No announcement yet.

Rugby - The Game They Play In Heaven II

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The pity is that Cipriani isn't untalented. The problem is the baggage that comes with the talent. He's learned nothing playing in Melbourne, his defence is still ****e, he hasn't grown up. I have no idea why Diamond wants him either. I suspect he has succumbed to the Cipriani buzz.
    " ... and the following morning I should see the Boks wallop the Wallabies again?" - Havak
    "The only thing worse than being quoted in someone's sig is not being quoted in someone's sig." - finbar, with apologies to Oscar Wilde.

Comment

• He actually looks unfit these days. His window should have passed with England - the immediate future is going to be Farrell with youngsters like Ford chasing behind. But lets be honest Flood is a more reliable pair of hands too. At 24 Cipriani has very nearly missed that bus for good. He really needed to focus on his rugby but as we all know he gets easily distracted (but then Kelly would have distracted me too).

I can only echo your sentiments chaps - why would Sale do this?
      It is better to keep silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt

Comment

• Flood, Youngs and Waldrom have been released (the first two to get more game time) but Lancaster has held onto Tuilagi it seems. Manu needs game time too so it is a strange decision.

Look for me in the Caterpillar stand on sunday as we meet our old friends Glaws. I'll be the big lad in the Tigers shirt (should narrow it down in a stand that holds 10,000?) I am normally in the Crumbie on the other side of the ground but have been treated to tickets elsewhere by someone who owes me a favour. Also treated to an 'open bar'. Expect no posts from me after the game. Or Monday.

Have I mentioned that Kingsholm is a rather unique ground in English rugby - with no top flight soccer sides anywhere near the Gloucester crowd has a different demographic to most grounds and you tend to get soccer style chanting (that is destructive and rude to the oppo rather than the supportive chanting for the home side at most other grounds). They also boo opposition scores (which takes some getting used to for someone used to Welford Road where the opposition is shown respect when they score - even the likes of Wasps and Sarries).

There is by the way a common wisdon in the Premiership that Sarries are being rather creative with the salary cap. Craig Doyle, who presents the ITV highlights, had an amusing verbal dance with Cockerill last weekend as he desperately tried to get him to accuse Sarries of it on record. Richard handled himself well simply saying that maybe Sarries lads signed up for lower salaries than his boys given it was a club "that everyone wants to play for". There was a delicious twinkle in his eye. I've said before he is cleverer than his anger management issues during games sometimes suggests.
        Last edited by Havak; March 1, 2012, 07:11. Reason: never could spell proper
        It is better to keep silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt

Comment

• Right, I've had enough of being a teacher, help me win some bets. Just bold who you think will win, both for a draw

Finbar, can you cover the Top14? I'll remember you when I'm rich

Aviva Premiership Rugby

Newcastle v Harlequins, 19:45

RaboDirect PRO12

Aironi v Leinster, 18:00

Ospreys v Glasgow, 19:05

Ulster v Edinburgh, 19:05

Scarlets v Connacht, 19:30

Super 15

Chiefs v Blues, Lg, 06:35

Melbourne Rebels v Waratahs, Lg, 08:40

Lions v Hurricanes, Lg, 17:10

Aviva Premiership Rugby

Bath v Worcester, 14:15

Exeter v Sale, 15:00

Wasps v London Irish, 15:00

RaboDirect PRO12

Treviso v Cardiff Blues, 15:30

Newport-Gwent D'gons v Munster, 18:30

Super 15

Highlanders v Crusaders, Lg, 06:35

Reds v Western Force, Lg, 08:40

Cheetahs v Bulls, Lg, 15:05

Stormers v Sharks, Lg, 17:10

Sunday, 4 March 2012

RBS Six Nations

France v Ireland, 15:00

Aviva Premiership Rugby

Leicester v Gloucester, 13:00

Saracens v Northampton, 17:00

And now for the Frenchies...

Fri - 2nd Mar 12

Toulon vs Montpellier

Sat - 3rd Mar 12

Brive vs Stade Francais

Agen vs Perpignan

Biarritz vs Bordeaux-Begles

Racing Metro Paris vs Bayonne

Clermont Auvergne vs Toulouse

Castres vs Lyon
          Last edited by kittenOFchaos; March 1, 2012, 17:12.

Comment

• Cripes, kOc, you're a demon on the punt! I can give you my S15 tips from my S15 tipping comp because they're the only ones I've finalised. Although it's only week two and there's some very rusty rugby being played with some strange results last week:

Blues (I tipped them, but they're currently copping a pasting from the Chiefs!)
            Waratahs
            Hurricanes (though this one could go either way)
            Crusaders
            Reds
            Bulls
            Stormers

There is by the way a common wisdon in the Premiership that Sarries are being rather creative with the salary cap.
            I read or heard somewhere that funds pass through South African bank accounts.
            " ... and the following morning I should see the Boks wallop the Wallabies again?" - Havak
            "The only thing worse than being quoted in someone's sig is not being quoted in someone's sig." - finbar, with apologies to Oscar Wilde.

Comment

• That would make sense.

*edit* I should say btw that if they are ever caught red handed that myself and fans of clubs playing by the rules do not consider a fine to be sufficient punishment. Personally I would be happy to see them wound up - their current club culture under die Bok takeover is the anti-thesis of what rugby should be about (it seems to me to be "win at any cost, cheat and ride roughshod all over everyone else"). However a more appropriate punishment would be to drop them two divisions perhaps.

I would like to see it - but I doubt anyone involved in running APR has the intestinal fortitude to carry it out.

In the meantime I will settle for seeing them lose on the field as often as possible.

Bit pushed for time but I'll go these two for now:

Leicester v Gloucester, 13:00

Saracens v Northampton, 17:00
              Last edited by Havak; March 2, 2012, 05:45.

Comment

• The Celtic tips for what they're worth:

Leinster
                Hairsprays
                Ulster
                Scarlets
                Blues - only because most of the Treviso team is the Italian team and they're absent.
                Munster

And the Prem tips for what they're worth:

Quins
                Bath - but with no confidence.
                Sharks - ditto!
                Irish - double ditto!
                Tigers - because they're at home, though that Glaws backline could surprise!
                Saints
                Last edited by finbar; March 2, 2012, 07:02. Reason: Catching up

Comment

• It could Finbar - but as that would ruin my sunday jolly it had better not. I think we may well squeeze the life out of them up front.

In other news I don't think Hawkes Bay are going to find Mulipola goes there voluntarily now - he seems quite taken with Tigers.

Irish because Wasps need to lose every game they play
                  Newcastle purely out of hope - the real tip is Quins

Bath and Exeter purely based on home advantage.

France for being at home.

The Celtic, French and S15 fixtures I am not well enough genned up on.

Comment

• It's Irish's last chance as far as I'm concerned. If they can't beat Wasps ... I agree about Bath, not sure about Exeter.

Okay, for the sake of a full set, my fling at the French comp:

Toulon
                    Agen - very iffy, only because the rescheduled Ireland-France match has cost Perpignan a couple of decent players.
                    Bordeaux-B
                    Bayonne
                    Brive
                    Clermont/Toulouse - very hard to call but I think the Test match has cost Clermont more strength than Toulouse, so Toulouse.
                    Castres

Oh, and France over Ireland.

Comment

• Thanks for your tips gentlemen - surprisingly similar to my own predictions. We'll see who does better

Comment

• Hehe, didn't predict Newcastle to draw with Harlequins...nor the Blues to lose...

Guess I'll be teaching again on Monday.

Comment

• Newcastle are fighting hard to stay up. Good on 'em. Dang Hairsprays let me down. Again! They truly are rubbish. The Blues are always a risk. The great underachievers of SH rugby. Along with the Waratahs.

Comment

• Meh. The Hurricanes did the job - a very good win for them given the off-field bloodbath that's gone on - but the Crusaders fell over against the Highlanders.

Comment

• Good grief. Surely that has to be Toby Booth's job. And Wasps couldn't even score a try.

And your mob let me down too, kOc!

Comment

• And Wasps win means that Falcons valiant effort brings them very little too.

Comment

Working...
                                X