No announcement yet.

Rugby - The Game They Play In Heaven II

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Okay, 25 minutes in and it is SA 6 - Australia 31 and it is looking unlikely any of my bets will work...but I've only myself to blame given I knew Australia would score tries as that backline is the best attack in world rugby. Defensively...they are vulnerable.

Comment

Another thing...why are the bookies still giving Habana such good odds on scoring tries...he hasn't been for ages.

Comment

Half-time in South Africa.

SA 13 - Australia 31

Wow, Matfield, breaks through from a ruck, chips the last man, collects and slips it to Fourie...beautiful.

Very entertaining game, for my money I need SA to get back within 6-10 points...but hell, this is worth £15 to watch

Comment

Well, Australia are on the rack and showing a complete inability to get hold of the ball or defend. Maybe my cover bet can come into play now...

54 minutes in it is SA 30, Australia 31 and SA have their tails up.

Comment

Well, what a finale. Australia down to 14 men, but have managed to get some points to get back into the lead.

6-7 minutes to go...SA 36 - Australia 38

77 minutes in...SA lead by a point.

I need an Ozzy try and conversion and no more passes to Beale's head.

Comment

No money for me

But, wow. A massive penalty kick at the death results in Australia winning...

It is South Africa 39 - Australia 41

Comment

Well, they showed slightly more character than last week, but honestly, the Wallabies are turning into soft front-runners. The first half Bok defence was tragic and they paid the price at 13-31 down. In the second half, the roles were reversed. The Boks attacked with passion but the defence was appalling. Quade Cooper, who I keep reading has improved his defence, was a turnstyle. The Wallabies lack hard heads, players to take control, organise and galvanise. Rocky Elsom doesn't seem capable of it. Faingaa, the replacement hooker, will be suspended for his idiotic spear tackle. He had the chance to pull out of it but didn't. Moron.
                " ... and the following morning I should see the Boks wallop the Wallabies again?" - Havak
                "The only thing worse than being quoted in someone's sig is not being quoted in someone's sig." - finbar, with apologies to Oscar Wilde.

Comment

Time to watch the ladies RWC Final

Lets hope England can be the first team to be even close to New Zealand in terms of quality.

Comment

Let's hope the girls can show that someone in England can play rugby. Leicester obviously can't. Or Gloucester for that matter.
                    " ... and the following morning I should see the Boks wallop the Wallabies again?" - Havak
                    "The only thing worse than being quoted in someone's sig is not being quoted in someone's sig." - finbar, with apologies to Oscar Wilde.

Comment

Our number 9 is rather chubby...she is bigger than alot of the pack and just got charged down.

11 minutes in. England under loads of pressure, 24 tackles to 7 for NZ. None missed so far

Our number 7 is playing really well.

24 minutes in, still 0 - 0. but NZ are down to 14 having their 45 year old no. 10 in the bin for too many penalties.

Some really good players on the England team, Waterman (15) and Alfonsi (7) are standing out.
                      Last edited by kittenOFchaos; September 5, 2010, 12:49.

Comment

I dare you to call her chubby to her face.

Comment

Okay, the reason our 9 is chunky is she used to be a hooker - interesting positional change.

NZ down to 13, another in the bin for offenses at the breakdown. NZ need Mrs McCaw.

Comment

Originally posted by finbar View Post
                            I dare you to call her chubby to her face.
                            If it is a face

Comment

Originally posted by kittenOFchaos View Post
                              Okay, the reason our 9 is chunky is she used to be a hooker - interesting positional change.
                              Meh. Our resident tame grenouille is a hooker-turned-9 or 10 or vice versa.

Comment

33 minutes in and NZ lead by 7. Hoepha scoring (leading try scorer in the tournament). NZ had 14 on the pitch at the time.

Comment

Working...
                                X