Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Former N.C.State Wolfpack standout Lorenzo Charles dead in accident......

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Former N.C.State Wolfpack standout Lorenzo Charles dead in accident......

FORMER N C STATE WOLFPACK LORENZO CHARLES DEAD

Former North Carolina State basketball star Lorenzo Charles, the muscular forward whose last-second dunk gave the underdog Wolfpack the 1983 national championship, was killed Monday when a bus he was driving in Raleigh, N.C., crashed, a company official said Monday.

Elite Coach General Manager Brad Jackson said Charles, 47, worked for the company and was driving one of its buses on Interstate 40.

Raleigh police spokesman Jim Sughrue said no passengers were aboard.

Charles secured his spot in N.C. State lore 28 years ago in the final moments of the Wolfpack's matchup with Houston in the national championship game.

He grabbed Dereck Whittenburg's 30-foot shot and dunked it at the buzzer to give N.C. State a 54-52 win and its second national title, sending Coach Jim Valvano spilling onto the court, scrambling for someone to hug in what has become one of the lasting images of the NCAA tournament.
    Hi, I'm RAH and I'm a Benaholic.-rah

i remember

rip

Comment

Who cares?

Comment

college basketball hero > rapper

Comment

By leaps and bounds, both of which a basketball hero can do and a muddle-minded rapper can't do.
          Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
          "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
          He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

Rappers are clearly more intelligent than ballers.

Comment

Even a rapper fan boy isn't.
              Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
              "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
              He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

Why do so many basketball players want to rap then? And why do they all suck?

And this is stupid how this thread about a guy dying has turned into this.

Although statements like "college basketball hero > rapper" are absurd on so many levels.
                "Flutie was better than Kelly, Elway, Esiason and Cunningham." - Ben Kenobi
                "I have nothing against Wilson, but he's nowhere near the same calibre of QB as Flutie. Flutie threw for 5k+ yards in the CFL." -Ben Kenobi

Comment

only 1 level matters to me, I love basketball and this guy was one of the game's heroes

and of course rap sucks

but you dont see me going into dead rapper threads to ask "who cares"...

Comment

Working...
                  X