No announcement yet.

College Football 2013 Season

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I don't want to go to a BCS game once every 10 years and get blown out each and every time. I don't want 5 out of seven seasons to be losing seasons. I don't want to have my team play so awful that I can't even stand to watch them. I will trade all of that in the hope of something better.

Comment

• Originally posted by H Tower View Post
      I don't want to go to a BCS game once every 10 years and get blown out each and every time. I don't want 5 out of seven seasons to be losing seasons. I don't want to have my team play so awful that I can't even stand to watch them. I will trade all of that in the hope of something better.
      What he said...
      Keep on Civin'
      RIP rah, Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

• Ditto. Especially.
        I don't want to have my team play so awful that I can't even stand to watch them.
        It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
        RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

• New AD, new regime. And I can't blame him after the way the team quit on Zook. It may be stupid in Drake World, but that's the way the world works.

Losing to Purdue and Minnesota was inexcusable.
          Going a month without scoring in the first half, ditto.
          Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
          RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

• Losing to Minnesota? Absolutely ****ing terrible.

Losing to Purdue? Not great, but not terrible. Purdue beat Ohio State. They finished third in the Why's Wisconsin Here? Division.
            "My nation is the world, and my religion is to do good." --Thomas Paine
            "The subject of onanism is inexhaustable." --Sigmund Freud

Comment

• With the number of jobs opening up this offseason, Illinois is almost assured of taking a step down from Zook.

Maybe they'll be smart/lucky and find some diamond in the rough MAC coach, but I suspect they're going to shoot for the stars and strike out on some coaches with BCS school experience who have many better options.

What are the odds of Dave Wannstedt getting a shot at the Illinois job once they get turned down a few times and start getting desperate? 60, 70 percent?

Originally posted by Guynemer View Post
              Losing to Minnesota? Absolutely ****ing terrible.
              I don't see Kirk Ferentz getting fired for it. Say what you will about Iowa, but at least their fanbase isn't delusional.

Comment

• In other Big Ten news, I hope Brady Hoke enjoyed his recruiting advantage while it lasted.

What's Meyer's go-to sales pitch going to be? If I were him, I'd stick with something simple like "I've won more national titles in the last five years than Michigan has in the last 50."

Comment

• And he couldn't beat Michigan in the one chance he had.

I don't deny that our huge recruiting advantage this year is going to evaporate, but it isn't going to completely flip around; besides, I suspect he may focus more on Florida than Ohio, which has always been our best recruiting ground anyway.
                  "My nation is the world, and my religion is to do good." --Thomas Paine
                  "The subject of onanism is inexhaustable." --Sigmund Freud

Comment

• What are the odds that Meyer can entice Greg Mattison to leave Michigan? Apparently Mattison and Hoke are friends, but Mattison also worked with Meyer at Florida and Ohio State seems like the better job (higher pay, easier recruiting, better recent track record).

Comment

• Originally posted by Guynemer View Post
                      And he couldn't beat Michigan in the one chance he had.
                      Using that logic, Bill Callahan is a better coach than Lloyd Carr.

I don't deny that our huge recruiting advantage this year is going to evaporate, but it isn't going to completely flip around; besides, I suspect he may focus more on Florida than Ohio, which has always been our best recruiting ground anyway.
                      Why would you expect that? Meyer's from Ohio and one of the huge advantages of Ohio State is that they own one of the most productive recruiting areas in the country. Meyer's not an idiot; he's going to get most of his recruits from Ohio and do his best to keep Michigan out, while tapping into Florida and other national hotspots for the occasional top player.

Comment

• Wow, UCLA ****-canned Neuheisel prior to the Pac-12 Championship game. You'd think they would have at least waited to see if he won it before pulling the trigger. Now they'll be faced with the spectacle that, should they win Friday, they'll then fire their head coach right before a Rose Bowl appearance. Of course, Neuheisel now has little incentive to give a **** about the game. Still, it might galvanize his players to surpass themselves, if they actually do like him.

And Erickson is officially out at ASU. Wulff's fate will be decided tomorrow, and that kind of statement from an AD almost always means the coach is getting fired.

So I guess the Pac-12 hotseat coaches next season will be Tedford, Riley and maybe Sarkisian.
                        Tutto nel mondo è burla

Comment

• Oh, and the rumors are saying Washington State is going after Leech, while UCLA wants... Chris Petersen. Yeah, good luck with that, Bruins.
                          Tutto nel mondo è burla

Comment

• Originally posted by Guynemer View Post
                            Losing to Minnesota? Absolutely ****ing terrible.

Losing to Purdue? Not great, but not terrible. Purdue beat Ohio State. They finished third in the Why's Wisconsin Here? Division.
                            Illinois also lost to OSU, at home, in a game where the Buckeyes only completed one pass.
                            To me, Purdue beating OSU remains one of the most mysterious outcomes of the season. I saw Purdue early in the year and they were terrible. Guess that really colored my opinion of them.
                            Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
                            RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

• Originally posted by Tupac Shakur View Post
                              With the number of jobs opening up this offseason, Illinois is almost assured of taking a step down from Zook.
                              He sucked... just about anybody would most assuredly be a step up. I don't know where your "boy love" for Zook is coming from, but I guess it can only come from somebody who hasn't had to watch his team's performance week after week. I'm looking forward to a new head coach, no matter who it is. At least then there will be some hope.
                              Keep on Civin'
                              RIP rah, Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

• “It’s not the despair, I can stand the despair; it’s the hope …”
                                Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
                                "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
                                He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

Working...
                                X