Rugby - The Game They Play In Heaven II

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Havak View Post
    If you can convert those two games in hand (on the top two) things don't look quite so bleak.
    We'd still be 10 points down on Leicester, 8 on Sarries, and Glocester and Bath are 10 and 1 points in front of us without us having games in hand. If we do convert them we still look in the mix for playoff places, but I think the top 2 is seeming like a big ask now.
    Smile
    For though he was master of the world, he was not quite sure what to do next
    But he would think of something

"Hm. I suppose I should get my waffle a santa hat." - Kuciwalker

Comment

• That might be the case, but top four is still very much on and that is all that is needed.

Saracens are actually the most vulnerable side in the top four in some ways, as strange as that sounds. A hugely limited side that tries to out muscle the opposition they can be effective in that gameplan - but only Newcastle have scored less bonus points, and their point totals and points difference are not impressive.

We did the league a great disservice by losing to them.

I would not mind a Tigers Saints semi-final. It would certainly mean that Saints would have won it the hard way.
      It is better to keep silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt

Comment

• I don't think it's at all strange that Sarries is vulnerable. Their game plan is limited and predictable - bash it up through the forwards. It was interesting, though, to see the difference in tempo when de Kock came on in place of the plodding, predictable Wigglesworth.
        " ... and the following morning I should see the Boks wallop the Wallabies again?" - Havak
        "The only thing worse than being quoted in someone's sig is not being quoted in someone's sig." - finbar, with apologies to Oscar Wilde.

Comment

• Chabal starts again against Italy. Sigh.
          " ... and the following morning I should see the Boks wallop the Wallabies again?" - Havak
          "The only thing worse than being quoted in someone's sig is not being quoted in someone's sig." - finbar, with apologies to Oscar Wilde.

Comment

• So glad this guy is English

Comment

• The tackling, too.

Comment

• Benvenuti onto the wing is good. He's an immensely talented young player. His couple of caps so far have been in the centres. Presumably he's being kept away from the French pair of monsters. Masi to full back in place of McLean is bizarre. He's been tried there before - too slow and can't kick. Mallett doing his impression of M'sieur Le Coach.

Comment

• In other news, I scored a try yester'evening. This is just a reminder to everyone that even the most improbable things can happen on a rugby pitch.
                  Clash of Civilization team member
                  (a civ-like game whose goal is low micromanagement and good AI)
                  web site http://clash.apolyton.net/frame/index.shtml and forum here on apolyton)

Comment

• I think you are secretly a winger?
                    It is better to keep silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt

Comment

• My favourite game of rugby ever was when we had too many props and barely a back to be seen. Instead of getting a 10 minute bludge on the sideline, we got a 10 minute rest on the wing. When we had it in attack I stood about 10m in front of my centre so I'd be in the right spot once the ball got out to me. I got the ball, I had just my opposition winger in front, and he was maybe 65 kg which made him half my size. Best try ever.

Comment

• A 130KG winger - my word the modern game is different to my day.

Comment

• All props know that they have the sidestep of a winger and the passing ability of a scrum half. We only play where we do because wingers don't know what they're doing in scrums. As the occasional training session demonstrated.

Comment

• Jeez. Two props on the thread. There goes the neighbourhood.

In other news, I scored a try yester'evening. This is just a reminder to everyone that even the most improbable things can happen on a rugby pitch.
                            Best of all, you're not a prop.

Comment

• Two props and a hooker, we have a full rugby team here now!
                              Clash of Civilization team member
                              (a civ-like game whose goal is low micromanagement and good AI)
                              web site http://clash.apolyton.net/frame/index.shtml and forum here on apolyton)

Comment

• Yes, but you're really a half playing hooker against your will. So we have two props and a real rugby player forced to play out of position.

Comment

Working...
                                X