No announcement yet.

College Football 2013 Season

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I wonder if Larranaga is enjoying his time in the ACC so far.
    Pool Manager - Lombardi Handicappers League - An NFL Pick 'Em Pool

https://youtu.be/HLNhPMQnWu4

Comment

• I'm waiting for when Joe Pa retires or dies or leaves or whatever and it's revealed that Penn State is actually just a bordello for their players.
      "I hope I get to punch you in the face one day" - MRT144, Imran Siddiqui
      'I'm fairly certain that a ban on me punching you in the face is not a "right" worth respecting." - loinburger

Comment

• Originally posted by Solomwi View Post
        Why would he? I'm pretty sure the NCAA isn't going to force UM to move to Philadelphia for this.
        Well I don't know how bad this is or where it could go but if it's like USC... Al Golden would have a better chance at the post-season with... ah... Temple
        "Flutie was better than Kelly, Elway, Esiason and Cunningham." - Ben Kenobi
        "I have nothing against Wilson, but he's nowhere near the same calibre of QB as Flutie. Flutie threw for 5k+ yards in the CFL." -Ben Kenobi

Comment

• Yes, but he'd have to move back to Philly for that. Home in Miami for bowl season is better than escaping Philly to go to the Military Bowl or Humanitarian Bowl. Besides, it's not like he's going to have to produce results at UM anytime soon.
          Solomwi is very wise. - Imran Siddiqui

Comment

• It's the "Famous Idaho Potato Bowl" now. Worst name change ever.
            "I have nothing against Wilson, but he's nowhere near the same calibre of QB as Flutie. Flutie threw for 5k+ yards in the CFL." -Ben Kenobi

Comment

• Good lord. Still, I don't know that it's any worse than the GoDaddy.com Bowl, or (perhaps my favorite) the Kraft Fight Hunger Bowl.

Comment

• Originally posted by Solomwi View Post
                Good lord. Still, I don't know that it's any worse than the GoDaddy.com Bowl, or (perhaps my favorite) the Kraft Fight Hunger Bowl.
                It's the transition from "Humanitarian Bowl" that gets me.

Comment

• Originally posted by Guynemer View Post
                  I'm a touch too young to remember the whole SMU thing, but based on the "30 For 30" documentary, wouldn't these allegations rise to the level of the Death Penalty (assuming, of course, the NCAA hadn't sworn off such penalties)?
                  I think its like the atomic bomb - the NCAA had no clue how powerful it was until they actually used it. If it didn't completely destroy SMU's football program, Alabama likely would have gotten it in the mid 90s (they likely deserved it as much as SMU).
                  “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
                  - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

• I think Imran's right, though Miami may be a test case for whether it's even a credible deterrent anymore. Of course, the biggest effect the DP had at SMU was mobilizing the academic side to exert more control over the football program, basically making a conscious decision not to go back to being a big-time program. That wouldn't even be a consideration at Alabama. Imran, are you talking about the Albert Means probation? That was early 00s. The mid 90s was Antonio Langham signing with an agent before he was done playing and being declared ineligible.

Comment

• That was some wild stuff happening in Miami...

What a piece of **** football team. Has been like that for decades.
                      I came upon a barroom full of bad Salon pictures in which men with hats on the backs of their heads were wolfing food from a counter. It was the institution of the "free lunch" I had struck. You paid for a drink and got as much as you wanted to eat. For something less than a rupee a day a man can feed himself sumptuously in San Francisco, even though he be a bankrupt. Remember this if ever you are stranded in these parts. ~ Rudyard Kipling, 1891

Comment

• Convicts > Catholics

Comment

• Originally posted by Tupac Shakur View Post
                          What do you think? Plausible outcomes?

Almost boringly so. You may be a little too caught up in Hokemania and little too down on "Ohio", but I didn't find much else to quibble with.
                          Missed this before...

In my more sober, pre-bowl game atrocity moments, I pegged Michigan at likely 8-4 this year, simply on the strength of getting nearly every starter back (plus a couple would-be starters on defense who had been out all 2010 with injuries). With the very definition of addition-by-subtraction via the loss of GERG at DC, I think 9-3 is reasonable.

Really, there isn't a game on the schedule where they've got no chance; the flipside, of course, is that there are only a few where they've got a sure thing.

As to OSU, I think SI just pegged them at the same record as I did, so apparently I'm not alone. Not necessarily right, but not alone.
                          "My nation is the world, and my religion is to do good." --Thomas Paine
                          "The subject of onanism is inexhaustable." --Sigmund Freud

Comment

• Please don't make jokes about Philly, it invites Alby to post in the thread.

Comment

• Now if only the BIG would learn from Iowa and Iowa State, (I just vomited typing that)

The new trophy designed for the winner of the annual Iowa-Iowa State gridiron showdown was scrapped Tuesday as organizers acknowledged it had too much to do with corn and not nearly enough to do with football.

"JOHNSTON, Iowa -- The new trophy designed for the winner of the annual Iowa-Iowa State gridiron showdown was scrapped Tuesday as organizers acknowledged it had too much to do with corn and not nearly enough to do with football."

It isn't too late to rename the divisions!

Comment

• Thank god. The new Cy-Hawk trophy was nearly as stomach-churning as the new Iowa-Nebraska "Heroes Game".

Comment

Working...
                                X