No announcement yet.

College Football 2013 Season

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sure you would have. I bet you would know exactly what to do if you unexpectedly walked in on Inspector Todd raping some kid in the precinct shower.

Comment

• Yep. The Tazer works just fine. Even in the shower.
      Founder of The Glory of War, CHAMPIONS OF APOLYTON!!!
      1992-Perot , 1996-Perot , 2000-Bush , 2004-Bush :|, 2008-Obama :|, 2012-Obama , 2016-Clinton , 2020-Biden

Comment

• So you would shock the rapist and victim instead of wrestling the wet, naked, fully erect man into submission? That's not very badass.

Comment

• 1) No... it's simple electronics. Electricity follows the path of least resistance. Since the prongs would both be in 'Inspector Todd', only he would be effected. The kid would be fine (other than the trama of being raped, of course).

2) I don't care about 'badass'ness. I just want to get the job done. The Tazer is the safest and simplist way; but this is getting off the subject. If you want to debate the effectiveness and safety of Tazers, I'll do so, but not in this thread.
          Founder of The Glory of War, CHAMPIONS OF APOLYTON!!!
          1992-Perot , 1996-Perot , 2000-Bush , 2004-Bush :|, 2008-Obama :|, 2012-Obama , 2016-Clinton , 2020-Biden

Comment

• I'm not an expert on the electrical conductivity of a human penis, but I suspect there's more of a risk of shocking the victim than you would have us believe.

Comment

• Originally posted by Donegeal View Post
              So 'Mind your own business then pass the buck' when you could have done something about it immediatly is ok, but it's not ok to pass the buck when something this toxic comes across your desk after the fact?

And Tupac.. I'm a cop and your damn right I would stopped it immediately.
              I agree with Drake's point in general that most people wouldn't really know what to do in that split second. But Donegeal's whole job is knowing what to do in a split second when bad things are happening. Now, I think the idea that you'd just whip out your taser and shoot your boss the moment you walked in the shower is just badass bravado. But I imagine you'd confront him then and there and put a stop to it in some fashion. I doubt you'd need violence.
              Captain of Team Apolyton - ISDG 2012

When I was younger I thought curfews were silly, but now as the daughter of a young woman, I appreciate them. - Rah

Comment

• I admit I don't know what I would have done in that situation when I was 28. But I'm pretty damned sure I wouldn't wait 12 years (or whatever it was) to find out why there were no consequences.

Certainly McQueary's not alone in culpability. There were multiple victims, so all this focus on him is a bit on the convenient side.

Here's a quick-read slide show of the specific allegations:
                Former Penn State coach Jerry Sandusky has been charged with 40 counts related to sexual abuse following allegations that he had inappropriate contact with young boys during his time with the school and after he retired...
                Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
                RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

• Originally posted by -Jrabbit View Post
                  I admit I don't know what I would have done in that situation when I was 28. But I'm pretty damned sure I wouldn't wait 12 years (or whatever it was) to find out why there were no consequences.
                  I would expect that the higher-ups leaned on McQueary once they decided to cover things up. Obviously it would've been better if he'd defied his bosses and broke the story years ago, but I can't blame him too much for not doing so. It's the people who were in positions of power that have no excuse.

Comment

• Let's also not forget that a janitor/Korean War vet also caught Sandusky abusing a boy in the showers and didn't stop it. Are we going to also imply that a combat veteran is a morally bankrupt coward, or accept that maybe walking in on a child rape is a traumatic experience that people might not be able to handle?

Comment

• Originally posted by Tupac Shakur View Post
                      I love all these dimwits acting tough and ****ting on McQueary for freaking out and not knowing how to react when he walked in on one of his bosses ****ing a kid. None of us have a ****ing clue what it was like to be in that situation. I recognize that fact and think we should cut McQueary a little slack for responding less than ideally to a completely ****ed up situation. All these hindsight badasses, on the other hand, don't actually care about empathy or fairness and just want us all to know how tough they imagine they'd be if put in a similar situation.
                      His response to seeing the rape is entirely understandable. But to see that coach at the facilities for 9 more years and not doing anything about it, is cowardly and a chicken **** thing to do.

He should be ashamed.

ACK!
                      Don't try to confuse the issue with half-truths and gorilla dust!

Comment

• I suspect that he is -- now. But denial is a powerful thing.
                        Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
                        RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

• I'm sure that any that were involved are sorry...now. Like a thief or any other law breaker. They're not sorry for the act, but they're very sorry they got caught.
                          Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
                          "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
                          He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

• Originally posted by Tuberski View Post
                            His response to seeing the rape is entirely understandable. But to see that coach at the facilities for 9 more years and not doing anything about it, is cowardly and a chicken **** thing to do.

He should be ashamed.

ACK!
                            Point.
                            Captain of Team Apolyton - ISDG 2012

When I was younger I thought curfews were silly, but now as the daughter of a young woman, I appreciate them. - Rah

Comment

• Originally posted by Tupac Shakur View Post
                              I would expect that the higher-ups leaned on McQueary once they decided to cover things up. Obviously it would've been better if he'd defied his bosses and broke the story years ago, but I can't blame him too much for not doing so. It's the people who were in positions of power that have no excuse.

Comment

• Looks like all the armchair toughguys got their wish...

Due to multiple threats made against Assistant Coach Mike McQueary, the University has decided it would be in the best interest of all for Assistant Coach McQueary not to be in attendance at Saturday's Nebraska game.

Page Not Found (404): It looks like you're lost... The page you are looking for no longer exists.

Comment

Working...
                                X