No announcement yet.

College Football 2013 Season

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• No! The whole point is to create a put-up-or-shut-up scenario for Boise State.
    Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
    RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

• With Boise playing that conference schedule, they should just shut up.

Comment

• Originally posted by Guynemer View Post

I wonder how much of the low ratings was the rematch, and how much was it being the first BCS Championship on ESPN.
        I think being on ESPN is only a slight impairment to audience. Like, at most 15%.
        "I hope I get to punch you in the face one day" - MRT144, Imran Siddiqui
        'I'm fairly certain that a ban on me punching you in the face is not a "right" worth respecting." - loinburger

Comment

• Gordon Gee, president of The Ohio State University, in an interview with the student paper, The Lantern, today:

Gee emphatically stood up for Meyer in the Lantern interview, calling him the "finest in the country" and "the greatest affirmation of the quality of this institution."

When asked directly about Bielema's comments, Gee was every bit as emphatic.

"We hired the best coach and we went out and got the best kids -- so get a life," Gee said.

Gee also referred to the NCAA investigation into Tressel and the Buckeye football program that resulted in its 2012 bowl ban as a "yearlong colonoscopy."

We now fervently await Gee's next pledge to cease discussing matters related to football.
          That last statement was a reference to Gee's infamous reference to mid-majors as "little sisters of the poor" in 2010, in the aftermath of which he stated,
          What do I know about college football? I look like Orville Redenbacher. I have no business talking about college football.”
          Ah, the off-season...
          RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

• I think the 'Why's Wisconsin here?' is going to be between Wisconsin and Ohio State year after year and Bielema is just trying to create a rivaly between the two schools.
            Founder of The Glory of War, CHAMPIONS OF APOLYTON!!!
            1992-Perot , 1996-Perot , 2000-Bush , 2004-Bush :|, 2008-Obama :|, 2012-Obama , 2016-Clinton , 2020-Biden

Comment

• Rumor has it the Temple Owls are going to be back in the Big East as all-sport members. An announcement next week.
              "Flutie was better than Kelly, Elway, Esiason and Cunningham." - Ben Kenobi
              "I have nothing against Wilson, but he's nowhere near the same calibre of QB as Flutie. Flutie threw for 5k+ yards in the CFL." -Ben Kenobi

Comment

• It took longer than a week to come out, but you did hear it here first:

Temple football will begin play in the Big East this upcoming season, a source confirmed Wednesday to ESPN's Joe Schad.
                "Flutie was better than Kelly, Elway, Esiason and Cunningham." - Ben Kenobi
                "I have nothing against Wilson, but he's nowhere near the same calibre of QB as Flutie. Flutie threw for 5k+ yards in the CFL." -Ben Kenobi

Comment

• What's wrong with this T-shirt?

Comment

• Oh, Aggies...
                    "My nation is the world, and my religion is to do good." --Thomas Paine
                    "The subject of onanism is inexhaustable." --Sigmund Freud

Comment

• If you answered, "Where's Missouri and Texas?" As well as "Why's North Carolina on there?" You would be correct.

Comment

• Missouri and Texas were left off intentionally.
                        Pool Manager - Lombardi Handicappers League - An NFL Pick 'Em Pool

https://youtu.be/HLNhPMQnWu4

Comment

• Originally posted by ColdWizard View Post
                          Missouri and Texas were left off intentionally.
                          That's less fun.

Comment

• North Carolina being on there is enough fun.
                            Pool Manager - Lombardi Handicappers League - An NFL Pick 'Em Pool

https://youtu.be/HLNhPMQnWu4

Comment

• Only two years left for college football. Hopefully it'll go out with a bang.

Comment

• No matter what they decide, it will be both reviled and embraced.

Comment

Working...
                                X