No announcement yet.

Rugby - The Game They Play In Heaven II

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Civ 2 was great. I spent many hours playing it. Civ 3 failed to grab me, and by the time Civ 4 came out I had kids, so computer gaming was pretty much over.
    ...people like to cry a lot... - Pekka
    ...we just argue without evidence, secure in our own superiority. - Snotty

Comment

• Some things in lfe are more important than gaming.

Not the case with rugby of course - it comes first every time.

Green and Skivington in our engine room against Exeter tomorrow - looking forward to seeing that combination.
      It is better to keep silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt

Comment

• Let the kids grow up. I taught my daughter to play civ. (And the boy only played rugby one year before getting a girlfriend and no longer having time for sports.)
        Clash of Civilization team member
        (a civ-like game whose goal is low micromanagement and good AI)
        web site http://clash.apolyton.net/frame/index.shtml and forum here on apolyton)

Comment

• Australia Vs Nz

37 minutes in, Australia 11 - NZ 6

Weepu's passing is abysmal...he isn't alone. Giteau is missing tonnes of penalties.

Pretty rubbish game apart from the try and one NZ attack.

Talking of rubbish...Cruden...I've yet to see anything worth getting excited about with the replacement 10. O'Connor, now that is a young man worth having in your team.
          Last edited by kittenOFchaos; September 11, 2010, 07:22.

Comment

• Since Cruden has been subbed, NZ have scored two tries and are now in the lead.

It is Australia 22 - NZ 23 with 6 minutes left.

NZ really hammering away, but I've never seen NZ ignore so many men over.

Comment

• Fulltime, NZ have won, by a point.

NZ unbeated in the Tri-Nations. In this game NZ were totally out of the game for 65 minutes until Cruden was taken off.

The only ray of hope for those looking to beat NZ next year is that Henry doesn't make changes particularly quickly even if you've got a player totally under-performing.

It does have to be said, all the substitutes brought on later for NZ were effective. Kaino, Donely (sp?) and Ranger.
              Last edited by kittenOFchaos; September 11, 2010, 07:56.

Comment

• The Wallabies really fell apart at the end. I don't think the subs made the difference as much as the Aussies just being worn out and out-muscled.

I don't normally complain about commentators, but Phil Kearns had me groaning aloud a few times. "No need to go upstairs, it's a try" he says before the TMO disallowed that first Wallaby try attempt. And then with 30 minutes to go he announces that the Wallabies will have it won if they score again.
                ...people like to cry a lot... - Pekka
                ...we just argue without evidence, secure in our own superiority. - Snotty

Comment

• Missed the game thanks to a short break in Venice. Still a great great city. Despite the tourists. Watched a replay of the match. I don't think the AB's finale had much to do with Cruden's replacement. How early did McCaw disengage before taking his try? He was off and away well before the ball had cleared. Penalty to the Wallabies. Slack game from the ref all round and yet another different interpretation of the breakdown. Giteau's kicking cost the Wallabies dearly. It's happening too often. Some good signs from the Wallabies - the new young #8 shows promise, and Lachie Turner finally realised some potential. The ABs' Cruden and Tito have a way to go. Frankly, I think the pressure is now on the All Blacks. They were only average. They're going to have to keep producing.
                  " ... and the following morning I should see the Boks wallop the Wallabies again?" - Havak
                  "The only thing worse than being quoted in someone's sig is not being quoted in someone's sig." - finbar, with apologies to Oscar Wilde.

Comment

• Congrats to the ABs on their 'slam'.

Finbar's concerns aside (is it really a shock that McCaw cheats - surely that is his job!?) such things are to be savoured - they do not come easily.

Don't give up hope for the RWC - the ABs are quite beatable and the pressure on them will be quite immense. They have crumbled under it before and every Kiwi will have all their digits crossed they do not do so again. So much rests on keeping Carter and McCaw fit?

Aussie colour commentator make stupids comments? Even less of a surpise than McCaw's cheating that one!

btw Finbar you do know that you are technically one of those tourists? Albeit that you speaka da lingo.
                    It is better to keep silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt

Comment

• Can't agree with the folks who didn't think the subs didn't make an impact and that Cruden had a good game. What game were you watching?

Comment

• Who said Cruden had a good game?

btw Finbar you do know that you are technically one of those tourists? Albeit that you speaka da lingo.
                        Stronzo!
                        " ... and the following morning I should see the Boks wallop the Wallabies again?" - Havak
                        "The only thing worse than being quoted in someone's sig is not being quoted in someone's sig." - finbar, with apologies to Oscar Wilde.

Comment

• ooh I made Finbar swear at me!

Comment

• It's a great word. Has about a thousand meanings.

Comment

• Originally posted by finbar View Post
                              Who said Cruden had a good game?
                              Clearly the voices in my head.

Comment

• Well at least he didn't call you a "Richard the Third".

Comment

Working...
                                X