No announcement yet.

Apolyton Fantasy Football

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Espn is better, we should shift next year.
    Kids, you tried your best and you failed miserably. The lesson is, never try. -Homer

Comment

• And head to head as the first tie breaker is stupid in fantasy football. I don't know why anyone would select that other than they love chaos and hate overall season performance.
      "I hope I get to punch you in the face one day" - MRT144, Imran Siddiqui
      'I'm fairly certain that a ban on me punching you in the face is not a "right" worth respecting." - loinburger

Comment

• Agree, but I'm pretty sure you change it at espn.
        Kids, you tried your best and you failed miserably. The lesson is, never try. -Homer

Comment

• Originally posted by MRT144 View Post
          And head to head as the first tie breaker is stupid in fantasy football. I don't know why anyone would select that other than they love chaos and hate overall season performance.
          You're just mad I would have the head to head tiebreaker over both you and Flash
          "Flutie was better than Kelly, Elway, Esiason and Cunningham." - Ben Kenobi
          "I have nothing against Wilson, but he's nowhere near the same calibre of QB as Flutie. Flutie threw for 5k+ yards in the CFL." -Ben Kenobi

Comment

• Originally posted by flash9286 View Post
            Espn is better, we should shift next year.
            In what ways is it better?
            'I'm fairly certain that a ban on me punching you in the face is not a "right" worth respecting." - loinburger

Comment

• Better interface/design. The my team page presents information way better than yahoo, IMO. Plus espn's site is more tablet friendly.

Comment

• Originally posted by Al B. Sure! View Post
                You're just mad I would have the head to head tiebreaker over both you and Flash
                No, I just don't see there being a rational basis for head to head being the tie breaker. Our league is the perfect example of why it'd be bad; Despite getting the 2nd most points against me, I've done pretty well at 7-5. You've put up the 3rd worst in the league, and had the 4th least against. You're saying that your 7-6 against my 7-6 is more worthy of the playoffs? How? Why

Comment

Better interface/design. The my team page presents information way better than yahoo, IMO. Plus espn's site is more tablet friendly.
                  One thing I like about ESPN is you can easily track player transaction history. You just click on their names and you can see which fantasy teams picked him up, dropped him, etc. Can be interesting to see.

Also, ESPN projections are right there. Yahoo's take more fiddling to get. At ESPN, you can just click the player's name and see his performance in every game. Yahoo only gives fantasy points, not the actual stats when you click the player. That actually pisses me off about Yahoo. I don't want to know that Ogbonnaya had 7.56 fantasy points two weeks ago. I want to know if he did it on 70 yards or 10 yards and a TD, I want to know if he had catches, etc.
                  "I have nothing against Wilson, but he's nowhere near the same calibre of QB as Flutie. Flutie threw for 5k+ yards in the CFL." -Ben Kenobi

Comment

No, I just don't see there being a rational basis for head to head being the tie breaker. Our league is the perfect example of why it'd be bad; Despite getting the 2nd most points against me, I've done pretty well at 7-5. You've put up the 3rd worst in the league, and had the 4th least against. You're saying that your 7-6 against my 7-6 is more worthy of the playoffs? How? Why
                    Because I beat you. If your team was so good, it should have beat mine, sucker

I know I benefited by the accident of schedule but I don't care

Comment

Better interface/design. The my team page presents information way better than yahoo, IMO. Plus espn's site is more tablet friendly.
                      I don't know what I'm missing in that regard but I think the big leg up that yahoo has is that it makes managing multiple teams with multiple different groups of people, plus pickems a lot more efficient.

Comment

One thing I like about ESPN is you can easily track player transaction history. You just click on their names and you can see which fantasy teams picked him up, dropped him, etc. Can be interesting to see.

Also, ESPN projections are right there. Yahoo's take more fiddling to get. At ESPN, you can just click the player's name and see his performance in every game. Yahoo only gives fantasy points, not the actual stats when you click the player. That actually pisses me off about Yahoo. I don't want to know that Ogbonnaya had 7.56 fantasy points two weeks ago. I want to know if he did it on 70 yards or 10 yards and a TD, I want to know if he had catches, etc.
                        Yea,it is just easier to find germane information at espn.

Comment

I don't know what I'm missing in that regard but I think the big leg up that yahoo has is that it makes managing multiple teams with multiple different groups of people, plus pickems a lot more efficient.
                          It is pretty easy to manage multiple teams at espn. Don't know about pickems.

Comment

Because I beat you. If your team was so good, it should have beat mine, sucker
                            My team is better than yours. I've gotten more wins with more points against me than you. There is no objective statistical measure where your team is better than mine overall.

Comment

My team is better than yours. I've gotten more wins with more points against me than you. There is no objective statistical measure where your team is better than mine overall.
                              And yet I beat you

Comment

And yet I beat you
                                On that particular week, yes. If we played one another every week I'd be 7-5.

Comment

Working...
                                X