No announcement yet.

Rugby - The Game They Play In Heaven II

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Didn't see any rugby at all. Sounds like a couple of decent comebacks in the Prem. At least Cockers had the grace not to blame others.

No, Tait isn't an aerial maestro. Great from the back, though. Brown is a class above the other FBs at the moment.
    " ... and the following morning I should see the Boks wallop the Wallabies again?" - Havak
    "The only thing worse than being quoted in someone's sig is not being quoted in someone's sig." - finbar, with apologies to Oscar Wilde.

Comment

• A very entertaining first test in New Zealand.

Couldn't believe that England were +21 (given a 21 point headstart) on the handicap given the number of quality players we had playing. Easy money except I tried an accumulator which was ruined Tonga drawing with Samoa (didn't even look closely at the selections).

Last night I had watch highlights of the last English victory over the All Blacks and Freddy played for about 15-20 minutes and played well. We got that Freddy today (and Cipriani did himself no disservice when he got on either). I think Leicester have made a fantastic signing given they bought him when he didn't look the business with Gloucester.

It really wouldn't have taken much for England to have won and lots didn't go our way. Two debatable knock on calls, two potential NZ yellow cards ignored and a few dropped balls that normally stick (though the NZers had a few of those too). Our pack was superior...Robshaw was far, far, far more effective that McCaw and Morgan and Parling were particularly good. Out wide they were superior (particularly once the replacements came on) but obviously Tuigali was terrific, Yarde looked the business and Eastmond did what was required. Jonny May just worries me, particularly when he chases the loose ball and he didn't work well with Brown (who wasn't at his best).

The New Zealand replacements helped them considerably (Vito and Mealamu particularly) and combined with Youngs losing possession to Retallick who stormed through forcing Yarde to hold on after the tackle put England on the back foot during critical time. Little was said about that on Sky or on the biased NZ Herald blog, but England weathered that period exceptionally well.

I know New Zealand won't drop the ball as much next week, but I think England pack can provide the platform for victory. Lets see what the handicap is next week

Comment

• I'm in Sydney for a month for my sins. Didn't see England-ABs. Sounds like ABs were very rusty and England flubbed some chances. The pre-match margins were silly. Saw most of Wallabies-France. Wallabies very strong, quick and skilled. France terrible after the first five minutes. PSA continues the Lievremont madness of either picking players out of position or not selecting the best players in a position at all. Why Trahn-Duc can't get a start is beyond most people. Can't see things changing over the next fortnight.
        " ... and the following morning I should see the Boks wallop the Wallabies again?" - Havak
        "The only thing worse than being quoted in someone's sig is not being quoted in someone's sig." - finbar, with apologies to Oscar Wilde.

Comment

• England drubbed by 1 point...yes they pulled back, but the result was never in doubt and England were shell-shocked for a good 25 minutes in the second half. Simply too many errors and woeful kicking from hand. England do need to stick it up the jumper more often, particularly when things were going to hell.

Comment

• Still stuck in Sydney, didn't get to see England match but listened to a lot of it. Sounds like England couldn't keep up when the ABs accelerated in the second half. Did see a replay of the Brown non-try. Farcical. The TMO agreed there was an arm under the ball but it was English so that didn't matter. Suspect the end result flattered England.

Had to go out so missed Aus-France. Probably a good thing. Sounds like a dire game.

Comment

• The Welsh are their own worst enemy. Unbelievable.

Comment

• Still stuck in freakin' Sydney. Just caught up with the Welsh result. Liam Williams has always been a lunatic, so no surprise. Sounds like a good Welsh effort, though.

Enjoyed the Wallabies win over France. Massive defence gave the French no opportunities, excellent work from the forwards. Some showboating in the second half cost them points. Nice debut from the massive young Will Skelton. Next up it's the ABs. We shall see.

Didn't see any of England-ABs. Sounds like the real ABs turned up for the first time in the series and England couldn't keep up.

Comment

• Even in 7's the Welsh know how to lose against Australia in the last phase of the game: http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/commonw...games/28512363

Been enjoying the 7's at the Commonwealth Games. Couldn't believe how New Zealand gamed a victory against Scotland...very uncool.

Comment

• Finally back from Oz. Not seeing any of the Games here in Italy. No surprise, I suppose. Tahs -v- Crusaders next weekend for the S15 title. Sharks were no oppo for the 'Saders on Saturday, Tahs' defence was mighty against the Brumbies. Not at all confident the Tahs can hold out the 'Saders who (a) are stronger through the forwards and (b) offer more attacking threat than the Brumbies. Still and all, Chekia has done a great job turning the Tahs around. The chap can coach.

Comment

• Typical All Blacks. Up their effort about ten gears from last week. Wallabies contributed to their own demise but no team stays with the ABs when they're in that mood. Watched the first half of Argies -v- Pumas. Pumas were excellent, making the Boks look average with speed and ingenuity. Minced the Bok scrum comfortably. Missed the second half, sounds like they were stiff to lose. Best Pumas effort since they entered the comp.

Comment

• Leicester ... mmmm ...

Comment

• Originally posted by finbar View Post
                          Leicester ... mmmm ...
                          Indeed. Too many front-line players unavailable due to injury against a seriously good Bath outfit.

I watched the whole thing

Comment

• Mmmm ... again. London Irish this time.

Comment

• Mmmmmmmmmmm. Now Glaws.

Comment

• Originally posted by finbar View Post
                                Mmmmmmmmmmm. Now Glaws.
                                It has been quite a topsy turvy start to the season.

One minute Bath are quite the thing, next Wasps are running them ragged. Wasps...an outfit taken to the cleaners by Sale Sharks who aren't anything particularly special beyond a few players such as Paterson, Cusiter and occasionally Cipriani.

Comment

Working...
                                X