No announcement yet.

Rugby - The Game They Play In Heaven II

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My problem with Hook at 10 has always been his decision-making, he can't run a backline. He's a talented individual best left to do his own thing. Personally, I think 13 is his best possie. I don't get the fuss over Davies at 13.

I see that Fatland doesn't think Wilko is out of the Lions equation subject to his availability. Cripes. Well, I hope S. Armitage isn't out of the equation either. Best 7 in the NH. By a street.
    " ... and the following morning I should see the Boks wallop the Wallabies again?" - Havak
    "The only thing worse than being quoted in someone's sig is not being quoted in someone's sig." - finbar, with apologies to Oscar Wilde.

Comment

• Where is the love? Not any predictions for me this weekend

Friday, 14 December 2012
      Biarritz v Connacht, Pl3, 20:00
      Edinburgh v Racing Metro 92, Pl1, 20:00

Saturday, 15 December 2012
      Exeter v Scarlets, Pl5, 15:40
      Harlequins v Zebre, Pl3, 15:00
      Leinster v Clermont Auvergne, Pl5, 15:40
      Montpellier v Cardiff Blues, Pl6, 18:00
      Ospreys v Toulouse, Pl2, 13:35
      Treviso v Leicester, Pl2, 13:35
      Ulster v Northampton, Pl4, 18:00

Sunday, 16 December 2012
      Castres v Glasgow, Pl4, 12:45
      Saracens v Munster, Pl1, 15:00
      Toulon v Sale, Pl6, 15:00

Comment

• For my sins, I've tipped as follows:

Biarritz
        Edinburgh - but before I saw the teams! Metro, now, methinks
        Exeter
        Quins
        Leinster
        Montpellier
        Toulouse
        Treviso - ahem
        Ulster
        Castres
        Sarries - they won't play Farrell at 13 again!
        Toulon
        " ... and the following morning I should see the Boks wallop the Wallabies again?" - Havak
        "The only thing worse than being quoted in someone's sig is not being quoted in someone's sig." - finbar, with apologies to Oscar Wilde.

Comment

• Originally posted by finbar View Post
          For my sins, I've tipped as follows:

Biarritz
          Edinburgh - but before I saw the teams! Metro, now, methinks
          Exeter
          Quins
          Leinster
          Montpellier
          Toulouse
          Treviso - ahem
          Ulster
          Castres
          Sarries - they won't play Farrell at 13 again!
          Toulon
          Well, those results (including the change to Metro) would be 38 to 1.

I don't think Treviso will beat Leicester so it'd be a dull 11/1.

I've gone with handicaps...so we'll see. I fear I've favoured Edinburgh with too low a handicap (+9) in my main accumulator, but we'll see. Did a few winning margin accumulators, so potentially could win a few hundred thousand if I'm in luck

Comment

• Biarritz Vs Connacht is being played in a swamp.

Whilst the Edinburgh fly-half currently has made 1 of 5 kicks which is inexcusable. Sure, you can suck at place kicking, but you don't take the kick if you aren't reasonably sure of success. I know that kicking to touch is probably a lost cause with Ross Ford at hooker, but you could still take a tap.

Edit: following some of the comments on the Edinburgh rugby forum. The general opinion appears to be that the match against Racing needs to be taken out and shot - it'd be kinder. It is currently Edinburgh 3 - Racing 9 which would suit me perfectly. However, with Edinburgh down to 14 for 10 minutes...
            Last edited by kittenOFchaos; December 14, 2012, 17:17.

Comment

• Yep. Connacht are actually trying to play rugby to their cost. Get it up the other end in those conditions, fellas. Parks is just kicking it to them instead of looking for touch.

Comment

• A big thank you to Connacht for a very entertaining game. Looked the sort of game I would have loved to play in as it was muddy, wet and slow as the fast boys couldn't get change direction quickly.

I had given Connacht a +18 head start in both my main accumulators...so 17 - 0 in the end was perfect for my secondary accumulator where I had given Racing a -6 handicap.

I was concerned with the handicap I gave Edinburgh, however no flyhalf should miss 6 of 7 kicks at any level. Edinburgh have given the English clubs all the ammunition they need in the debate about how many Scottish clubs participate in the HEC. Put simply heads should roll at Edinburgh Gunners. I really enjoyed the comments on the Gunners forum, particularly one poster saying they've had enough of watching NDL drop the ball - it took him 3 games in a Scotland shirt before he caught the ball for the first time and he hasn't improved much beyond being a decent tackler.

Put simply Scottish club rugby is in the hole at the moment and it is no wonder that the International team fail to achieve when many key players come from clubs that are complete dross. That we had Sean Lamont claiming in the papers this week that Scotland could win the 6 Nations shows simply that he has taken too many hits to the head (explains the head gear for a winger).

Comment

• Rate my chances....

Treviso v Leicester
                  -12 Leicester @ 11/8 LOSE

Exeter v Scarlets
                  +10 Scarlets @ 8/11 LOSE

Toulon v Sale
                  +21 Sale @ 5/4 MASSIVE LOSE

Saracens v Munster
                  +11 Munster @ 1/2 WIN

Castres v Glasgow
                  +18 Glasgow @ 8/11 WIN

Ulster v Northampton
                  -9 Ulster @ 5/8 LOSE

Montpellier v Cardiff
                  -11 Montpellier @ 20/33 WIN

Leinster v Clermont
                  +9 Clermont @ 8/13 WIN

Ospreys v Toulouse
                  -12 Toulouse @ 13/8 LOSE

Edinburgh v Racing Metro
                  -6 Racing Metro @ 11/8 WIN

Biarritz v Connacht
                  +18 Connacht @ 8/13 WIN
                  Last edited by kittenOFchaos; December 16, 2012, 18:40. Reason: Added results...

Comment

• So not so good, huh? Treviso went mighty close. Pity about that yellow card that wasn't for the supposed late hit on Murphy. I really wish Murphy would stop milking those incidents. He's done it before and had players yellow-carded. He's too good a player to resort to that sort of thing. Anyway, Leicester can consider themselves lucky.

Leinster were pish, Clermont were scary. Leinster's injuries and lack of decent replacements have caught up with them.

Saints rebounded very well. Ulster still could and should have won but flubbed too many opportunities and didn't deserve to win on that basis.

Only saw bits of Toulouse. As hot and cold as ever. Ditto Luke Burgess, who seemed to throw every second pass to an Ospreys player.

I've tipped Sarries today. For my sins. I feel dirty.

Comment

So not so good, huh? Treviso went mighty close. Pity about that yellow card that wasn't for the supposed late hit on Murphy. I really wish Murphy would stop milking those incidents. He's done it before and had players yellow-carded. He's too good a player to resort to that sort of thing. Anyway, Leicester can consider themselves lucky.

Leinster were pish, Clermont were scary. Leinster's injuries and lack of decent replacements have caught up with them.

Saints rebounded very well. Ulster still could and should have won but flubbed too many opportunities and didn't deserve to win on that basis.

Only saw bits of Toulouse. As hot and cold as ever. Ditto Luke Burgess, who seemed to throw every second pass to an Ospreys player.

I've tipped Sarries today. For my sins. I feel dirty.
                      Had a great weekend up north with my family, however in terms of accurately predicting results...well, it left something to be desired. As you commented, typical Toulouse to lose one on the road, but given Ospreys recent performances I didn't think it'd be against them. I also didn't figure that Treviso would run Leicester so close (even with your prediction) given they had a chance to see what they were capable of last weekend.

As for Sale versus Toulon...well, Toulon must have stepped things up considerably from last weekend. I feel for those 200 or so Sale supporters that made the trip. However, given our season the HEC is irrelevant and given the disparity in the teams (yes, teams) that Toulon could field compared to our first 15 it really was Toulon that messed up by not putting 4 tries past us in Salford.

I watched Leinster Vs Clermont (first 60 minutes on fast forward) and then enjoyed the last 20 minutes before we headed out for a walk. Who knows, maybe Clermont will come to regret giving Leinster the life-line of a bonus point. Had they missed that it could have been game over for Leinster, as it is it is likely they'll remain a major threat to Clermont later on in the competition.
                      Last edited by kittenOFchaos; December 16, 2012, 18:48.

Comment

• I watched quite a bit of Toulon -v- Sale while watching Saffers -v- Munster. Toulon were 3-0 up after about 33 minutes. Then the heavens opened. By my rough calculation, they scored 59 points in about 47 minutes. Cipriani fell off one tackle to let Michalek through for a try and might even have fallen off another one. Couldn't be sure.

Comment

• Okay, chaps, we're off to Paris for Christmas and New Year. I'll check in when I can. If I don't get the chance, may I take this opportunity to wish you all the best for the forthcoming events!

Comment

• Yep Tigers were extremely lucky, and Spreys did usn a favour too.

Ah I do love that City - wishing you all the best for the festive season.
                            It is better to keep silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt

Comment

Okay, chaps, we're off to Paris for Christmas and New Year. I'll check in when I can. If I don't get the chance, may I take this opportunity to wish you all the best for the forthcoming events!
                              Have a terrific time!

Comeback refreshed and with more accurate predictions for me.

Comment

• Ah well - far too much beer and too many pies over the last fortnight. Time to get back in training.

Couple of wins for the boys over the holiday period, nicely in contention for the Premiership shake up.

I see Fourie has been forced to retire at Sale? He only played three games for the club in 16 months - not the best signing ever?
                                It is better to keep silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt

Comment

Working...
                                X