No announcement yet.

College Football 2013 Season

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yes. The Big Ten marketing team is... less than satisfactory.

What was wrong with "Farmageddon"?
    "My nation is the world, and my religion is to do good." --Thomas Paine
    "The subject of onanism is inexhaustable." --Sigmund Freud

Comment

• Also, apropos of nothing, several new rivalrys have been pushed on the Huskers--natural, for the most part (Iowa for geography, Penn St. and Michigan for disputed MNCs)--but I think the team that you guys are going to end up hating the most is (or would be, if only you played them every year) is Wisconsin.

Why?

They were the Big Ten's Nebraska before we had Nebraska. Same color scheme, same crazy-intimidating home crowd, same general historical offensive philosophy: put six or seven adolescents with massive pituitary issues on the line, and here we come, mother****er. The only major difference is that Wisky has never, historically speaking, had a defense to be feared.

Comment

• Originally posted by Guynemer View Post
        Yes. The Big Ten marketing team is... less than satisfactory.

What was wrong with "Farmageddon"?
        It's already taken...

Comment

• Originally posted by Guynemer View Post
          They were the Big Ten's Nebraska before we had Nebraska. Same color scheme, same crazy-intimidating home crowd, same general historical offensive philosophy: put six or seven adolescents with massive pituitary issues on the line, and here we come, mother****er. The only major difference is that Wisky has never, historically speaking, had a defense to be feared.
          They're that way because Barry Alvarez went to Nebraska and modeled his program after Nebraska; the ties between the two programs are still quite close and I see that as a powerful brake on any real hate developing. Also, playing in separate divisions hampers rivalries, as you pointed out and Michigan/Ohio are going to discover.

Comment

• Michigan-OSU are still going to play every year, though.

That's one problem with the way the divisions are set-up, the "protected rivalry" game. Michgan and OSU smack each other around every year, as do Nebraska and PSU. The Spartans, however, get to toy with the Hoosiers year in, year out.

Comment

• Michigan-OSU are still going to play every year, though.

Yes, which is an improvement on what the Big 12 did with Oklahoma/Nebraska, but the game still means less now. It's perfectly possible to have a scenario in which a loss in The Game won't affect the Big Ten championship hopes of one or both teams. Rivalries lose much of their vitality when the stakes are lessened.

Comment

• F*CK F*CK F*CK F*CKITY F*CK!

Michigan just announced that we will be playing Appalachian State again in 2014.

What possible good can come from this? From ANY game against I-AA teams, but especially this one?

Comment

• Guarantee that game gets great ratings (= $$$), though...

In other news, Barnett (future starting TE for the Wolverines, until today) just left the program. What's going on that three players have left in the last couple of weeks?
                  <Reverend> IRC is just multiplayer notepad.
                  I like your SNOOPY POSTER! - While you Wait quote.

Comment

• Isn't Appalachian State moving up to FBS?

Comment

• Maybe, maybe not.

Comment

• Maybe when they beat Michigan again, they'll just take UM's spot in the Big10

Comment

• Hot hot hot!

Time to start afresh, gents.
                          I came upon a barroom full of bad Salon pictures in which men with hats on the backs of their heads were wolfing food from a counter. It was the institution of the "free lunch" I had struck. You paid for a drink and got as much as you wanted to eat. For something less than a rupee a day a man can feed himself sumptuously in San Francisco, even though he be a bankrupt. Remember this if ever you are stranded in these parts. ~ Rudyard Kipling, 1891

Comment

• AND WE ARE UNDERWAY!!!

Louisville beating Murray State 21-3 in the 2nd quarter

Comment

• This years National Champs start their season in less than a half hour!
                              Founder of The Glory of War, CHAMPIONS OF APOLYTON!!!
                              1992-Perot , 1996-Perot , 2000-Bush , 2004-Bush :|, 2008-Obama :|, 2012-Obama , 2016-Clinton , 2020-Biden

Comment

• Apparently, Michigan's opening game will be worked by CRAIG MOTHER****ING JAMES, THAT ****ING ******* GODDAMMIT I'LL HAVE TO WATCH THE GAME ON MUTE ARHAHRAHGHSDGHSDGSAKJGSAKGJAGKFJAFJGAJSDGJAA

Comment

Working...
                                X