No announcement yet.

Rugby - The Game They Play In Heaven II

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dermot is scared of his own shadow IIRC...

EDIT: Oh no, sorry to hear that, he was a really great dog!

Maybe time for a new one, given the cat problem?
    Is it me, or is MOBIUS a horrible person?

Comment

• No probs, old son, you remember him well. Wonderful dog, and a big hit here with the locals in our little Tuscan town. Scared of his own shadow except when it came to cats. Hated them, would always chase them. Never successfully, but it was the thought that counted.
      " ... and the following morning I should see the Boks wallop the Wallabies again?" - Havak
      "The only thing worse than being quoted in someone's sig is not being quoted in someone's sig." - finbar, with apologies to Oscar Wilde.

Comment

• I'm very sorry to hear that Finbar - particularly so if you had mentioned it on the thread and my memory failed me and brought up sad memories.

They live such comparatively short lives, but I wouldn't be without the companionship of my little psychos.

I scare cats that are bullying mine off with a small water pistol - cats hate water sprayed at their face but it does no lasting harm - but it is again not an option with ferals that scarper at the first hint of a human.
        It is better to keep silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt

Comment

• No, I'd never mentioned it. We've got water pistols and even a slingshot. The problem is that, apart from a few rare occasions, we have to open the back door first. They're usually gone by the time we get outside. I think I'll lash out on a couple of strategically-placed sonic things covering their entrances into the garden. If they don't work I'll look at the version of the electric fence for cats and work out a way of making it workable on our terraces.
          " ... and the following morning I should see the Boks wallop the Wallabies again?" - Havak
          "The only thing worse than being quoted in someone's sig is not being quoted in someone's sig." - finbar, with apologies to Oscar Wilde.

Comment

• What has happened to this thread?

Comment

• Looking through the Telegraph's Interactive Guide to the Lions and I find that Mike Phillips and Jamie Roberts both have a 0 - 9 win:loss ratio against Australia. Warburton, Lydiate and Half-Penny also have a 0 - 7 win:loss ratio in this regard.

Read a full profile for every player in Warren Gatland's 37-man British and Irish Lions squad, including stats, analysis and expert opinion from Telegraph Sport columnist Sir Ian McGeechan.

Stuart Hogg, and Richie Gray have a 100% winning record against Australia. They must play!

Comment

• And what's Little Fat Ben Youngs' record against Australia?

Comment

• Originally posted by finbar View Post
                  And what's Little Fat Ben Youngs' record against Australia?
                  2 wins, 2 losses. Both losses when he started from the bench.
                  Last edited by kittenOFchaos; May 2, 2013, 15:52.

Comment

• Youngs should be a nailed-on starter. But he won't be. The Wallabies can play Phillips in their sleep.

Comment

• The other interesting question for me is will he play BOD or Tuilagi? The Wallabies contained Manu well last autumn and BOD has a history of asking them questions. But then Gatland is probably daft enough to play Davies?

The bottom line is Wales win over England (in the Cardiff rabid arena) was very impressive - but it's the same welsh squad that lost 8 in a row and the same welsh skipper. They are not a world class side and their track record against Australia is utterly appalling. So naturally they dominate the squad as their own coach is the Lions coach.
                      It is better to keep silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt

Comment

• I think he'll play Roberts-BOD with Manu on the bench. I keep reading in the rugby media how the Wales win over England apparently tipped all sorts of Lions thoughts on their head. What bollocks. One match. And it was the same Welsh team who were cack against Ireland and no better than average beyond that, right up till the England match. Apart from that, I think Fatland had the bulk of his squad already chosen anyway.

I would play 15 Hogg, 14 Maitland, 13 Manu, 12 BOD, 11 North, 10 Sexton, 9 Youngs if they want to threaten the Wallabies. I predict Fatland will go 1/2d, Cuthbert, BOD, Roberts, North, Sexton, Phillips.

Comment

• And it reflected England's failure as much as it did Wales' success - England were very poor indeed - that last 6N game was the very worst thing that could happen for the Lions tour IMO.

I like your pitch with the possible exception of the Kiwi. I fear your Fatland prediction is nearer the mark.

And we are nicely back on topic - though I can stray anytime of course. Never been sure why it perturbs our friend so much tbh?

Comment

• The Kiwi is a skilled fella with a very good rugby brain. He knows where to go and what to do in attack and, as importantly, defence. Some of his support play in the 6N was outstanding. Plus he knows how to score a try. Cuthbert is a defence disaster waiting to happen. Fatland will pick him, though.

Comment

• I didn't pay enough attention to him in the 6N it would seem.

Ford has now officially signed for Bath - worst kept secret ever? But what did surprise (me) is that Micky Young went with him.

Comment

• Young had to be on the way out anyway. Tigers have signed that French scrummy. They've also signed the young Scarlets 10 as well as the flaky Ryan Lamb

Comment

Working...
                                X