No announcement yet.

College Football 2013 Season

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm OK with that. I think we've shown that for any given system, there will be years when it doesn't quite work out.
    Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
    RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

• Thems fightin words Sloww!
      Founder of The Glory of War, CHAMPIONS OF APOLYTON!!!
      1992-Perot , 1996-Perot , 2000-Bush , 2004-Bush :|, 2008-Obama :|, 2012-Obama , 2016-Clinton , 2020-Biden

Comment

• I think Sloww is fine with Wisky getting into the title game, so long as they actually deserve it.
        Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
        RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

• Right. I only used them as an example because they were in the front of my mind; which makes it not really that big of an insult, if you think about it.
          Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
          "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
          He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

• Originally posted by -Jrabbit View Post
            Drake, is it your position that PSU football should not be punished?
            Of course. No one involved in covering up Sandusky's crimes is currently associated with the program, and Sandusky's crimes had **** all to do with football or the NCAA in the first place. Leave this one to the criminal justice system, for god's sake.

Comment

• But wouldn't this fall under the category of "institutional lack of control"?
              "My nation is the world, and my religion is to do good." --Thomas Paine
              "The subject of onanism is inexhaustable." --Sigmund Freud

Comment

• I know that institutions are people thanks to Citizens United, but it still seems somewhat asinine to punish an institution for the past misdeeds of individuals who are either dead or no longer employed by said institution.

Comment

• I don't disagree with that point, but doesn't the NCAA have to bring it, if only because if it doesn't, every time they levy sanctions for free clothing and tattoos or allowing recruits to sleep on couches or too much stretching time, they'll destroy any credibility they ever had?
                  "My nation is the world, and my religion is to do good." --Thomas Paine
                  "The subject of onanism is inexhaustable." --Sigmund Freud

Comment

• I sincerely doubt the NCAA's credibility will be significantly impacted by staying out of this godawful cluster****; they clearly have no jurisdiction here and should just admit as much. The NCAA was set up to administer petty rules that ensure fairish competition between college athletic programs. It was never intended to levy punishment for really ****ing serious crimes like serial child molestation, and I think all non-retarded college football fans understand that.

You could make a strong argument that retarded college football fans are the vast majority, of course, but my response to that is "**** those *****."

Comment

• They're not actually all gone yet: Spanier is still a sociology prof; Curley is on leave. And the NCAA punishes institutions even if the perpetrators are gone.

When it's the top officials at Penn State who were involved in the cover up, I find the claim that they were "individuals" and are or will be gone insufficient. Penn State should still be punished.
                      Those who would give up Essential Liberty to purchase a little Temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety. - Ben Franklin
                      Iain Banks missed deadline due to Civ | The eyes are the groin of the head. - Dwight Schrute.
                      One more turn .... One more turn .... | WWTSD

Comment

• Originally posted by Lord Avalon View Post
                        They're not actually all gone yet: Spanier is still a sociology prof
                        ****ing tenure...

Comment

• And Paterno has a statue at the stadium. That doesn't really qualify as "gone".
                          Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
                          "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
                          He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

• We all know the NCAA moves at a glacial pace, and in this case, that's a good thing. New facts continue to be released. How silly would it be if the NCAA had already punished PSU for not reporting Sandusky's misdeeds, and not we have the Freeh report, showing that there was a coverup. They'd have to go through the process all over again.

Comment

• Originally posted by Lord Avalon View Post
                              When it's the top officials at Penn State who were involved in the cover up, I find the claim that they were "individuals" and are or will be gone insufficient. Penn State should still be punished.
                              Corporate personhood does make sense for a reason.

Furthermore, deterrance wise, it would make sense to shut down the program for conspiracy.
                              “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
                              - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

• God, I find myself somewhat agreeing with Tupac. (the horror)
                                This isn't a rules or recruiting type issue, it's a Criminal issue which the civil authorities have prosecuted. I'm not sure what jurisdiction the NCAA has. The only thing I think would be appropriate would be for all those to be involved not allowed to be involved with the program in the future.

BUT, I wouldn't mind the program getting nailed to the wall.
                                It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
                                RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Working...
                                X