College Football 2013 Season

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Imran Siddiqui View Post
    It's the same issue I have with baseball - if you can't win your division why do you get a chance to knock off the team that did?
    Do you have the same "issue" with Pro Football, Pro Basketball, Pro Hockey, ......
    Keep on Civin'
    RIP rah, Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

• Originally posted by Ming View Post
      Do you have the same "issue" with Pro Football, Pro Basketball, Pro Hockey, ......
      In deciding a "best team", yes. Though I don't really hold those other sports to the same level, so if they want a silly oversaturated playoff for entertainment purposes, then have fun.
      “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
      - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

• Do you think a single game can determine the "best team"?
        It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
        RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

• Originally posted by rah View Post
          Do you think a single game can determine the "best team"?
          No.

But we can come closer to it by making the winners of the regular season face off.
          “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”

Comment

• The Big East is set to add Boise State, San Diego State, SMU, UCF and Houston as it begins to rebuild its league, with an announcement expected as early as Wednesday, sources confirmed to ESPN.com.

So, um, Boise State, San Diego State, SMU, UCF, and Houston are joing the Big East... SAN DIEGO STATE?!!

Comment

• I guess that's my problem. I don't consider a team that doesn't even make it to their conference playoffs a winner of the regular season. All the other teams had to risk a loss against a quality team. (generally)
              It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
              RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

• I could live with it if they had to play their way to the championship.
                Almost any kind of playoff system would work better (and have more validity) than this.
                Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
                RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

• That's the beauty of my system.

Guynemer for College Football Mod!
                  "My nation is the world, and my religion is to do good." --Thomas Paine
                  "The subject of onanism is inexhaustable." --Sigmund Freud

Comment

• They should go back to the old bowl system, when no one gave a **** about the "validity" of the mythical national championship and everything was more enjoyable. Let LSU play in the Sugar Bowl against Clemson, Michigan, Virginia Tech, or whoever else the bowl thinks would be a good matchup. If they win, they'll be voted unanimous champs. If they lose, they'll probably still be voted champs, but, if not, who really gives a ****? Split the title if you want.

Comment

• While I would prefer a play off system in combination with the bowl games for everybody else...

The old way is looking better and better than the current system every year.
                      Keep on Civin'

Comment

• Well in like 5-10 years we'll have 4 mega conferences anyways.

Comment

While I would prefer a play off system in combination with the bowl games for everybody else...
                          A playoff would be even worse. All the *****ing from the current system would remain while the importance of the regular season would be destroyed.

Comment

• Originally posted by Tupac Shakur View Post
                            A playoff would be even worse. All the *****ing from the current system would remain while the importance of the regular season would be destroyed.
                            Gee... a two team championship game vs a four team playoff... wouldn't change the value of the regular season one bit.
                            Having two teams from the same conference playing for the national championship (especially when they have already played each other) makes all the regular season games in other conferences pretty worthless.
                            Keep on Civin'

Comment

• Unfortunately, computers need to do the ranking; and have the program take strength of schedule into consideration.
                              Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
                              "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
                              He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

Having two teams from the same conference playing for the national championship (especially when they have already played each other) makes all the regular season games in other conferences pretty worthless.
                                A four-team playoff wouldn't solve this problem, as Alabama would still be in it. All you'd be doing is letting a team that lost to Iowa State and a team that didn't win its own conference/another team that already lost to LSU in the regular season also play for the national championship.

The problem this season is that LSU has clearly already earned the national championship and no other teams can be as worthy even if they beat LSU in the postseason. A playoff would only make this problem worse!

Comment

Working...
                                X