Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nice #10 Slowwy.

ACK!
    Don't try to confuse the issue with half-truths and gorilla dust!

Comment

• I'm I the only one who thinks ND means the Fighting Sioux?
      Founder of The Glory of War, CHAMPIONS OF APOLYTON!!!
      1992-Perot , 1996-Perot , 2000-Bush , 2004-Bush :|, 2008-Obama :|, 2012-Obama , 2016-Clinton , 2020-Biden

Comment

• Very stout ND defense. I have never seen a 400-yard passing effort look so ineffective.
        I came upon a barroom full of bad Salon pictures in which men with hats on the backs of their heads were wolfing food from a counter. It was the institution of the "free lunch" I had struck. You paid for a drink and got as much as you wanted to eat. For something less than a rupee a day a man can feed himself sumptuously in San Francisco, even though he be a bankrupt. Remember this if ever you are stranded in these parts. ~ Rudyard Kipling, 1891

Comment

• Originally posted by Donegeal View Post
          I'm I the only one who thinks ND means the Fighting Sioux?
          Nope. **** North Dakota, forever and ever, amen.

"My nation is the world, and my religion is to do good." --Thomas Paine
          "The subject of onanism is inexhaustable." --Sigmund Freud

Comment

• 1t. Alabama
            1t. Oregon
            1t. Kansas State
            1t. Notre Dame
            5t. Georgia
            5t. Florida
            5t. LSU
            5t. Oklahoma
            5t. Florida State
            10. **** it, let's say Louisville

This is 2007 all over again.

Comment

• Either an Oregon/Notre Dame or Oregon/Kansas State title game would be fun to watch. Alabama/Notre Dame or Alabama/Kansas State, on the other hand, would be the end of us all.

Comment

• Told you so...

However, I’m not exaggerating here when I say that this is the most dejected that I’ve ever seen the Illini football fan base. At least with Ron Zook, there was the inkling of hope that his legendary recruiting ability would eventually turn things around. Plus, I think we’ll eventually remember the Zook years as being “funny bad”. Between the asinine 2-point conversion attempts in the first quarter, rugby punts and water skiing without water skis, Zook at least sucked with some style. ...

The Illini team under Tim Beckman, on the other hand, has been completely listless since the loss to Louisiana Tech in week 4. To use a sports cliche, it’s not that the Illini are losing per se that bothers me, but rather how they are losing. Several other top Illini boosters are bothered by it, as well, and have made it known publicly that they aren’t happy at all with Beckman or Illinois athletic director Mike Thomas. Granted, it’s tough to fire any new head coach after only one season (compounded by the fact that the Illinois athletic department is still paying buyouts to both Ron Zook and Bruce Weber at the same time), but we’re getting dangerously close to the point where fan anger turns to fan apathy, which is the worst thing that can happen to a program that can’t count on 100,000 people showing up every week no matter what like Ohio State and Michigan. For practical purposes, I’m resigned to the fact that Beckman will almost certainly get another year (if only because Thomas would be admitting he made a major mistake in the hiring by axing Beckman so quickly), yet Illinois might be trading a short-term contract buyout issue for a legitimately long-term setback once again.

Comment

• ****ing Kent State

(Well more like ****ing Gary Nova, but still)
                  “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
                  - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

• Firing Ron Zook and actually getting worse might be the most Illinois thing ever.

Comment

• Sigh.

Comment

• Originally posted by Guynemer View Post
                        Firing Ron Zook and actually getting worse might be the most Illinois thing ever.
                        Where are all those people who kept saying firing Zook was the absolute right thing to do?
                        “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”

Comment

• Not sure I said THAT, but the answer to "how much worse can it get?" has been an eye-opener.
                          Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
                          RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

• Perhaps an apology is in order to those like Tupac who said Zook was the best that Illinois fans could hope for.

Comment

• I don't need an apology. The satisfaction at being proved right so quickly is all the recompense I need.

Comment

• It was pretty obvious, really. Firing someone is only the right move if you can replace him with someone better. Zook was the best Illinois could do.

Comment

Working...
                                X