No announcement yet.

Throwback Uniforms Appreciation Thread!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Throwback Uniforms Appreciation Thread!

I can't be the only one that loves when teams roll out the throwbacks. Quite often many of them look better than the current uniforms.

Here's two of my favorites:

Colts:

Old school no logo blue helmet with twin horseshoes at the back and a white crest.

Steelers:

I so prefer the yellow helmets.
    "Flutie was better than Kelly, Elway, Esiason and Cunningham." - Ben Kenobi
    "I have nothing against Wilson, but he's nowhere near the same calibre of QB as Flutie. Flutie threw for 5k+ yards in the CFL." -Ben Kenobi

Originally posted by Al B. Sure! View Post
    I can't be the only one that loves when teams roll out the throwbacks. Quite often many of them look better than the current uniforms.
    You'll get no support from me.
    Captain of Team Apolyton - ISDG 2012

When I was younger I thought curfews were silly, but now as the daughter of a young woman, I appreciate them. - Rah

Comment

Powder blue Chargers uniforms

Best uniforms ever. The old Steelers ones are super ugly though
      “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
      - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

This thread is pretty gay, even for a football thread...
        "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
        Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

There's plenty of sweater design love in hockey. Is that gay as well?
          Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
          RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

Yes. Very.
            "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."

Comment

Atlanta Flames

Comment

Originally posted by Asher View Post
                This thread is pretty gay, even for a football thread...
                It doesn't have to be football... all sports have throwbacks.

Imran, I'm bizarre because I really like the yellow helmet Steelers. I think it looks cool. I'm also not a huge fan of the powder blues. I like it (especially with the old school numbers on the helmet which I think only the Chargers, Broncos, and Browns do with their throwbacks) but I really was a fan of the 90's Chargers and their dark blue with dark Dan Fouts-era helmets:

"I have nothing against Wilson, but he's nowhere near the same calibre of QB as Flutie. Flutie threw for 5k+ yards in the CFL." -Ben Kenobi

Comment

And you can't talk about the yellow-helmet Steelers being super ugly... this is the super ugly Steelers throwback... this abomination:

The Bears have a very similar throwback with the same stripped pattern but I can't find a picture... yuck.

Comment

Remember proper context Imran... you can't say the Steelers ones I like are super ugly when these uniforms exist...

Brown and yellow sounds worse than it looks but the socks! holy crap!

Buccaneers creamsicles

And the WORST JERSEY EVER!

Comment

I didn't realize that uniform aesthetics had to be relative.
                      “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
                      - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

Originally posted by Imran Siddiqui View Post
                        I didn't realize that uniform aesthetics had to be relative.
                        Aesthetics is all relative...

Comment

Originally posted by Al B. Sure! View Post
                          Remember proper context Imran... you can't say the Steelers ones I like are super ugly when these uniforms exist...

Brown and yellow sounds worse than it looks but the socks! holy crap!
                          I never knew UPS sponsored an NFL team...
                          Tutto nel mondo è burla

Comment

Working...
                          X