No announcement yet.

Rugby - The Game They Play In Heaven II

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• And Tigers threw away two points. Not a great days rugby.
    It is better to keep silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt

Comment

• I just saw the score. Mmmm. One of a couple of draws. Irish and Sale both need to lift their games.

The Argies' problem isn't lack of intelligence or nouse. They have massively powerful, very well organised defence, especially through the forwards. They thwarted the ABs for nearly 70 minutes last week. What they haven't yet got is much clue in attack. What happened today is exactly what happened against the ABs last week - the defence, forwards in particular, ran out of gas. It's undertstandable to an extent because they've travelled huge distances in the last couple of weeks. If and when they can organise an attack to match the quality of their defence ...

The Wallabies should have been out of sight. Two flubbed tries, two penalties against the post. There were some better signs - Kane Douglas' debut at lock was strong - but they weren't getting beyond two or three phases. Cooper made some terrible mistakes but at least he was playing flat and looking for runners. Except there weren't any. Apart from Sharpie, who should have scored his try, and McCabe who did. It's almost as though the backline has forgotten how to play. Still, like the ABs, they've won two weeks in a row while below their best.

Who would be a Bok supporter? The Bok forwards gave their team every chance. And M. Steyn and Pienaar just kicked the ball away to the likes of Israel Dagg. Pienaar is better than that. It has to be coach's orders. If I were a Bok forward, I'd throttle M. Steyn. His young replacement, when he came on, was a bit of a revelation.
      " ... and the following morning I should see the Boks wallop the Wallabies again?" - Havak
      "The only thing worse than being quoted in someone's sig is not being quoted in someone's sig." - finbar, with apologies to Oscar Wilde.

Comment

• Just dreadful news about Nevin Spence and his family. I can't imagine the heartbreak. He was a talented kid, probably not going to make a mark with Ireland, but, regardless of rugby, a tragedy.
        " ... and the following morning I should see the Boks wallop the Wallabies again?" - Havak
        "The only thing worse than being quoted in someone's sig is not being quoted in someone's sig." - finbar, with apologies to Oscar Wilde.

Comment

• Originally posted by finbar View Post
          Just dreadful news about Nevin Spence and his family. I can't imagine the heartbreak. He was a talented kid, probably not going to make a mark with Ireland, but, regardless of rugby, a tragedy.
          A tragic incident and devastating for the family involved. RIP.

London Welsh with their 1st victory in the Premiership. I must take the credit for it as I put the money I won yesterday (thank you Topsy Ojo) on Exeter to win...

Comment

• Yes one's thoughts are certainly with the family.

Good grief - I missed the LW win as I was so grumpy about Tigers dropping yet more points to the Sarascums. Well done to the Welsh Exiles.
            It is better to keep silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt

Comment

• Couldn't even get over the try line against Saffacens. The ignominy, the ignominy. I gather Farrell Jnr had a shocker. Toby pretty ordinary too. Augers well for England's 10 shirt.

In other more interesting news, Michael Cheika has taken over at the Waratahs. His credentials are Leinster, but he had a pretty handy mob of players. Plus Rocky Elsom had a magical patch of rugby, something he hasn't come close to repeating. Never the same player again after that Irish stint. Cheika then failed at Stade, though the Stade organisation just about matches the Waratahs for dysfunctionality. He's apparently good at knocking heads together. It's what the Tahs organisation needs. We shall see.

Comment

• Sale manage at home to lose 19-29 against London Welsh. Richie Gray and our other stars were playing...it wasn't available to watch on TV so I don't know WTF is going on, but it is what I've come to expect from teams managed by Bryan Redpath. What an incredible waste of money and talent.

Comment

• Yes, and I tipped them. Surely they would beat LW with the talent at their disposal, I thought. Madonna Ragazzi!, as they say around here. Good grief! If I were a Sale suporter hearing Redpath's cliche-ridden burble after the game -

"You can't hide behind that performance because, as a group, it wasn't good enough.

"It let a lot of people down that came along tonight. We really need to look hard in the mirror and see why that happened tonight as that wasn't acceptable at all.

"I apologise to every Sale supporter. They pay good money to watch and I will be doing my utmost to rectify that."
                  - I would issue a fatwa against him.

Comment

• I put most of my money on a VERY conservative handicap accumulator. I gave London Welsh a headstart of +21 points for 8/15. THAT should tell you how wrong the bookmakers got this event, 10/11 was +15 for London Welsh.

Bryan Redpath was an awesome player, but hasn't demonstrated that he can coach/manage successfully. At Gloucester he inherited a bloody good set-up that only failed in the play-offs due to the light-weight nature of a number of their players (Ryan Lamb for example). Soon Gloucester were sucking and he was giving the same post-match interview that he has given after every Sale game this season. We were mad to poach this guy from Gloucester as he had no track record of success.

On this issue of fatwa, I've a few too many on the go to properly pursue one against Bryan Redpath. Perhaps he'll bring the team together by telling them they are crap to the press one too many times and they beat the living daylights out of him.

I feel most sorry for Cipriani. Leaving the Rebels to Sale he must have thought "fantastic, I won't be on a team beaten every weekend now"

P.S Another one for the chop should be Jerry Guscott and his Premiership Predictions for the BBC. His predictions didn't go up until AFTER the result at Sale last night and he still got it wrong. His analysis one one line "Sharks to win by a couple of scores" - how half-arsed is that.

How did BBC expert Jeremy Guscott do in his predictions for round four of the Premiership season?

I told the BBC how crap it was, they lost my comment...
                    Last edited by kittenOFchaos; September 22, 2012, 09:27.

Comment

• He's a d1ck anyway. I never take any notice of him.

To compound my mistake of tipping Sale, I also tipped Wasps and Bath. Bustards. I tipped Quins mainly on the basis they were bringing better form into the match. Cracking game. They're going to be the two best teams in the comp again. Pity Cockers has to grizzle about the ref, particularly when the Quins' penalty count almost doubled Leicester's. Woods' rubbish lineout throwing cost them much more than any ref's decision. Quins are very hard to stop when they get rolling - off-loads at high speed with strength will defeat most defences. O'Shea is proving to be a very very decent coach.

Comment

• The bloodletting - well, okay, the scapegoating - has started at Sale. The forwards coach! But, it should be noted, Diamond will be assisting Redpath to prepare the team.

Comment

• I made £320 on my accumulator this weekend - went with some VERY safe options and it paid off

Comment

• Congrats. Shuffle some Sale's way towards a new coach.

Comment

• Quins will be hard to stop again this season as you say Finbar. We were well beaten by them. Tigers may well be in the mix somewhere but will need a complete performance to challenge Quins on that showing last weekend. This is the start of a rebuilding phase for us that could last a few seasons.

I wish I could get into the betting. My problem is that I hate losing money.

Comment

• So that's why you're famous for being somewhere else when it's your shout.

Comment

Working...
                                X