No announcement yet.

College Football 2013 Season

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sweet Jebus, I hate the Huskies. They couldn't even beat the spread. ****ing useless dog****.
    Tutto nel mondo è burla

Comment

• I took Oregon.
      Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
      "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
      He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

• This is a mess.

1. LSU
        2. Oklahoma State
        3. Stanford
        4. Boise State
        5. Alabama
        6. Oregon
        7. Oklahoma
        8. Arkansas
        9. Penn State
        10. Clemson

Near: Houston, Wisconsin, Virginia Tech, and a massive dumpster fire of mediocre teams
        Far: Any sort of serenity over the events of yesterday
        "My nation is the world, and my religion is to do good." --Thomas Paine
        "The subject of onanism is inexhaustable." --Sigmund Freud

Comment

• Why didn't you include Wisconsin in the massive dumpster fire of mediocre teams where they belong?

Comment

• Borderline; I still think they are the class of the Big Ten, for what little that is worth; find it hard to knock them too much for two miracle losses in a row. I think they are the best 2-loss team in the country, by a fairly large margin.

I don't remember this being addressed anywhere: what happens if Arkansas beats LSU, and all three teams end up 11-1 (7-1)? What is the SEC tiebreaker in that scenario? Because if Arky ends up in the SECCG against Georgia, I might just die laughing.

Comment

• Michigan is 5-12 on the road in the past four seasons.

Comment

• Originally posted by Guynemer View Post
                I think they are the best 2-loss team in the country, by a fairly large margin.
                I disagree. Georgia, Michigan, Michigan State, Texas, and USC are all comparable two-loss teams.

Top Ten...

1. LSU
                2. Alabama
                3. Oklahoma
                4. Stanford
                5. Oklahoma State
                6. Oregon
                7. Wisconsin
                8. Boise State
                9. Texas A&M
                10. Texas

Comment

• Big 12 has a pretty commanding lead on the other conferences...

1. Big 12
                  2. SEC
                  3. Big Ten
                  4. Pac-12
                  5. ACC
                  6. Big East

Comment

• Rightly so, at this point; OU and OSU are legit top ten teams, KSU and Texas are decent... they are deeper than the other major conferences, that is for sure.

I still don't understand why the computers love A&M so much.

It is entirely possible that the Where's Wisconsin? division will end in a four-way 5-3 tie. Week 11: Iowa over MSU, Mich over Ill, Neb over PSU; Week 12: MSU over Ind, Mich over Neb, Iowa over Pur; Week 13: Neb over Iowa, OSU over Mich, NW over MSU.

I'm pretty sure a supermassive black hole crashes into the Earth if such a thing happens.

Comment

I still don't understand why the computers love A&M so much.
                      A&M has played the second toughest schedule in the country, according to Sagarin. Missouri, with the hardest schedule, also ranks much higher than its record would suggest.

Comment

• They've also been beaten like a drum with that schedule. I don't deny that they might be a good team, maybe fringe top twenty, but there is something off with his formula.

Comment

• Originally posted by Tupac Shakur View Post
                          I disagree. Georgia, Michigan, Michigan State, Texas, and USC are all comparable two-loss teams.
                          Nope. I generally try to stay out of comparing non-big 10 teams as I readily admit that i don't know much beyond a couple of names to look for in the NFL, but Michigan and Michigan State are not even comparable teams to Wisconsin this year. It not only took a miracle last second hail mary for Michigan State to win, but also took a perfect performance by State, a bad performance by Wisconsin and brian dead coaching by the Badgers (they called time out twice on the hail mary drive and was the only reason State even had time to try the play).
                          Founder of The Glory of War, CHAMPIONS OF APOLYTON!!!
                          1992-Perot , 1996-Perot , 2000-Bush , 2004-Bush :|, 2008-Obama :|, 2012-Obama , 2016-Clinton , 2020-Biden

Comment

• Yes, the Michigan State team that beat Wisconsin is not even comparable to Wisconsin...

No ones like braindead homerism.

Comment

They've also been beaten like a drum with that schedule. I don't deny that they might be a good team, maybe fringe top twenty, but there is something off with his formula.
                              Well, the Pure Points is only meant to represent how likely a team is to win a future game, so it makes sense that it doesn't do a great job of ranking teams based on resume. I certainly don't think A&M should be Top Ten in the polls, but I wouldn't be surprised if they actually are one of the ten most dangerous teams in the country. I sure as hell wouldn't want to play them.

I also don't really agree that they've been "beaten like a drum." Oklahoma is really their only ugly loss; the remaining three were all within one score. Since the Pure Points looks at scoring margin, that makes a difference.

Comment

• Originally posted by Tupac Shakur View Post
                                Yes, the Michigan State team that beat Wisconsin is not even comparable to Wisconsin...

No ones like braindead homerism.
                                What are you talking about? i LOVED that post!
                                Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
                                RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

Working...
                                X