No announcement yet.

Rugby - The Game They Play In Heaven II

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The older I get the longer they linger.
    It is better to keep silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt

Comment

• Five point penalty (with the same number of points suspended) for LW plus a fine. Reading the evidence and findings of the Inquiry Panel, they got off lightly. Their DOR of rugby was certainly culpable but the club's approach to the matter was amateurish in the extreme resulting in them still selecting Keats after they were aware he had been mis-registered. And their defence - blaming others, including the RFU - does them no favours.
      " ... and the following morning I should see the Boks wallop the Wallabies again?" - Havak
      "The only thing worse than being quoted in someone's sig is not being quoted in someone's sig." - finbar, with apologies to Oscar Wilde.

Comment

• The problem is it is an amateurish setup. Admittedly it is I think eight years since I was last there but it was then a very old fashioned club house centred rugby club.

So Sale may well be saved off the field. Seems rather...unfair to me.
        It is better to keep silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt

Comment

• I think they will/would have survive/survived on the field.
          " ... and the following morning I should see the Boks wallop the Wallabies again?" - Havak
          "The only thing worse than being quoted in someone's sig is not being quoted in someone's sig." - finbar, with apologies to Oscar Wilde.

Comment

• Originally posted by Havak View Post
            The problem is it is an amateurish setup. Admittedly it is I think eight years since I was last there but it was then a very old fashioned club house centred rugby club.

So Sale may well be saved off the field. Seems rather...unfair to me.
            Sale got £5000 and 1 point for playing an unregistered player for 8 minutes...

London Welsh will probably appeal and the penalty will be castrated...isn't that what usually happens in rugby?

Comment

• Uh, a disgusting game...

I thought Beattie was very poor and Harley does absolutely nothing effective at the breakdown. That is one reason why we have turned from a team with vast amounts of possession to a team with next to none.

Jim Hamilton...a massive man, but he cost us so many points. The try...he dived out of the line leaving Laidlaw against a Prop from 3 meters out...stupidly out of the line and taking out the scrum half to make it 10 points. Euan Murray was pants as well...cost us points needlessly and I totally blame him for our scrum sucking it up, he needed replacing earlier on.

Weir looked the part at number 10 and our back-line is good...sort out the pack (something that was fine under Robinson) and we'll be in business.

Comment

• Originally posted by kittenOFchaos View Post
                Sale got £5000 and 1 point for playing an unregistered player for 8 minutes...

London Welsh will probably appeal and the penalty will be castrated...isn't that what usually happens in rugby?
                An appeal runs the risk of an increased penalty. I think the finding was very clearly explained and the penalty was light under all the circumstances.

Damn Scotland today. I tipped them. What's the point of a potent back three if they never see the ball? The idiotic gnome of a 10 kicked away just about all his possession. A return to Dan Parkes' day. Forwards were poor, uncompetitive and indisciplined after being excellent earlier in the tournament. Very strange. Wales were as limited as ever. Can't see them bothering England.

At least France played 20 minutes of rugby today and nearly won. Michelak? Why? A waste of space yet again. PSA has a death wish. Another strong first 40 from Ireland but faded again, though injuries hit them hard. Turning point for me was the needless replacement of Murray with another of Deccie's pre-planned subs. It was Murray's best game for a long time, he was running the show. Ireland lost direction as soon as he left the field. Still, a French win would have been cruel given the pap they served up for 60 minutes.

Comment

• Ah big Jimbo hamilton. Now where did he cut his teeth as a youngster? I cannot quite remember.

Wales have a chance of winning the tournament. That means it must have been one hell of a weird tournament this year? I fell asleep during that penalty fest at Murrayfield (admittedly I do have a nasty cold) and Dublin did little to keep me awake either.

Hopefully this game will maintain my interest (and hopefully not for Italy pulling off one of the biggest shocks ever!)

Comment

• I totally disagree with you Finbar, Weir played very well and our issues with the breakdown meant a running game wasn't an option and that comes down to Harley & co not being up to it. I want Barclay and Rennie back.

Watching England Vs Italy...had £2 refunded from yesterday as a forward scored first in the Scotland Vs Wales game. 50 minutes in put it on Italy to draw

And Sale are in the LV Cup Final...we're just that good...

Comment

• Weir did not vary his game. Kicked all the time making the Scottish back line spectators.

Statistically the England game represents new record for turn arounds. Frankly Italy should have won. Wales will rightly fancy their chances - and rightly so.

Care's ROG moment had me screaming at the TV. And Lawes is a liability - cannot retain the ball in contact!

Comment

• kOc, breakdown issues aside, Weir saw enough of the ball to do something with it apart from kick it away. Heck, even the coach remarked on it.

Italy went mighty close. Lancaster giving his second choices a run nearly cost him. They had enough possession in the first half to do damage but clueless attack - lateral, relying on Manu to crash through - saw most of it wasted. Care was poor, Flood organised nothing. Italy won the second half, at least morally. Dreadful effort from Clancy, par for the course. Italy pinged for sealing off and not rolling away, England let go with impunity, particularly when they were under severe pressure late in the second half. And letting Vunipola and Marler get away with paws on the ground, even giving England a scrum penalty after Marler's hand was on the ground yet again. Youngs' return will improve things but England need someone like 36 in midfield to create opportunities. They also need a powerful ball carrier.

Well done, Sale. It was an under-strength Sarries but let them transfer the form into the premiership.

Comment

• Ireland beware, England beware and please can France play Michalak

Comment

• I think it will be hard to play Michalek given that the entire French rugby public will have him strung up from a power pole in Toulon by tomorrow night.

Comment

• Well, blow me down. Freddie's still at 10.

England will be happier with their first-choice halves back in place. Back into their comfort zone. Lightweight back row with Croft in situ but I don't think have the back-row brutes to cause many problems. I fancy Wales will have the better of the scrummaging but can't see them having enough elsewhere to upset England's GS.

Comment

• Ahh Cardiff, no better place to be on a day like this...
                                Is it me, or is MOBIUS a horrible person?

Comment

Working...
                                X