No announcement yet.

Rugby - The Game They Play In Heaven II

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Haven't seen the Leicester team but they should have too much for Treviso at home. Away at Treviso would be a challenge. Treviso are playing with a lot of confidence. Or were, prior to the internationals.
    " ... and the following morning I should see the Boks wallop the Wallabies again?" - Havak
    "The only thing worse than being quoted in someone's sig is not being quoted in someone's sig." - finbar, with apologies to Oscar Wilde.

Comment

• These are the back to back fixtures Finbar so we will find out next saturday. Only a six day turnaround for both sides.
      It is better to keep silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt

Comment

• Treviso will be a handful at home.

Just read that Howley is one of the Lions coaches! Ho ho he he. Augers well for player selection!
        " ... and the following morning I should see the Boks wallop the Wallabies again?" - Havak
        "The only thing worse than being quoted in someone's sig is not being quoted in someone's sig." - finbar, with apologies to Oscar Wilde.

Comment

• Bombed out with my HC tips last night but, watching Ulster, I didn't mind. Stuck it right up Saints. Very powerful, mighty skilful performance. Have to wonder a bit about Saints. They've sort of marked time over the last season or so, playing the same game. Is Mallinder a one-trick pony?

Havak, I need to call on your breathtaking knowledge of English ale. Do you know any of these Dorset drops?

Comment

• Originally posted by finbar View Post
            Bombed out with my HC tips last night but, watching Ulster, I didn't mind. Stuck it right up Saints. Very powerful, mighty skilful performance. Have to wonder a bit about Saints. They've sort of marked time over the last season or so, playing the same game. Is Mallinder a one-trick pony?

Havak, I need to call on your breathtaking knowledge of English ale. Do you know any of these Dorset drops?

http://www.hall-woodhouse.co.uk/beers/badgerales/
            I had fully backed Ulster to win as their form is excellent atm, I just didn't have the guts to back Connacht. What is up with Biarritz?

Comment

• Playing Connacht at home is always a challenge. I didn't see it but those who did say Connacht were out on their feet in the second half but never stopped scrapping and Biarritz flubbed a lot of chances.

Comment

• Didn't realise Treviso were playing in Leceister. I gave Treviso a head start of 30 points - it isn't looking good for my accumulator, not good at all.

Comment

• Originally posted by kittenOFchaos View Post
                  Didn't realise Treviso were playing in Leceister. I gave Treviso a head start of 30 points - it isn't looking good for my accumulator, not good at all.
                  Well, many thanks to Treviso for fighting back so strongly in the 2nd half and giving me a winning accumulator of £208 from £4. That helps cover quite a number of losses and pays for a nice meal for the wife and I.

I watched Clermont versus Leinster - amazing game, top-notch sides playing with high intensity for the full 80 minutes, terrific. It helped confirm in my mind that Sexton is the number 10 for the Lions, the amount of width he helps Leinster put on the game really helps open up sides.

You can tell I'm pleased

Comment

• Congrats on the win! I could only watch the first half of Clermont -v- Leinster on the internet. Cracking half of rugby. Leinster played a tactically very shrewd game. Sorry I missed the second half. I've thought for a long time that Sexton had to be the Lions 10. But so much will depend, obviously, on who pops up at 9. Knowing Fatland, it will probably be Phillips, so Elmer Fudd might as well wear the 10 jersey.

Missed Leicester -v- Treviso. Sounds like Leicester went off the boil in the second half. They won't want to do it next week.

Comment

• They essentially stopped playing in fact. Fifteen players were all looking to someone else to engage and do something. Repeat that and they will lose next weekend.

I think the dressing room would have been interesting after the game, which is not to take anything away form Treviso for executing well and capitalising on Tigers sheer stupidity.
                      It is better to keep silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt

Comment

• Hartley cited for forearms to the Rory Best bonce. Good thing too. He really is a slug.

Comment

• Whilst this is really bad news for Rhys Priestland and Scarlets it is potentially good news for Wales...

I think that Rhys Priestland has been a major reason why Wales have narrowly lost so many games during and since the RWC. In my opinion he isn't their best option at 10 and has been found wanting on numerous occasions. If Gatland has to look at different options it may lead to more suitable replacement being selected.

Comment

• Bit of a puzzle is Priestland. He showed some real quality in the last 6N but, with his efforts since, it's hard to know whether the 6N form was a flash in the pan. What was evident both in Oz and in the recent internationals was a complete and utter lack of confidence. Still, now Wales are forced to look for alternatives. I've never been convinced by Biggar at Test level and I don't know who else there is. Though I did see a cracking young prospect playing for Cardiff against Montpellier last weekend. Rhys Patchell, 20 years old but wise beyond his years, and very very good skills. The only downside for me is that he could be Prince Harry's double.

Comment

• Oh, and Fatland isn't taking Shaun with him on the Lions tour. Any fly on the wall in the room when Fatland told Shaun must have been ducking for cover.

Comment

• Originally posted by finbar View Post
                                Though I did see a cracking young prospect playing for Cardiff against Montpellier last weekend. Rhys Patchell, 20 years old but wise beyond his years, and very very good skills. The only downside for me is that he could be Prince Harry's double.
                                Rhys did look good, but I can't see any reason why they wouldn't employ James Hook in that role. If it had been my decision Hook would have been the Welsh fly-half for quite some time now.

Comment

Working...
                                X