AHL- Apolyton Hockey League 10/11: Preseason

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Asher View Post
    My auction team is abysmal. I never recovered from the botched draft.

But I've been thrilled with my regular league.
    My regular team was abysmal-- First poly team I ever had that didn't make the playoffs-- My auction team was pretty good but in the quarters lost a very close matchup when my goalies completely let me down IIRC-- I think in the end a single goal could have reversed things--

C'est la vie

In any event -- my congratulations to the victors whomever they may be (I will probably drop in again next week to do it properly )

As an aside I won't be playing next year in any poly leagues. I don't come around here anymore-- this is my first visit in -- months ?? Plus I played another league with active managers where trading and banter was common (Its a keeper league too which adds to the challenge ) so thats probably the only one I will do next year

I just busier at work-- I took a lead position and now have 10 people reporting to me .. . Its cold by the the drive through window .. . . but otherwise its great j/k

Cheers everyone and take care
    You don't get to 300 losses without being a pretty exceptional goaltender.-- Ben Kenobi speaking of Roberto Luongo

Comment

• I was wondering where you were.

Good luck with the job.
      (\__/)
      (='.'=)
      (")_(") This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your signature to help him gain world domination.

Comment

• Yay. 1st place. Took the last matchup 7-1, though Sparrow put up a helluva fight.
        "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
        Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

• Originally posted by notyoueither View Post
          I was wondering where you were.

Good luck with the job.
          Thanks-- Ya I finally jumper from a lawyer role into a manager role-- I am finding that many of the skills are transferable but it is hard to delegate when you are used to being the guy that does things. I sometimes feel like I am at far too many meetings but its an interesting change. The beauty of it is that I am seconded over from my regular job so any time I care to go back, I have my old job waiting.
          You don't get to 300 losses without being a pretty exceptional goaltender.-- Ben Kenobi speaking of Roberto Luongo

Comment

• AHL - Apolyton Hockey League 10/11, Regular League 2010-2011

League Champion: ASHER!

Final results:

1. The Pantless Pirates (Asher)
            2. Ice Hawks (Sparrowhawk)
            3. Calamitous Intent (Guynemer)
            4. The Skanky Skaters (woollyleanne)
            5. Catalina Wine Mixers (Kontiki)
            6. FullMetalBlueJackets (joncha)

Consolation:
            7. Road Kill (notyoueither)
            8. Flubber's Folly (Flubber)
            9. Blaine's Bruisers (Cavalcadeus)
            10. Haunted House Boos (mrboo)

Regular season:

Code:
            1. 	  	The Pantless Pirates (Asher) 		101-62-13  	215 pts
            2. 	  	The Skanky Skaters (woollyleanne) 	94-71-11  	199 pts 	
            3. 	  	Catalina Wine Mixers (Kontiki) 		90-72-14 	194 pts
            4. 	  	FullMetalBlueJackets (joncha) 		82-73-21  	185 pts
            5. 	  	Calamitous Intent (Guynemer)		84-76-16  	184 pts
            6. 	  	Ice Hawks (Sparrowhawk) 		84-81-11	179 pts
            7. 	  	Blaine's Bruisers (Cavalcadeus) 	75-87-14 	164 pts
            8. 	  	Road Kill (notyoueither) 		71-84-21 	163 pts
            9. 	  	Haunted House Boos (MrBoo) 		73-94-9 	155 pts
            10. 	  	Flubber's Folly (Flubber) 		53-107-16 	122 pts
            Last edited by Asher; April 11, 2011, 13:12.
            "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."

Comment

• Congrats to you, you miserable ****.
              "My nation is the world, and my religion is to do good." --Thomas Paine
              "The subject of onanism is inexhaustable." --Sigmund Freud

Comment

• I hereby award myself The President's Trophy.

Comment

• Originally posted by Guynemer View Post
                  Congrats to you, you miserable ****.
                  Ditto

and thus ends my worst ever year of fantasy hockey-- ta ta

Comment

• My year was fantastic if you forget the auction league exists.

Comment

• This was a crappy year for me in both leagues... I don't even know why...
                      Former President, Vice-president and Foreign Minister of the Apolyton Civ2-Democracy Games as 123john321

Comment

• Congrats Asher, in the end it wasn't even close, but there were a few categories I thought I might be able to catch up, I just needed to catch up in all of those close ones to even tie you.

Good league all, I was happier with my Auction League than my Regular League all season, but in the end it was my regular league that won when it counted.

I find it ironic that I pushed for us to replace Shutouts this year with another Goalie stat, and then ended out with the League leader in shutouts (Lundqvist) in both drafts. Karma I suppose .

Shame to lose you Flubber, but I hear what you are saying, no much activity in our drafts, either in banter or in trades/player moves. I can see where a keeper league with more of both would get your even more limited time. I too spend very little time on Apolyton lately, but it's always sad to see a long term member disappear.

Enjoy the playoffs everyone.....and draft of course

/me
                        "Clearly I'm missing the thread some of where the NFL actually is." - Ben Kenobi on his NFL knowledge

Comment

• Thanks Sparrow. It was a lot closer than the final score suggested.

Comment

• Congrats, Asher
                            ~ If Tehben spits eggs at you, jump on them and throw them back. ~ Eventis ~ Eventis Dungeons & Dragons 6th Age Campaign: Chapter 1, Chapter 2, Chapter 3, Chapter 4: (Unspeakable) Horror on the Hill ~

Comment

• Originally posted by Sparrowhawk View Post

Shame to lose you Flubber, but I hear what you are saying, no much activity in our drafts, either in banter or in trades/player moves. I can see where a keeper league with more of both would get your even more limited time. I too spend very little time on Apolyton lately, but it's always sad to see a long term member disappear.

Thanks sparrow-- I'll pop in now and again-- I have had a little flurry this week but I don't play smac/x anymore and the OT has lost its allure.

Oh and my other league was great for trades and moves. There were 14 managers each with a twenty-five player roster. Twelve of the 14 managers had 34 "moves" or more and there were 23 trades on the year . I made two big ones and got Lundqvist at mid-season and later got Bobby Ryan at the trade deadline (I gave up 8 non-keeper but good players in return for Ryan and his discards). I finished 9th overall (goaltending KILLED me until I got Lundqvist)

OH and here are my 8 keepers for next season-- what do you think

Pat Kane
                              Danny Briere
                              Shea Weber
                              Bobby Ryan
                              Matt Duchene
                              H. Lundqvist
                              Craig Anderson
                              Michael Neuvirth

I think its a solid squad to start-- no superstars but I drafted 13th or 14. I am now hopeful for my goalies and I hope to find I have three solid starters next year and thats pretty rarein a 14 manager league. Next year I get 5th pick and will be very interested to see what people keep and what they drop. Hall, Eberle, Segui? Drop or keep ?? Personally I have no tough decisions. Outside my top 8 it drops to folks like Cleary, Jones or Purcell.

Its a tough group of active managers and I quite like it

Overall I had a sucky year in all my leagues largely because I believed in many of the same folks that did not perform well- c'est la vie though

Comment

Working...
                              X