No announcement yet.

Rugby - The Game They Play In Heaven II

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Also surely Montpelier have an excellent chance against Treviso? Or is it the French travel sickness factor?
    As it happened, Treviso had plenty of opportunity to win it. Dire handling and last-minute decision making sank them. Montpellier kicked all day. And kicked straight every time Treviso handed them a penalty.

Munster and Saracens let me down horribly.
    Munster and Saints did for me.
    " ... and the following morning I should see the Boks wallop the Wallabies again?" - Havak
    "The only thing worse than being quoted in someone's sig is not being quoted in someone's sig." - finbar, with apologies to Oscar Wilde.

Comment

• I bet no one expected the Blues to win against Toulon today...
      Is it me, or is MOBIUS a horrible person?

Comment

• Originally posted by MOBIUS View Post
        I bet no one expected the Blues to win against Toulon today...
        Probably the work of Malaysian 'businessmen'.

Yup, the curve ball did me no favors.

Comment

• Originally posted by kittenOFchaos View Post
          Probably the work of Malaysian 'businessmen'.
          Ditto.
          " ... and the following morning I should see the Boks wallop the Wallabies again?" - Havak
          "The only thing worse than being quoted in someone's sig is not being quoted in someone's sig." - finbar, with apologies to Oscar Wilde.

Comment

• Sorry I have spent most of the week recovering from the Wallabies playing some decent rugby last weekend.

I actually had Blues on both a handicap and a straight win. I expected a reaction after the dismal showing the week before and the poor weather forecast made my mind up to have a punt on them.

Now you must excuse me, need to check in with my Malaysian business partners.....
            It is better to keep silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt

Comment

• Poor O'Connor may have to play for London Irish. Has he really been THAT bad?

Comment

• It's predictable that he'd head to the NH. It's the easy way out for him. The challenge for him would have been to go to the Farce - the only Oz team that would take him, and with very strict conditions - and grow up. Prove to the people and players who know him - and who have suffered him for years - that he grasps the notion that life is more than about self. He's a prize 5-star self-absorbed twayt. And a supreme manipulator. Unfortunately he was indulged in Oz for too many years, Robbie Deans probably the worst offender. His behaviour problems date back to his teenage days. He will alienate just as many people in English rugby. A number of senior Wallabies wanted to take him behind the sheds and thump sense into him. Hopefully someone at Irish will.

Sorry I have spent most of the week recovering from the Wallabies playing some decent rugby last weekend.
                Several steps in the right direction. Interesting to contrast Quade Cooper and O'Connor. Cooper has demonstrated that it's possible to grow up and show some maturity. And work very hard on a giant weakness in his game - defence. He now no longer hides from tackles. He goes looking to tackle. His technique is still lacking but the courage isn't. A remarkable turnaround.

Comment

• Bloody injury-riddled, England squad-deprived Leicester. Cost me dearly. And stupid Glasgow.

Comment

• A painful international period coming up for us I think - after all that was a pretty poor Wasps side and it coasted past us. The Half backs had the worse communication I can recall seeing in the first XV, pray god that improves as they have to keep playing together by necessity. And the emergency Kiwi signing in the centres - well at the moment one can see why no NPC teams wanted him.

The reality is that we are struggling to field 23 fit players. It is bonus time for the clubs due to play us now.

Even worse for me Saints looked imperious against Sarries inflicting a record points total on them since they became the endemically cap cheating Bok outfit (allegedly).

Burrell as an anytime scorer at 4/1 though.

Oh by the way Skivington is Club captain at Exiles - he won't let O'Beiber take the proverbial easily.
                    It is better to keep silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt

Comment

• Keep things in perspective. That was a D-grade Sarries lineup. Saints were always going to mow them down. Heck, you know something's untoward when Myler looks good.

Comment

• Ah - you make a good point.

It's a very conservative matchday squad from Lancaster - the retention of Tomkins and release of Burrell and Eastmond is interesting as I would have put the latter two way ahead of him if we were planing to play attacking rugby. So it looks like it may be the same old same old of sitting there and letting the Wallabies come at them (maybe he figures one of these years it will tire the Aussies out?)

Corbs is a big absence too but I am a little excited by the prospect of the Launchbury and Lawes combination.

Comment

• Launchbury is a talent with a future. Lawes is a dribbling idiot whose priority is hurting people in tackles. His game hasn't developed since he arrived on the scene. Thick as concrete, I suspect. Parling is a huge loss. I know little of Tomkins, Burrell or Eastmond so I can't comment. I fancy the Wallabies' chances against the England lineup though. Particularly minus Corbisiero. His knee seems to be verging on chronic. Pity.

Wallabies will need to hold onto the ball, though, not cough it up as they have done. Kuridrani at 13, in particular. He's a young monster with speed and a very nice step. His hands have let him down too often. A big improvement in that regard against the ABs, though.

Comment

• Lawes is a very dangerous tackler, there is no denying that. He has been having an excellent season however because he has stepped up his work rate and rounded his game out. Specifically he has been carrying more and has made himself a presence in the offensive moves rather than simply looking to tackle the next player (a rut he fell into last year)

Comment

• Is he still carrying the ball into contact upright?

Comment

• And thereby being turned over fairly regularly? Slightly less so it would seem, though I was focused more on the Saints backline against Sarries.

The England-OZ fixture is nicely primed given how well the Wallabies did against NZ last time out.

Comment

Working...
                                X