Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by notyoueither View Post
    Did he break his leg last week?
    Nope but given identical points per game average as Daniel almost every year I know I kinda assumed Daniel would go first of the two

I don't know why Asher finds it 'interesting"
    You don't get to 300 losses without being a pretty exceptional goaltender.-- Ben Kenobi speaking of Roberto Luongo

Comment

• I just have my doubts that he's better than Daniel (only reason he was ahead of Henrik as far as I can tell was due to his injury...but Daniel historically scores more goals). I also have my doubts that he'll repeat last year's season this year.
      "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
      Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

• Originally posted by Asher View Post
        I just have my doubts that he's better than Daniel (only reason he was ahead of Henrik as far as I can tell was due to his injury...but Daniel historically scores more goals). I also have my doubts that he'll repeat last year's season this year.

There seem to be a fair number of pundits that expect both Sedins to regress a little this year offensively but then again there are a fair number who seem to think even greater things await. Drafting 3rd I knew Sid and Ovie were givens and the so called "expert" sources I consulted were all over the map as to which player was likely to be 3rd . . they seemed to bunch a group of guys around the same projected scoring pace.

So far no surprises-- (well except I am personally surprised whenever anyone doesn't take Ovechkin first)
        You don't get to 300 losses without being a pretty exceptional goaltender.-- Ben Kenobi speaking of Roberto Luongo

Comment

• Anyone know if Guynemer is around? I know we have lots of time but once I get into these things I am always hopeful to keep it moving--hmmm Stamkos, Sedin, Parise, Miller, Luongo are the next 5 ranked--- err Guy?? Any chance you want to trade away your pick??

Comment

• I've PMed Guy in case Cav didn't.
            (\__/)
            (='.'=)
            (")_(") This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your signature to help him gain world domination.

Comment

• They finally fixed PM email notification, so hopefully that helps.
              "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."

Comment

• Originally posted by notyoueither View Post
                I've PMed Guy in case Cav didn't.
                Excellent-- Guy is generally around so I don't imagine it would be a long wait in any event

Comment

• It would hardly help me-- I usually log in here before my email when we are drafting

Comment

• 1.1 woollyleanne - Sidney Crosby (PIT - C)
                    1.2 Asher - Alexander Ovechkin (WAS - LW)
                    1.3 Flubber-- Nicklas Backstrom (WAS-C)
                    1.4 notyoueither - Henrik Sedin (VAN - C)
                    1.5 Cavalcadeus - Evgeni Malkin (PIT - C)
                    1.6 Guynemer - Dany Heatley (SJ - LW/RW)
                    1.7 Kontiki
                    1.8 Sparrowhawk
                    1.9 joncha
                    1.10 mrboo123

2.1 mrboo123
                    2.2 joncha
                    2.3 Sparrowhawk
                    2.4 Kontiki
                    2.5 Guynemer
                    2.6 Cavalcadeus
                    2.7 notyoueither
                    2.8 Flubber
                    2.9 Asher
                    2.10 woollyleanne

Might be a slight reach, but he might not be available by my next pick and I love position flexibility.
                    "My nation is the world, and my religion is to do good." --Thomas Paine
                    "The subject of onanism is inexhaustable." --Sigmund Freud

Comment

• "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."

Comment

• Originally posted by Guynemer View Post

Might be a slight reach, but he might not be available by my next pick and I love position flexibility.
                        I don't know that I would have reached quite that far but your logic on position flexibility is sound. I had him as a player I wanted for the same reason but I was almost completely certain he would not be around for my next pick

Comment

• I believe this is the first time I've taken a goalie with my first pick. I'm still not totally comfortable with it, but what the hell...

1.1 woollyleanne - Sidney Crosby (PIT - C)
                          1.2 Asher - Alexander Ovechkin (WAS - LW)
                          1.3 Flubber-- Nicklas Backstrom (WAS-C)
                          1.4 notyoueither - Henrik Sedin (VAN - C)
                          1.5 Cavalcadeus - Evgeni Malkin (PIT - C)
                          1.6 Guynemer - Dany Heatley (SJ - LW/RW)
                          1.7 Kontiki - Ryan Miller (BUF - G)
                          1.8 Sparrowhawk
                          1.9 joncha
                          1.10 mrboo123

2.1 mrboo123
                          2.2 joncha
                          2.3 Sparrowhawk
                          2.4 Kontiki
                          2.5 Guynemer
                          2.6 Cavalcadeus
                          2.7 notyoueither
                          2.8 Flubber
                          2.9 Asher
                          2.10 woollyleanne
                          "The French caused the war [Persian Gulf war, 1991]" - Ned
                          "you people who bash Bush have no appreciation for one of the great presidents in our history." - Ned
                          "I wish I had gay sex in the boy scouts" - Dissident

Comment

• Ahh asher -- in the wink wink world don't we all love position flexibility ???

Comment

• Originally posted by Kontiki View Post
                              I believe this is the first time I've taken a goalie with my first pick. I'm still not totally comfortable with it, but what the hell...
                              e
                              I wondered who would pop the goalie cork.-- you should still get a decent scorer at pick 14--

Comment

• Clearly, the coffee has yet to kick in.
                                "My nation is the world, and my religion is to do good." --Thomas Paine
                                "The subject of onanism is inexhaustable." --Sigmund Freud

Comment

Working...
                                X