Brive v Bayonne
    Grenoble v Bordeaux-Bègles
    Oyonnax v Castres
    Racing Métro v Perpignan
    Stade Français v Clermont

New Zealand v Argentina
    Australia v South Africa

Comment

• It's pig in a poke stuff for me first up. From memory I've tipped: Bath, Sarries, Glaws, Saints, Quins, Tigers, Leinster, Ulster, Glasgow, Connacht, Treviso (with no confidence), Munster. Haven't looked at Top-14 but, hazarding guesses: Toulouse, Toulon, Bayonne, Grenoble, Castres, Racing, Stade.

Then the ABs and Wallabies.

I'll have to revisit these selections on Monday.
      " ... and the following morning I should see the Boks wallop the Wallabies again?" - Havak
      "The only thing worse than being quoted in someone's sig is not being quoted in someone's sig." - finbar, with apologies to Oscar Wilde.

Comment

• Hmm, I was lured into spending more than usual by a tempting offer from Paddy Power...it wasn't to my advantage.

I have really enjoyed the rugby I've watched this weekend...particularly NZ Vs Argentina. From what I've seen the new scrum laws are working well...Aussies couldn't get away with murder.

Sale also took the points against Gloucester away...a pleasant surprise...

Comment

• Very pleasant, except that they cost me a clean sweep in the Aviva.

Dire Wallaby forward effort against the Boks. Blown away, and everything was downhill from there. It's a massive set of Bok forwards, back row in particular, and they're mobile as well as destructive. They will give the ABs a big fright.
          " ... and the following morning I should see the Boks wallop the Wallabies again?" - Havak
          "The only thing worse than being quoted in someone's sig is not being quoted in someone's sig." - finbar, with apologies to Oscar Wilde.

Comment

• I called the Falcons result very wrong (failed to check the teamsheets or would have gone for Baarf) and got the Wasps-Quins game slightly wrong thanks to the pie man. I called all the other AVIVA fixtures correctly - yes even Sale where I had them straight win. I just don't feel that Quins or Glaws will be a force this season. Mind you Tigers may well struggle - Warriors are a poor outfit but Tigers switched off against them in the third quarter and their largely pacific backline can do some damage.

The main difference one noted with them now Ryan is at the helm is they seem quite incapable of staying on their feet at the breakdown - very reminiscent of Ryan's Gloucester side really.

Oh I called the Boks win too. Where now for Australia? Their Championship failure maybe puts Wales summer victory over them in perspective?
            It is better to keep silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt

Comment

• The common factor between the Lions 3rd Test and the Boks on Saturday - and the ABs earlier, for that matter - is the forwards. Until the Lions sorted out their forwards, and back row in particular, the Wallabies were fine. Those Bok forwards are just monstrous as well as mobile and skilled. They will threaten to destroy any team in the world. Wallabies are down to second and third choices in the forwards at the moment. Same old problem, lack of depth.

Comment

• So two fascinating rubbers coming up? The Puma pack is pretty capable and whilst NZ are probably still the best side in the world their last two outings have not been totally convincing.

Tigers are at the Rec next round and Baarf have to be big favourites on round one showings.
                It is better to keep silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt

Comment

• And Will Genia dropped to the bench -v- the Argies. Not going to make a huge difference if the forwards don't turn up again, but he's been seriously down on form for a while now. Nic White has looked better - quicker, crisper, better organised - each time he's replaced Genia. We shall see.

Comment

• Argentina are capable of causing an upset, but then the Aussies should be properly motivated to prevent it too.

And if that Bok pack gets on top of the ABs that game could be tasty too.

Quicker and crisper (than Youngs) was the pundits verdict on Tigers French scrummie btw. Lamb was his usual mixer-tap self, hot and cold in equal measure.

Have you chaps noticed that the French and English Clubs are going ahead with their breakaway European cup? It was inevitable given the mess of qualification (far too much automatic entry for weak franchises and easy qualification from non-relegation leagues) and the skewed remuneration (only ERC ltd made money) but it basically kills the two current competitions.
                    Last edited by Havak; September 11, 2013, 05:04.

Comment

• I'm not remotely interested in an entirely England and France-dominated so-called European competition. It's a case of rich buggers taking their ball to play amongst themselves. If it's meant to be a proper European competition, it has to involve all of Europe, even if it means some qualification twists. Anyway, I think there's a long way to go with this story.

Tipped Sale. But also tipped Bath!

Comment

• You do surpise me there.

I'm not really interested in such a competition either Finbar - but the qualification for the current torunamant is ridiculously skewed in favour of Rabodirect. Sort that out and the English and French will return to the fold I am sure.

You will be tipping Tigers this weekend I am sure (Deano returns to the scene of his triumphs).

Shame about Crofty too yes? It doesn't look like his body can take much more?

Oh I forgot - I won on Falcons last weekend on a straight win. Sale seldom win two in a row.

Comment

• Yes, shame about Crofty. Probably no surprise with his praying mantis-build.

Shame, too, that Manu revealed himself - regardless of any politics - still to be an immature prat. The child who jumped off that ferry in NZ remains.

Comment

• Sale beat Wasps

Comment

• AndI tipped them. And I also tipped Treviso over Munster.

Comment

• Originally posted by finbar View Post
                                AndI tipped them. And I also tipped Treviso over Munster.
                                A good tip that you kept to yourself!

Comment

Working...
                                X