No announcement yet.

NHL Playoffs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The classiness of Canucks fans knows no bounds.

Fleury taunted by tasteless tweeting

This past week, former NHL star Theo Fleury opined on Twitter that the league-leading Vancouver Canucks were a likely first-round upset victim. Fleury isn’t a fan of Canucks goaltender Roberto Luongo. We heard similar comments from Fleury when he was a guest on a radio show we hosted recently.

Hey, everyone’s entitled to his opinion on Twitter – especially a player who starred at the top level of the NHL and won a Stanley Cup. But Fleury’s provocative comments brought out haters on Twitter with some of the most vile comments imaginable about a man who was sexually abused by his junior coach Graham James and who has battled substance addiction.

We’ll give Canucks fans the benefit of the doubt that the wits who soiled Twitter were not representing the vast fan base of the team. (This is also not the first time similar comments about Fleury have been posted on Twitter.)

Usually such bile is known only to the victim, but the uncensored Twitter has subjected the general public to this level of commentary. Sadly, Fleury himself is used to hearing such dreck (you might better understand why he and James’s other victims were reluctant to publicly reveal they’d been abused). In his Twitter account he shrugged off the comments. “@TheoFleury14 had to deal with years ago. They’ve sided with the sex offenders.”

Clearly it’s a stigma some people are not willing to forget. Which says more about the perpetrators of hate than it does about Fleury.
    They didn't provide any examples of the comments for obvious reasons.
    "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
    Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

That's pretty bad.
      (\__/)
      (='.'=)
      (")_(") This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your signature to help him gain world domination.

Comment

The playoff race in the west is insane. Will the Hawks make it?
        And indeed there will be time To wonder, "Do I dare?" and, "Do I dare?". t s eliot

Comment

They better make it. I'd hate to see them win the Cup and then not even make playoffs. They really need Sharp back. Biggest problems are not passing as crisply as they did last year and need more scoring. Too many times guys make a extra pass instead of taking a shot. C'mon Hawks, don't disappoint us.

Comment

Thrilled to see Daymond Langkow back. Hasn't played hockey in over a year since taking a slapshot to the back and suffering serious injury. Most thought he'd be done for good.

Not only was he back, he was stellar in his first game back and got a point with a beauty feed.

Masterton Trophy nod
            "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."

Comment

The sound of the Canucks being awesome is just too cool Can't wait for the playoffs.

Comment

They didn't provide any examples of the comments for obvious reasons.
                I don't think Theo Fleury minds the attention either.

Comment

Stay classy, Ben.

In more interesting news: Iginla has 1001 career points with the Flames, and entire Oilers lineup tonight has 807. Stat courtesy Jim Matheson.

Comment

Comment

Cool, sadly they won't be making the playoffs.

Comment

After a stumble last night on a why make that call last night that led to a power play OT goal, the Hawks get a break and a nice goal by their Captain to get a much needed two points. Two more points will guarantee them a spot but they have a home and home against the Wings, so it won't be easy, even though Detroit not playing well.

Has there ever been a longer replay in hockey? It took at least 7-1/2 minutes to check it out but the longer it went the more I was convinced the goal would stand. Whew!

Comment

I'm more upset they did so well the past couple months than anything else. Missed a good draft pick.

Comment

Originally posted by Asher View Post

Comment

Well the Hawks win means that Calgary can only finish 8th at best. So they are locked into the Canucks.

I think an Anaheim win or Calgary loss eliminates them now.

Comment

Originally posted by Asher View Post

Comment

Working...
                                X