No announcement yet.

Rugby - The Game They Play In Heaven II

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• And a big difference in the second half was that Ford was putting the ball in good positions a little more - still giving Sale plenty to run back with of course.

Cockerill's take:

"I thought Sale played really, really well and put us under a huge amount of pressure, and we dealt with that sin-binning in the first half.

"We thought it was a pretty soft try to concede, but we were under pressure the whole time and didn't have any ball in the first half.

"They were very good for their lead at half-time, but I thought our boys kept their composure. It's a good win as they were obviously desperate for the win."
    It is better to keep silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt

Comment

• Originally posted by Havak View Post
      - still giving Sale plenty to run back with of course.
      Exactly. Too much. And kicking to touch too often given the strength of Sale's lineout. I found it a tactically dodgy effort on Leicester's part all round. I'd've preferred to see them exploit their second-half strength.
      " ... and the following morning I should see the Boks wallop the Wallabies again?" - Havak
      "The only thing worse than being quoted in someone's sig is not being quoted in someone's sig." - finbar, with apologies to Oscar Wilde.

Comment

• Don't tell the boys at Tigers but I think on field leadership is somewhat lacking at the moment. Definitely lacking the nounce to adapt to prevailing circumstances, as you have so clearly pointed out.
        It is better to keep silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt

Comment

• Who's currently the captain? Crane? Never struck me as particularly bright. Or, put another way, the brightest thing about him is his blonde tips.
          " ... and the following morning I should see the Boks wallop the Wallabies again?" - Havak
          "The only thing worse than being quoted in someone's sig is not being quoted in someone's sig." - finbar, with apologies to Oscar Wilde.

Comment

• Yep in Murphy's absence Jordan takes the armband. And I would not disagree with your assessment.

Still at least it is a nice easy game on Sunday - Toulouse away.

Comment

• Shame Welford Road isn't going to be a RWC ground. The locals would appreciate a sparkling Namibia -v- Romania contest as an alternative to the dross they're served up on a weekly basis.

Comment

• I think you are confusing Welford Road and the King Power Stadium there.

Comment

• Nope. Sorry.

Corker weekend of rugby coming up. For my sins, I've gone the following:

Hairsprays
                  Ulster
                  Edinburgh
                  Munster
                  Zebre
                  Leinster
                  Clermont
                  Quins
                  Saints
                  Sale
                  Toulouse
                  Toulon

I expect to be quite wrong with several. Except Toulouse, obviously.

Comment

• Originally posted by finbar View Post
                    Nope. Sorry.

Corker weekend of rugby coming up. For my sins, I've gone the following:

Hairsprays
                    Ulster
                    Edinburgh
                    Munster
                    Zebre
                    Leinster
                    Clermont
                    Quins
                    Saints
                    Sale
                    Toulouse
                    Toulon

I expect to be quite wrong with several. Except Toulouse, obviously.
                    I wouldn't expect Edinburgh or Sale to win. Cardiff Blues have a backline that should cause Sale ALOT of problems and Edinburgh aren't doing well in the Rabo 14 despite Visser being on prolific form. I'd also be pretty cautious about Zebre and Munster...

Fortunately for me I can give handicaps. Here is hoping!

Comment

Shame Welford Road isn't going to be a RWC ground.
                      I think it is a rubbish decision as Welford Road has real character. I'd also want Bath as a venue as it is a beautiful venue in an beautiful city.

Comment

• I agree that it's a rubbish decision. They think they're going to maximise income via bigger stadiums. The big matches will always draw crowds. Two minnow teams will play in front of very few. Character aside, smaller venues are ideal locations for the minnow teams. The locals adopt the teams and pack the grounds. It was one of the keys to the success of the WC in Australia.

I wouldn't expect Edinburgh or Sale to win. Cardiff Blues have a backline that should cause Sale ALOT of problems and Edinburgh aren't doing well in the Rabo 14 despite Visser being on prolific form. I'd also be pretty cautious about Zebre and Munster...
                        I didn't claim it to be a guaranteed 100% foolproof list of winners.

Comment

• Oh, and I forgot to mention Sale's latest recruit, Diamond's most puzzling acquisition yet, John Mitchell as forwards coach. John Mitchell, the coach who was stood down during his two most recent coaching jobs - the Western Force, the Lions - for his inability to function in a group environment including abuse of players and staff. He was ordered to undergo counselling at the Western Force, did so, claimed to have solved his problems, left to coach the Sharks, and was stood down again for exactly the same problem. His temperament problems date back to his days in the ABs coaching set up. Quite what Diamond expects Mitchell to bring to what must be a fraught situation at Sale is beyond me.
                          Last edited by finbar; October 14, 2012, 03:49. Reason: Carelessness

Comment

• My HC tipping day is going from bad to worse. Thankfully I can bank on Toulouse.

Comment

My HC tipping day is going from bad to worse. Thankfully I can bank on Toulouse.
                              Despite having identified the right victor in every game this weekend I haven't made any money. I was handicap betting this weekend and there have been some monster sized victories - particularly Edinburgh 0 - Saracens 45. I haven't had an opportunity to watch much rugby this weekend, but needless to say I don't understand how a team that has a good share of top-quality players can end up losing by such a scoreline.

I will be watching Sale Sharks tomorrow without any money involved so I can fully get behind my team.

As for Sale taking on Mitchell...we're not really in a position to attract the best of the best. This guy is ex-All Blacks and should have something to bring to our set-up and he'll surely be looking to fix his battered reputation. If he messes up again he hasn't much of a future left in rugby.

Comment

• John Mitchell is a serial offender. He was well known for his temperament problems when he was in the ABs coaching set up many years ago. If he'd wanted to fix his reputation he would have after his counselling with the Western Force after which he claimed he'd come to grips with his problems. Instead, he took his unresolved problems to the Lions (not the Sharks, edited my earlier post accordingly) and was stood down yet again for exactly the same reasons. There are very decent forwards coaches around without these serious - and they're very serious - personal issues.

Edinburgh can be as pish as they can be good. I saw extended highlights of the game. Sarries went for it, CH was as good as he can be at club level, the passes stuck. What mystifies me more than Edinburghs' performance is why Sarries only produce that sort of rugby once a year.

Quins bounced back last night. Ferocious stuff played at speed with some breathtaking skills. Danny Care, with his mind on the job, not doing the two-step jig before passing, is playing himself into the England 9 shirt.

Comment

Working...
                                X