No announcement yet.

It's The Ashes!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

An unmitigated disaster, these Ashes. Frightful show.

Comment

Originally posted by Cort Haus View Post
      And which two grounds, Laz?
      WACA for one.... So far anyway. There's still time, and we only need to draw the series! (Positive thinking there)

Comment

ah that's more like, a good old english batting collapse...1-1, getting interesting now.
        "The Christian way has not been tried and found wanting, it has been found to be hard and left untried" - GK Chesterton.

"The most obvious predicition about the future is that it will be mostly like the past" - Alain de Botton

Comment

Ah. Normal service resumed.

Comment

Punters

Originally posted by Cort Haus View Post
            Ah. Punter's normal service resumed.
            One day Canada will rule the world, and then we'll all be sorry.

Comment

I couldn't believe the first day score when I heard it this morning.

Comment

I watched the morning session, and then went to bed. I think I stayed watching longer than most of the crowd at the game.

I had a nice long kip this afternoon, as I want to stay up watching later tonight.

Comment

Naughty stuff from Punter, arguing with the Umpire after the 3rd Ump had made the correct referred decision.

Comment

Either we see the Ashes retained, or a fightback that will go down in history. For England supporters it's a win/win situation.
                    The genesis of the "evil Finn" concept- Evil, evil Finland

Comment

Apparently Pieterson told Punter it had hit his bat and it was worth appealing.

Also, when Anderson lost his wicket, Trott took his guard again because he was in the zone.

Oh, and:

Comment

Originally posted by duke o' york View Post
                        Apparently Pieterson told Punter it had hit his bat and it was worth appealing.
                        classic

i can't believe ponting will survive this latest defeat, but time will tell.
                        "The Christian way has not been tried and found wanting, it has been found to be hard and left untried" - GK Chesterton.

"The most obvious predicition about the future is that it will be mostly like the past" - Alain de Botton

Comment

Comment

Punters will go down in ignomy.

Comment

Headline writers across the world gutted:

Aussies bring in Beer as their spinner for the final test, but Dougie Bollinger is injured.

Comment

Borrowed from CG.

How I rank the two sides, based on Ashes 2010/11 so far.

England:

Good- Cook, Trott, Prior, Swann, Anderson, Tremlett.

Average- Strauss, Pietersen, Bell, Bresnan (would be a better rating if he'd played more than one match), Finn.

Crap- Collingwood.

Unknown- Shahzad.

Australia:

Good- Hussey, Haddin.

Average- Watson, Smith, Siddle.

Baffling veering from Crap to Brilliant- Johnson.

Crap- Clarke, Hughes, Hilfenhaus.

Unknown- Khawaja, Beer.
                                The genesis of the "evil Finn" concept- Evil, evil Finland

Comment

Working...
                                X