No announcement yet.

Rugby - The Game They Play In Heaven II

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• That's now two Englishmen out of the 60 million of you who appreciate that. Chris Ashton and you.
    " ... and the following morning I should see the Boks wallop the Wallabies again?" - Havak
    "The only thing worse than being quoted in someone's sig is not being quoted in someone's sig." - finbar, with apologies to Oscar Wilde.

Comment

• Bangalore = Dublin?
      " ... and the following morning I should see the Boks wallop the Wallabies again?" - Havak
      "The only thing worse than being quoted in someone's sig is not being quoted in someone's sig." - finbar, with apologies to Oscar Wilde.

Comment

• Quite possibly. I think ireland are very ill disciplined right now and should have no chance but they do score tries still - albeit so far against weak oppositon mainly.

I would hope if the rugby lads get them on the ropes they will stay there. As opposed to the cricketers who got them on the ropes then pulled them up and set them running.

I find it quite fascinating how England now suck at limited overs cricket, are okayish at 20/20 and a pretty good test side. It' a massive turnaround over the last decade or so.
        It is better to keep silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt

Comment

• I opened this expecting talk of the Super 15. Instead it's the stuff from the other side of the world that I don't get to watch. Not that I get to watch the super 15 either, seeing as how it's on pay tv. meh. Bring on the world cup.

Comment

• Welcome anyway, sanabas. You can watch any rugby these days on your computer with a decent BB connection. I watched a couple of S15 matches last weekend here: http://www.myp2p.eu/index.php?part=sports

Comment

• Sale got to be worried, Newcastle won a game...if Leeds get this bug, we're ****ed

Comment

• Leeds? I think you're pretty safe.

Comment

• Originally posted by kittenOFchaos View Post
                  Sale got to be worried, Newcastle won a game...if Leeds get this bug, we're ****ed
                  About as likely as Northampton having a run of home defeats...

I thought we might finally win something of value, heading for an easy home semi-final and then us against Leicester (as it should have been last year) for the title. Still plausible, perhaps, but more likely us having to win away at Sarries come the semi-final, and right the wrongs of last season. I guess we've at least got as easy a run to the Heineken Cup final as they come, so winning some silverware may still happen.

But seriously, I can't see Leeds putting on the type of run they'd need to trouble Sale. And even if they did, you only need a couple of home wins left to make it an entirely forgone conclusion. After last season's heroics from them, I'm a bit sad to see them go down, but you can't argue with their results.
                  Smile
                  For though he was master of the world, he was not quite sure what to do next
                  But he would think of something

"Hm. I suppose I should get my waffle a santa hat." - Kuciwalker

Comment

• Saints can't get their England players back soon enough. Whether it'll be too late is the question.

Silly silly Leicester. Coping perfectly well with no possession against a committed but limited oppo, they commit suicide with a skanky last fifteen minutes of fumbling and giving away two idiotic penalties. Twelvetrees isn't to blame, Newby and Hamilton very definitely are. Suicide by indiscipline. Nice solo try from the baby Tuilagi but, gee, the defence was rubbish. Baby Farrell's effort was pathetic.

Comment

• It is fair to say I was disappointed with us yesterday. I am hoping they do not become another bogey side for us - beating us far too often at Welford Road without ever really looking like they deserved it at any point.
                      It is better to keep silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt

Comment

• They'll only become a bogey side if Leicester keep gifting it like yesterday. What was Hamilton thinking deliberately flopping onto the wrong side right under the ref's eyes? Old habits, unfortunately.

Comment

• I can't be too hard on him - he has been a very good signing for us. As you say the problem is an endemic one for us.

I don't often see us gop a half of rugby without scoring so I am considering it a blip (and keeping my fingers crossed).

Comment

• I take it back about Leeds, kOc.

Saints. Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.

Comment

• It's ridiculous, we didn't fall apart in the Autumn when our internationals were away, why are we doing so dismally now? We need to win ever game when Ashton, Foden, Lawes, Hartley and Ansbro are back to stand much of a chance of going into the playoffs, let alone with a home semi.
                              Smile
                              For though he was master of the world, he was not quite sure what to do next
                              But he would think of something

"Hm. I suppose I should get my waffle a santa hat." - Kuciwalker

Comment

• If you can convert those two games in hand (on the top two) things don't look quite so bleak.

Comment

Working...
                                X