College Football 2013 Season

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Tupac Shakur View Post
    I'd like to have more faith in my Huskers, but we do play every decent team in the conference again this season. I'm also not convinced that Taylor Martinez has really cured his arm-puntitis.
    /reviews the box score of the UCLA-Neb game

It appears your concern was valid.

Shoelace, on the other hand, appears to be throwing much better this year through the first two games. Only one atrocious directly-at-opposition INT thus far.

He's not GOOD, mind you, but better.
    "My nation is the world, and my religion is to do good." --Thomas Paine
    "The subject of onanism is inexhaustable." --Sigmund Freud

Comment

• Originally posted by Tupac Shakur View Post
      Key takeaway is that ya'll never should've fired RichRod...

Oh **** that noise.

Arizona is heading for 7-5, best case scenario.

Comment

• Be fair; Rich Rod is a good coach. He was just a terrible fit at Michigan.

Originally posted by Guynemer View Post
        /reviews the box score of the UCLA-Neb game

It appears your concern was valid.
        Martinez didn't play that bad last night, actually; his stats suffered because of some drops and an offensive line that couldn't keep the pressure off him.

I think the offense is going to be alright this season, especially when Burkhead returns. The real concern this season is Nebraska's atrocious defense, the d-line in particular. Seems like Pelini's weakness as a recruiter is starting to outweigh his ability as a defensive coach.

Comment

• Originally posted by Guynemer View Post
          Yeah, suddenly Purdue and Illinois no longer look so implausible. I'd throw in Indiana too, if their QB hadn't gotten Theismann'ed today.

And you got the division name right, FWIW.
          Care to revise that post now? Illinois loses 45-14.

Comment

• Oh my yes.

Comment

• Pac-12 put in a much better showing this week. I daresay they had the best week of any conference. However, both USC and Oregon put in relatively lackluster performances (despite Barkley's 6 TD passes, Syracuse played USC uncomfortably close, and they're pretty bad). So maybe there isn't *quite* the distance between these two and the middle of the conference as was believed. Cal and Stanford redeemed themselves with much better games, although both played pretty inferior opponents. ASU continued to be strong while UCLA proved its opener wasn't a fluke. Arizona pulled off the most jaw-dropping upset, and that thrashing of Okie St. makes their meeting with Oregon in two weeks look very interesting. Oregon State's D was amazing and their dominating Wisconsin throughout the game was impressive, although I knew beforehand Wisconsin was severely overrated. WSU's narrow victory over a lowly opponent does not inspire much confidence.

As for this week's losers, Washington was embarrassed, which is a bit surprising--I expected them to do a bit better. They may be lucky to go 6-6. Utah's loss was unfortunate, but I don't think it necessarily bodes ill for the rest of their season. Colorado didn't do anything to contradict my theory that they are the worst team in any of the major conferences.

So, my Week 2 Top 5:

1. Alabama
              2. LSU
              3. USC
              4. Oregon
              5. FSU

I noticed on the AP poll that all four of yesterday's big upset teams dropped completely out of the Top 25: Arkansas, Nebraska, Oklahoma St. and Wisconsin. Ouch.
              Tutto nel mondo è burla

Comment

• Originally posted by Boris Godunov View Post
                Penn State's kicker missed 4 field foals and had an extra point blocked, I believe. So it's more about Penn State being bad than Virginia being good.
                This is kind of what I expected, but that hasn't kept me or my friends at UVa from gloating

(There's a fair number of grad students here and at Pitt who went to Penn State for undergrad)
                If there is no sound in space, how come you can hear the lasers?
                ){ :|:& };:

Comment

• If you really want to troll Penn Staters, there's a much more effective way to do that than to bring up a loss to UVa.

Comment

• After a while even the "What time is curfew at the Penn State athletic dorms?" joke gets old...

Spoiler:

When the big hand touches the little hand.
                    If there is no sound in space, how come you can hear the lasers?
                    ){ :|:& };:

Comment

• Originally posted by Boris Godunov View Post
                      As for this week's losers, Washington was embarrassed, which is a bit surprising--I expected them to do a bit better. They may be lucky to go 6-6. Utah's loss was unfortunate, but I don't think it necessarily bodes ill for the rest of their season. Colorado didn't do anything to contradict my theory that they are the worst team in any of the major conferences.
                      I think Utah State is an up and coming school, Gary Andersen, is a great recruiter and was defensive coordinator of the Utah team that spanked Alabama in the 2009 Sugar Bowl.

He's got the team going in the right direction.

ACK!
                      Don't try to confuse the issue with half-truths and gorilla dust!

Comment

• Game Day Returns to the Hill. Go Big Orange!
                        "I am sick and tired of people who say that if you debate and you disagree with this administration somehow you're not patriotic. We should stand up and say we are Americans and we have a right to debate and disagree with any administration." - Hillary Clinton, 2003

Comment

• Will Tenn finish at .500 or above in the SEC this year?

Comment

• Oh, Notre Dame...

Comment

• Oh, ACC. Are they really that desperate? The Big Ten or SEC would never let Notre Dame remain independent in football.

Comment

• Originally posted by Guynemer View Post
                                Oh, Notre Dame...
                                Originally posted by Tupac Shakur View Post
                                Oh, ACC. Are they really that desperate? The Big Ten or SEC would never let Notre Dame remain independent in football.

Comment

Working...
                                X