No announcement yet.

Rugby - The Game They Play In Heaven II

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• You'd only have doubted my sanity. But who could have tipped Zebre?
    " ... and the following morning I should see the Boks wallop the Wallabies again?" - Havak
    "The only thing worse than being quoted in someone's sig is not being quoted in someone's sig." - finbar, with apologies to Oscar Wilde.

Comment

• Originally posted by finbar View Post
      You'd only have doubted my sanity. But who could have tipped Zebre?
      Maybe, but then I'd have looked to give Zebre a positive handicap.

I watched the second half of Gloucester versus Northampton. Thought the refereeing was biased in favour of Gloucester to the point of being suspicious. Northampton were robbed at the death and I'm certain that Jim Mallinder will let everyone know about it.

The good news for Northampton is it probably doesn't matter all that much. Northampton will be in the top 4 and will get to the play-offs. However, that referee was biased and we're seeing too many referees performing poorly despite the support being provided. This was particularly evident with the Du Pleiss tackle on Carter...Roman Poite somehow decided it was high and there were no-hands...madness.

Comment

• I didn't see the Glaws game but a few people whose opinion I respect have said similar things about the reffing. I suspect it's incompetence rather than bias. The Du Plessis tackle was a classic case. The refs in that comp are now empowered to watch the replay on the big screen in lieu of calling on the TMO or as well as calling on the TMO. It was clear on the replay that the tackle was legitimate. Poite didn't even look and ignored the TMO's call that there was no foul play. Incompetence.

With the changes in broadcasters in England, I no longer get Aviva matches on Sky Italy. I get Top-14 instead. Saw Toulouse -v- Castres yesterday. Poor Richie Gray got four touches for the whole game, one a lineout take. To be fair, it was an extraordinary game, with both teams running it from everywhere, offloading out of their backsides. Very little forwards involvement.
        " ... and the following morning I should see the Boks wallop the Wallabies again?" - Havak
        "The only thing worse than being quoted in someone's sig is not being quoted in someone's sig." - finbar, with apologies to Oscar Wilde.

Comment

• Originally posted by finbar View Post
          You should try to find the ABs' Owen Franks' yellow for the same "offence". He had his arms out to tackle Richard Brown, mistimed it, Brown bounced off his chest, and he got ten minutes. I suspect it's a directive for the season unless someone points out the fecking stupidity.
          I have an experience to share with you guys. Once I was in a remote place, my signal in my phone got jammed, i thought the problem would be with my service provider. After coming back home i gave black and blues to my customer care highlighting my issue. They pleaded me saying that the problem is not with them. Then i browsed through the search engine regarding my issue, i got a remedy for my cell phone, there i came to know the problem called signal jamming that is experienced in most cell phones. They have a product called cell phone jammer could be very useful to get rid of these problems. Check out the details here cell phone jammer jammerall.com and hope this information would be beneficial. Hope that u would pass this information to all your friends, so that they too would benefited, Stay safe, Cheers
          Last edited by EonathanLelt; September 25, 2013, 23:38.

Comment

• In short, feck off.

Comment

• Zebre
              Is it me, or is MOBIUS a horrible person?

Comment

• So you should be embarrassed.

Comment

• Simply cannot see the point in the three Celtic Unions releasing an identical statement. Of course they all want the status quo - having to competitively qualify for the competition would be most inconvenient for them, particular for Scotland who might get a franchise qualify once in a blue moon.

The reality is that whilst I tend to agree with Finbar that I don't find a solely English/French competition particularly enticing the money is going to follow the English and French clubs. If the Celtic franchises want to get fed they had better be sitting at the right dinner table.
                  It is better to keep silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt

Comment

• There's a bigger picture, though. Who is running rugby?

Comment

• Came very close to winning big money this weekend.

Had Edinburgh got within 4 points of Scarlets, I'd have won a 10 fold accumulator and a decent chunk of money. Getting there

I watched Northampton Vs Sale this weekend and although we were well beaten, our scrum and lineout were excellent as was our commitment. I'm confident that Sale will have a decent season...we won't be fighting against relegation.
                      Last edited by kittenOFchaos; September 29, 2013, 08:06.

Comment

• I agree. Worcester look to have the problem this season. I'm not sure Irish are out of the relegation mix either.

Comment

• The (belated) answer to your question Finbar is that in England and France PRL and LNR respectively are running rugby. We have discussed before how the RFU made a huge error when the game went Pro in 1997 by not centrally contracting players. But the RFU actually expected players to keep playing for expenses so that the RFU itself could then trouser all the income. The clubs filled the vacuum, contracted the players themselves and hence we are in this protracted mess.

And I can understand the Celts being upset. Though some of the Commentards on Planet Rugby beggar belief as ever (especially the one who believes all the best talent in the 6N is in the RaboDirect). The reality though is that the ERC ltd competitions are dead. And TV audiences define the money - and the big TV audiences are in England and France.

So instead of threatening players with exclusion from Test rugby the RFU should be engaging in finding a constructive solution. And shame on the RFU for theatening players in all of this - players are not at fault here.

I also watched Sale v Saints and was impressed with the Sale flankers - both very handy. As Finbar pointed out both Worcester and
                          Irish are favourites at this stage for the drop.

Saints have their best chance in three seasons of taking Tigers scalp this weekend - our injury list is ridiculous and they are full strength. By far the best backline in the top flight right now too. Whilst no weaklings if they could find the power of the Sarries pack Saints would be my favourites for the title.
                          Last edited by Havak; October 1, 2013, 06:22. Reason: their not there
                          It is better to keep silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt

Comment

• Plus Leicester are reduced to playing an American.

Comment

• After the US government shutdown, I'm just wondering who is imitating who when it comes to negotiation tactics...
                              Is it me, or is MOBIUS a horrible person?

Comment

• Anybody saw the AB - Pumas game last weekend? Any insights?

I think we're still a year or two away from being anything but the punching bag... Lots of handling errors.
                                Indifference is Bliss

Comment

Working...
                                X