No announcement yet.

Rugby - The Game They Play In Heaven II

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• And 999 other things. Very versatile word is stronzo.
    " ... and the following morning I should see the Boks wallop the Wallabies again?" - Havak
    "The only thing worse than being quoted in someone's sig is not being quoted in someone's sig." - finbar, with apologies to Oscar Wilde.

Comment

• Versatile like Austin Healey?
      It is better to keep silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt

Comment

• No, but he is one.
        " ... and the following morning I should see the Boks wallop the Wallabies again?" - Havak
        "The only thing worse than being quoted in someone's sig is not being quoted in someone's sig." - finbar, with apologies to Oscar Wilde.

Comment

• It is better to keep silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt

Comment

• Good heavens. I saw the Leicester half-time score on the internet and assumed an easy day. The next score I saw was full time. And a scoreline resembling a Tri Nations match. Then I saw a replay of poor old G. Murphy's embarrassment at the end. And in front of a Wasps crowd. Who knew that losing J. Staunton could ever make such a difference to a team?

And Exeter win again! And Treviso beat Leinster!

Comment

• And Treviso beat Leinster
              Damn. Stepped into the twilight zone once again.
              Clash of Civilization team member
              (a civ-like game whose goal is low micromanagement and good AI)
              web site http://clash.apolyton.net/frame/index.shtml and forum here on apolyton)

Comment

• You no doubt saw Havak sitting in the corner with his head in his hands, sobbing.

Comment

• I had a week off. With perfect timing.

I refuse to discuss the second half against Wasps. I'm still quite livid about it.

But my word Leeds are in trouble this season - hot favourites to go down in my books. The forwards look like they have indulged in my pie hobby a little too much....
                  It is better to keep silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt

Comment

• Leeds are in alot of trouble.

I think Sale have seen this and have decided they don't need to win any more games this season

Comment

• Sale have restructured entirely though haven't they? Ditched large parts of the foreign legion of previouis years? It's a rebuilding season for them surely?

Surprised that Backy isn't in trouble for his comments about the referee last saturday - he essentially suggested the referee policed the scrums based on the mythology of Welford Road rather than what was actually happening. He was wrong for me - I thought the Leeds props, the yank in particular, couldn't cope with the power they were facing at the engagement.

Comment

• Last season was a restructuring season for Sale.

Comment

• It takes more than a season when the changes are fundamental - look at Wasps (win against us aside). As long as they stay up this season they will have done what is needed. As fans we like to see more of course.

And for me both Leeds and Newcastle look more likely to drop anyway?

Comment

• Depends whether Exeter can keep going. Newcastle are obviously missing their handy prop who nicked off over the pond.

Comment

• Well yes any side would miss him - but they looked generally weak in the forwards last season too after their first culling of the squad.

The thing with the likes of Hayman and Chris Jack is their holidays in the UK lacked ambition - they joined clubs where a modicum of research would have told them they were not going to get any silverware or play on the biggest European stages.

Comment

• Newcastle would have reminded Carl of home - desolate, cultureless.

Comment

Working...
                                X