No announcement yet.

Rugby - The Game They Play In Heaven II

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I thank the Honourable Member for his acceptance of my clarification, Mr Speaker, but await his thoughts on Mr Cockerill's view that Mr Botha should be investigated by the judiciary for deliberately breaking an opponent's collar bone with a knee in the course of driving for the try line.
    " ... and the following morning I should see the Boks wallop the Wallabies again?" - Havak
    "The only thing worse than being quoted in someone's sig is not being quoted in someone's sig." - finbar, with apologies to Oscar Wilde.

Comment

• The member for Welford Road was unaware of the comments made by Mr Cockerill, but will now research them.

Regrettably it is not possible to transact much business in the House at the moment as the World and it's dog falls over themselves to say the nicest soundbite about the departed Baroness.
      It is better to keep silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt

Comment

• 'Nuff said.
        " ... and the following morning I should see the Boks wallop the Wallabies again?" - Havak
        "The only thing worse than being quoted in someone's sig is not being quoted in someone's sig." - finbar, with apologies to Oscar Wilde.

Comment

• This member is not one of them of course. Whilst I do not speak ill of the recently departed nor do I have a single positive thing to say about the person concerned.

Do you have Cockers quote handy? The club website just has the usual fluff about effort and the Beeb concentrates on his view of Mr Clancy...

In other news i am dreading the Lions squad announcement - Welsh heavy easy Wallaby fodder here we come?
          It is better to keep silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt

Comment

• Cockerill on the unfairness of having two YCs while Botha got away with breaking a collar bone in the process of attempting to score a try. Presumably he's arguing that Botha paused on his way to the try line to deliberately knee Ayerza's collar bone. As one does:

Pity no one thought to ask him about Slater's leg block on S. Armitage that should have been a YC too.

Like everyone else, I'm wondering about Fatland's choice of skipper. He said weeks ago that he'd decided but hadn't told the player. This was before POC's explosion back into rugby.

Comment

• I didn't see the incident Finbar but it is interesting that the citing officer did indeed cite for it. In the Premiership this almost always leads to a hearing. it appears the ERC disciplinary officer can simply dismiss citings offhandedly? But then ERC ltd puts the cow into cowboy at the best of times?

Fatland will I expect appoint a random taffy- what does it matter because as I say the Wallabies have the easiest Lions series ever coming their way. Records wins over England are irrelevant - the Welsh will fail and fail and fail again against the original SANZAR nations. They can only ever raise their game against the red rose. How soon they forget they are only four wins past their record losing streak.

Comment

• Well, I saw the incident and there was nothing untoward in it for me. Unfortunately I didn't record the match as I usually do in case these things happen. Ayerza was unlucky. It was debated on another rugby forum I frequent and no one there saw any problems either. On the evidence I saw, Cockers is just beating up an incident in his usual sour-grapes way.

What's interesting in terms of the Lions tour is that Quade hasn't made the 30-man preliminary squad that will get together this weekend. He's had a patchy start to the S15 season with none of the confidence he's shown when at his best. It looks like either James O'Connor or the Brumbies' Christian Lealiifano - a very talented young 10/12 - for the 10 jersey. Lealiifano would have played in the Wales series last season but for a broken leg. Personally I think O'Connor is best suited on the wing or at FB where he's got the time and space to use his skills.

Comment

• I'll try to catch Lealiifano if I can, never seen him play.

Sexton is the front runner for the Lions (seriously!) so anyone the Wallabies pick is likely to be the class stand off on the park.
                  You may be picking up my tone that I fear this tour will be a train wreck for the tourists.

Comment

• Originally posted by Havak View Post
                    I'll try to catch Lealiifano if I can, never seen him play.

Sexton is the front runner for the Lions (seriously!) so anyone the Wallabies pick is likely to be the class stand off on the park.
                    You may be picking up my tone that I fear this tour will be a train wreck for the tourists.
                    It shouldn't be a train wreck, the British & Irish Lions should win 3 - 0 given the players available to Warren Gatland. At worst I could contemplate 2 wins and 1 loss...but...a train wreck? Unthinkable!

Cockerill decides to condemn the ERC's decision not to put Botha in stocks: http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/rugby-union/22105632

Director's of Rugby shouldn't be allowed to talk to the media.

Comment

I'll try to catch Lealiifano if I can, never seen him play.

Here's a package of Lealiifano at work. Looks like it was put together by his management. Some soft defence against him at times but he's a quality young player. Great vision best of all. Unfortunately he's been playing 12 for the Brumbies this season. Would rather see him at 10.

Enjoy the videos and music that you love, upload original content and share it all with friends, family and the world on YouTube.

I think Farrell's probably the front runner for 10. Workmanlike at best. The Lions front row will be stronger initially but I fear there ain't much depth in the quality. Locks will be strong. Back row, if balanced, will be strong but there's no ball-carrying 8. Centres will be a problem, 12 in particular. If Fatland picks Roberts, the Wallabies will giggle. I can see BOD - if fit - at 12 and Manu at 13. That would cause problems. Beyond that pairing, it could be a black hole.
                      Last edited by finbar; April 11, 2013, 09:59. Reason: Busy. Oddly.

Comment

• Here's what Cockers is complaining about:

Abonnez vous pour d'autres vidéos :-)La page Facebook : https://www.facebook.com/pages/Gorpitsen-Junior/1515760768709877?ref=hlMon Twitter : https://twitter....

Having now seen it again, I think he's even more of a d1ck. And the citing officer obviously just kicked it upstairs to shut Cockers up.

Comment

• And I would agree with you - there is no intent to cause injury there. Just unlucky as you said.

I'll try to sneak a look at the Lealiifano link later. Outrageously work are actually asking me to do some work today (I am checking my contract)

Comment

And I would agree with you - there is no intent to cause injury there. Just unlucky as you said.

I'll try to sneak a look at the Lealiifano link later. Outrageously work are actually asking me to do some work today (I am checking my contract)
                            What do you work as (however occasionally)?

Comment

• I can answer that. He's an IT guru. Except he's wedded to Windows so I have to doubt his expertise.

Comment

• Now THAT was a great performance by Sale Sharks, hopefully it isn't a one-off.

Very happy with that - many thanks to ESPN for televising it

Comment

Working...
                                X