way we do tie-breakers is categorically stupid.

Comment

• To be fair, I think you have been "lambasted as an idiot" for far worse than this.

jk

I am curious to hear their response, it is difficult to imagine they could rationalize head to head as a better tie breaker than points for.

/me
                                "Clearly I'm missing the thread some of where the NFL actually is." - Ben Kenobi on his NFL knowledge

Comment

Working...
                                X