Rugby - The Game They Play In Heaven II

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Except HQ.

My old friend Steve Walsh at the helm then. Umm.

And Shane Williams needs to get a room from the sounds of his ecstacy every time Wales touch the ball.

Wales red hot favourites - that is how strange a tournament it has been?
    It is better to keep silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt

Comment

• Are Wales good for their half time lead? Just about I guess. England need to take better options as they are gifting Wales far too much.

Wales are intense but remain very direct.

Now all we need is a muzzle for Shane Williams!
      It is better to keep silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt

Comment

• Only one side in it. Jesus -I mean we beat NZ and this Welsh side is a million miles short of them - a million miles short - oh for a bit of consistency!

*in the interest of balance I should stress England are currently several medium sized galaxies short of NZ if that puts it into perspective.

Congrats Wales - far the better side on the day!
        Last edited by Havak; March 16, 2013, 14:31.

Comment

• Originally posted by Havak View Post
          Only one side in it. Jesus -I mean we beat NZ and this Welsh side is a million miles short of them - a million miles short - oh for a bit of consistency!

*in the interest of balance I should stress England are currently several medium sized galaxies short of NZ if that puts it into perspective.

Congrats Wales - far the better side on the day!
          In recent years when the Welsh play England it can seem like men versus boys.

Scotland lost to France, but competed manfully. If the touch-judge and/or referee had spotted Michalak doing a Hore on Hogg, then perhaps the result would have been different. Michalak didn't knock Hogg out...and played much better afterwards contributing to the French win.

Oh yes, another thing. Outside of the first weekend the scrum has been a complete farce and takes up far too much of the match. My solution? Knock-ons result in a tap penalty...that should speed up the game tremendously and stop the ridiculous situation of the side with a weak scrum being punished when the opposition knocks on. Scrummaging will still have its place...5 meter scrum and when opted when a penalty has been awarded, but it shouldn't continue to slow down games to a crawl. **** the fatties.
          Last edited by kittenOFchaos; March 17, 2013, 08:58.

Comment

• Just back from Rome. Popped down to watch Italy-Ireland with some tickets an Irish mate bought and couldn't use. Took Mrs finbar. Had to promise her four days in Rome to get her to go to the rugby. She ended up enjoying it - the win helped - even if I had to explain the entire game to her. Mighty stadium the Olimpico but a pain in the butt to get to and from. At least two buses, or a train and a bus or a train and a tram to get out there. Great atmosphere, excellent Irish fans who took the loss in good humour - anything to be rid of Deccie, I expect - and another strong effort from Italy who are now developing some confidence under Brunel. Ate some nice Roman food too. Great city, is Rome.

Managed to avoid the result of England-Wales - not hard in Italy, where only 70,000 out of 69,000,000 care about rugby - and just watched a recording of it. I'd tipped England but only because I didn't think Wales had done enough to prove they could win. Little did I know that England were capable of even less. They just haven't improved in this 6N. Hit a level, and, if anything, went backwards. The scrum remains suspect, Barritt has to go, as does Goode, return Mike Brown to where he belongs, send Ashton back to club rugby to find some form and confidence, just for starters.
            " ... and the following morning I should see the Boks wallop the Wallabies again?" - Havak
            "The only thing worse than being quoted in someone's sig is not being quoted in someone's sig." - finbar, with apologies to Oscar Wilde.

Comment

• Yep they were thoroughly beaten on the day and the way they lost composure was the biggest concern for me. kOc makes a very good point though - Wales are an old and very experienced side compared to England. Wales may struggle as the old crufters - particularly in the coalface- fall by the wayside.

And I have the feeling Robbie Deans office is a happy one this week - he knows the Wallabies can eat a Welsh dominated Lions side alive. An easy 3-0 series win coming up for the Wallabies would be my initial prediction.

I can understand Lancaster and Rowntree questioning Walsh as futile as it will be (and despite the bad taste it leaves in the mouth that a referee can be so poor it generates the necessity) - his long history of one-eyed antagonism towards England was certainly continued on saturday. Hope he is due to retire soon?? That said he did not actually lose them the game - frankly they were muscled out of it in every phase.

Comment

• Sale 14 - Bath 13

Late replacement Tom Brady's second-half score gives second-bottom Sale Sharks a potentially vital victory over Bath.

Crucial at this stage, particularly given I feel London Welsh's appeal will cut their penalty considerably.

Cueto scored...Bath must be really, really rubbish

Comment

• Good boys. And I tipped them. Cipriani was on the bench. Good decision in the utterly dire conditions.
                  " ... and the following morning I should see the Boks wallop the Wallabies again?" - Havak
                  "The only thing worse than being quoted in someone's sig is not being quoted in someone's sig." - finbar, with apologies to Oscar Wilde.

Comment

• Sarries were impressive today. Out-Quins'd Quins with speed and power. Quins looked weary, Robshaw particularly. I imagine COS would have liked to rest him after the 6N efforts but couldn't afford to.

Comment

• Similar story of fatigue at Sandy Park.

Comment

• Yes, I saw it. Not their finest hour.

Comment

• Something of a bogey side for them so four points is a pretty decent outcome.

Comment

• LW's appeal thrown out. Good thing too. They were lucky the penalty wasn't increased. The player was selected 10 times, FFS, and even after they knew there were problems with his registration.

Comment

• Hard to imagine they could survive now. The situation was sheer insanity on their part because they have otherwise given themselves a decent shot at staying up.

They have exceeded my expectations in terms of the points they have garnered.

Comment

• Even if illegally.

Comment

Working...
                                X