No announcement yet.

AHL- Apolyton Hockey League 10/11: Preseason

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sparrow, assuming i'm not playing, feel free to send me lists - i'm usually on.
    <Reverend> IRC is just multiplayer notepad.
    I like your SNOOPY POSTER! - While you Wait quote.

Comment

I'm good to start whenever.
      "My nation is the world, and my religion is to do good." --Thomas Paine
      "The subject of onanism is inexhaustable." --Sigmund Freud

Comment

My internet time is fairly limited too, so I'll probably have to send somebody a list as well. Failing that, BAPAY is always an option.
        ~ If Tehben spits eggs at you, jump on them and throw them back. ~ Eventis ~ Eventis Dungeons & Dragons 6th Age Campaign: Chapter 1, Chapter 2, Chapter 3, Chapter 4: (Unspeakable) Horror on the Hill ~

Comment

Originally posted by notyoueither View Post
          We could do what the NHL does. Newbs pick first (in expansion years) followed by a bottom to top order from the previous regular season standings (but keep the snake, the NHL does not do the snake).
          Again an interesting idea but it seems more relevant to keeper leagues. If nothing else from the prior year carries over, it makes just as much sense to randomize the draft order.

In our particular league it seems like many of the same folks congregate at the top of the standings regardless of when they draft. Going first and grabbing Ovechkin is all well and good but then you could see 18 or 22 picks go by before you get to pick again
          You don't get to 300 losses without being a pretty exceptional goaltender.-- Ben Kenobi speaking of Roberto Luongo

Comment

Firming up the list of managers at 10. Unless something dramatic happens, it looks like we are it.

Cavalcadeus still needs to join the league on Yahoo. Until he does I will not be able to enter draft picks on Yahoo so it may get hairy for people relying on Yahoo lists to see who is available.

mrboo123
            Guynemer
            Asher
            Sparrowhawk
            notyoueither
            Flubber
            woollyleanne
            joncha
            Kontiki
            Cavalcadeus*

* needs to join league

Interested as an alternate

snoopy369
            Imran

snoop has generously volunteered to help Sparrowhawk with the draft. That should help keep things moving. I'm thinking we'll get the draft set up this weekend and begin the first round Monday or Tuesday. We can start to draft without starting the timer on BAPAYs until we have everyone's attention.
            (\__/)
            (='.'=)
            (")_(") This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your signature to help him gain world domination.

Comment

Sounds good-- I think last time we started and had a round done before the official supposed start time
              You don't get to 300 losses without being a pretty exceptional goaltender.-- Ben Kenobi speaking of Roberto Luongo

Comment

I should be available to draft most of the time. I'm going to be gone on Thursdays for the rest of the month, but every other weekday I'll be on. Well, after I figure out how to long on at work.
                Former President, Vice-president and Foreign Minister of the Apolyton Civ2-Democracy Games as 123john321

Comment

The list I PMed to Flubber, Robert Plomp, Jon Miller, and Imran.

Cavalcadeus
                  Kontiki
                  joncha
                  woollyleanne
                  Flubber
                  notyoueither
                  Sparrowhawk
                  Asher
                  Guynemer
                  mrboo123

The first randomised sequence posted here

Putting them together, we get:
                  1. woollyleanne
                  2. Asher
                  3. Flubber
                  4. notyoueither
                  5. Cavalcadeus
                  6. Guynemer
                  7. Kontiki
                  8. Sparrowhawk
                  9. joncha
                  10. mrboo123
                  (\__/)
                  (='.'=)
                  (")_(") This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your signature to help him gain world domination.

Comment

Son of a whore.
                    "My nation is the world, and my religion is to do good." --Thomas Paine
                    "The subject of onanism is inexhaustable." --Sigmund Freud

Comment

The first two rounds. The second post of this thread has the complete list for 14 rounds to make for easy cut and paste.

1.1 woollyleanne
                      1.2 Asher
                      1.3 Flubber
                      1.4 notyoueither
                      1.5 Cavalcadeus
                      1.6 Guynemer
                      1.7 Kontiki
                      1.8 Sparrowhawk
                      1.9 joncha
                      1.10 mrboo123

2.1 mrboo123
                      2.2 joncha
                      2.3 Sparrowhawk
                      2.4 Kontiki
                      2.5 Guynemer
                      2.6 Cavalcadeus
                      2.7 notyoueither
                      2.8 Flubber
                      2.9 Asher
                      2.10 woollyleanne
                      (\__/)
                      (='.'=)

Comment

So is the draft starting now? We should start a new thread, no?
                        "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
                        Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

I was thinking this one has only 80-some posts. It should fit the draft. However, if you prefer a seperate thread feel free to make one.
                          (\__/)
                          (='.'=)

Comment

This should be fine I guess. I let Leanne know. She'll probably have her pick tomorrow.
                            "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
                            Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

There is no huge hurry at this point. I'd like for everyone to check in before we start any clocks, and Cav to join the league on Yahoo so I can enter draft picks round by round to help to keep things clear for everyone.

Also, could somebody double check the settings. I will not be able to modify some of them after I begin entering draft picks.
                              (\__/)
                              (='.'=)

Comment

I've been 1st alot, never last...
                                Former President, Vice-president and Foreign Minister of the Apolyton Civ2-Democracy Games as 123john321

Comment

Working...
                                X